At my wits' end. No nasty remarks please.

MemberMember
(@rosiexo12)

Posted : 10/27/2016 9:32 pm

I have many white raised hypertrophic scars on my face due to a bout of severe acne a few years ago.

I visited an aesthetic doctor (obtained a diploma in dermatology but is relatively famous for her cosmeticprocedures) yesterday and was very discouraged and depressed.

I do know that the aforementioned scarring is very difficult to remove.

She recommended VI peels and Pearl laser but I have researched and peels are not likely to help hypertrophic scarring and Pearl laser is ablative.

I have heard about Micro needling for self harm scars and my scars are similar to self harm scars. Can any kind soul please tell me if Micro needling works for raised scars? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 11/03/2016 10:33 am

i can feel your pain that is exactly what i have too. i had a few injected on my chin which helped but they arent totally flat yet. the doctors where i live in pittsburgh wont do it for me so i would have to go back to nyc to get them injected again but its hard for me to get there. anyway i did various laser treatments with no luck i actually think it made the area worse. i've read a lot of good things about micro needling and was thinking of trying it as well. if you do get it done please go to a very reputable doctor. good luck to you and hugs

MemberMember
(@rosiexo12)

Posted : 11/06/2016 7:23 pm

Hi, thank you for your reply and kind wishes. I really appreciate it :D Good luck to you too! But may I ask what kinds of laser treatments have you done?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 11/07/2016 2:18 pm

i did the erbium laser then had 2 co2 laser treatments 100% ablative and then had 2 fraxel restores on the highest setting. the fraxel restore hurt like a biatch and it was a total waste of money. i had the best luck with the kenalog injections to get them flatter. i've read alot about needling being good to help break up the scar tissue. you are very welcome i know the feeling i actually hate the raised scars more than my indented scarring. \
i've done various peels and microderm too. it helped with skin tone but thats it.

MemberMember
(@rosiexo12)

Posted : 11/08/2016 4:59 am

I see... thanks for telling me ^^ I havealso read about the benefits of micro needling on hypertrophicscars and had emailed a dermatologist aboutit but she said that she didn't think it would work. She didn't offer a reason for her opinion though! But Iguess that may be because micro needling for hypertrophic scars is not very well established yet and is still kinda controversial.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 11/08/2016 10:42 am

yeah its hard i've got so many conflicting stories from so many people. i've probably seen at least 10 plastic surgeons and about 4 different derms and they all say something different which i find so odd. i would go with the injections until you get them almost totally flat then try the needling but maybe just do it on one area first to see if it works. i think i am going to try it because at this point there isnt much left to do.