Notifications
Clear all

please tell me what to do

MemberMember
(@user564225)

Posted : 10/27/2016 9:45 am

when i had clear skin, my life was perfect.i was very sociable and everyone was telling me i was an amazing person. i remember guys telling me that they liked me so much aand i felt awsome because i was getting attention everywhere i go. i was just being myself, i had this inner peace in the inside of me. everything was perfect.
then this nightmare started. i started looking at my face and seeing it change everyday, now it's a mess. i cant look at my eyes. i can't see me. i can only see the huge mess that is in my face. people was telling me what happened to my face. i tell them I DON'T KNOW.
i tried all the things i could. EVERYTHINGG. i started eating healthier, it didnt help much. i started expirementing. i tried a hclf vegan diet, a paleodiet, a low gl diet, i did aan apple cleanse, i did a three day water fast. and you know what happened? my face only got worse. i missed my period because of the crazy weight loss. now im eating whatever i want because i don't wanna loose weight and diets only make me feel worse.
i tried all the topicals and all the crap that only irritated my skin.
i tried and i tried and i tried.
i finally went to the dermatologist and she put me on low dose accutane. i don't even know how this is gonna work. i just started 9 days ago but im already depressed because of my acne. i want this to be a great journey but i just can't. i just want it to be over. from what i read, everyone was clear after a course of accutane regardless of the side effects, so why the fuck do i have a feeling that it may not work for me?
i know people who have success with accutane don't usually come back here because they're moving with their lives. but i just want some hope. i just want to read successful stories of people who have tried everything i tried and finally had success with accutane.
i dont know what to do, i dont know who i am anymore. im shattered.

MemberMember
(@user564225)

Posted : 10/28/2016 5:37 am

anyone? :(

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 10/28/2016 5:56 am

First thing you need to do is stop being so negative.

I agree, acne sucks and it can ruin your life, IF you let it. Now I've done the whole topical route and it didn't work for me either, so I'm on a low dose of accutane myself. All I can say is that accutane WILL clear up your acne, I'm already seeing the effects manifest on my skin and I know that in a few months I'm going to be clear.

Remember acne is temporary, its not going to be here forever. I believe everything happens to us for a reason, and that things happen to us to teach us a lesson that we wouldn't of learned any other way. Having acne hinder my life has taught me never to take life for granted, and that we need to live life to the best of our abilities and give it everything we've got. It also taught me to show empathy towards others with conditions they can't control, something that I previously made fun of.

Maybe youll look at this now and think that its the worst time of your life and that theres nothing to learn from it, that is your choice. What I do know is that once youre clear, youre definitely not going to take your clear skin for granted ever again. Best of luck

MemberMember
(@gabo20)

Posted : 10/28/2016 2:37 pm

Hi Asmaee,

I know how you are feeling after trying everything and nothing seems to work. I was there myself a year ago, like you i stop eating almost everything and lost a lot of weight, i was afraid of the food thinking that it was causing my horrible acne. I never took accutane because i did not have the money or the insurance to cover it. I was taking Minocycline, but it was destroying my stomach so i stop taking it as well. I enroll into an acne free program from the "Face reality clinic" i only used their products for a while, but still that was not the answer. Regardless of what Doctors tell you it is indeed what you put in your stomach the cause of acne, specially the amount of sugar and the conservatives found in all the process food. So here is what you need to do and it's what cleared my face, not that i don't get anymore pimples at all, but i only get one or 2 small ones. Stop eating all the processed food, anything that comes in a box and needs refrigeration is bad,frozen pizza, waffles or Burger King and every fast food place, all that is full of conservatives . That does not mean you cannot eat anything ; I eat pizza but not the frozen one, rice, beans, pasta, vegetables, i do not eat meat because I'm a vegetarian (not sure if meat would be a problem for me) but i do not eat nothing that has been stored in the frozen area of a supermarket anymore. The most important part is that you drink 2 liters of water everyday and do not drink soda or or can juices at all. Water is what gets rid of the toxins that food leaves in our body and causes pimples. For the pimples you have buy an ointment called " neosporin" and put in you pimples, this thing is fantastic it will cause the pimples to get a white head faster and after that you can pinch them with a needle and pop them but not with your hands buy a "pimple popper tool" it is important that you keep putting the neosporin on the pimples at all times until they are healed, usually they heal in 3 days. do not touch the pimples after you have poped them just keep the neosporin on them. If you have scars get the " Triluma cream" it gets rid of the scars in a week, but be carefull not to use much of this as it contains hydroquinone. After trying everything, that is what cleared my face and it is simple, no matter what you eat you have to take out the toxins left in your body by drinking water, lots of water. Hope this helps you and believe me if you read my posts from 1 year ago you will notice that i really feel your pain. Do not lose hope =D

MemberMember
(@user564225)

Posted : 10/29/2016 9:18 am

On 28/10/2016 at 11:56 AM, Tretinoin said:

First thing you need to do is stop being so negative.

I agree, acne sucks and it can ruin your life, IF you let it. Now I've done the whole topical route and it didn't work for me either, so I'm on a low dose of accutane myself. All I can say is that accutane WILL clear up your acne, I'm already seeing the effects manifest on my skin and I know that in a few months I'm going to be clear.

Remember acne is temporary, its not going to be here forever. I believe everything happens to us for a reason, and that things happen to us to teach us a lesson that we wouldn't of learned any other way. Having acne hinder my life has taught me never to take life for granted, and that we need to live life to the best of our abilities and give it everything we've got. It also taught me to show empathy towards others with conditions they can't control, something that I previously made fun of.

Maybe youll look at this now and think that its the worst time of your life and that theres nothing to learn from it, that is your choice. What I do know is that once youre clear, youre definitely not going to take your clear skin for granted ever again. Best of luck

thank you. i needed this.

18 hours ago, Gabo20 said:

Hi Asmaee,

I know how you are feeling after trying everything and nothing seems to work. I was there myself a year ago, like you i stop eating almost everything and lost a lot of weight, i was afraid of the food thinking that it was causing my horrible acne. I never took accutane because i did not have the money or the insurance to cover it. I was taking Minocycline, but it was destroying my stomach so i stop taking it as well. I enroll into an acne free program from the "Face reality clinic" i only used their products for a while, but still that was not the answer. Regardless of what Doctors tell you it is indeed what you put in your stomach the cause of acne, specially the amount of sugar and the conservatives found in all the process food. So here is what you need to do and it's what cleared my face, not that i don't get anymore pimples at all, but i only get one or 2 small ones. Stop eating all the processed food, anything that comes in a box and needs refrigeration is bad,frozen pizza, waffles or Burger King and every fast food place, all that is full of conservatives . That does not mean you cannot eat anything ; I eat pizza but not the frozen one, rice, beans, pasta, vegetables, i do not eat meat because I'm a vegetarian (not sure if meat would be a problem for me) but i do not eat nothing that has been stored in the frozen area of a supermarket anymore. The most important part is that you drink 2 liters of water everyday and do not drink soda or or can juices at all. Water is what gets rid of the toxins that food leaves in our body and causes pimples. For the pimples you have buy an ointment called " neosporin" and put in you pimples, this thing is fantastic it will cause the pimples to get a white head faster and after that you can pinch them with a needle and pop them but not with your hands buy a "pimple popper tool" it is important that you keep putting the neosporin on the pimples at all times until they are healed, usually they heal in 3 days. do not touch the pimples after you have poped them just keep the neosporin on them. If you have scars get the " Triluma cream" it gets rid of the scars in a week, but be carefull not to use much of this as it contains hydroquinone. After trying everything, that is what cleared my face and it is simple, no matter what you eat you have to take out the toxins left in your body by drinking water, lots of water. Hope this helps you and believe me if you read my posts from 1 year ago you will notice that i really feel your pain. Do not lose hope =D

hey there. thank you for your reply and all your great tips.im on accutane now so i can't use topicals but i'll try to drink lots of water..

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/07/2016 3:25 am

I was just like you. I was on accutane twice and felt like it didn't work for me, except for giving me dry eyes and lips. I've also tried changing my diet (cutting our dairies, etc.) but it didn't help much either. Was constantly feeling ugly, insecure, and embarrassed.

I've found that avoiding mirrors works for me cause I can stop analyzing my skin and finding all the things that are wrong (then picking at them and making my skin way worse than it needs to be.)

Also agree that you should stop with the negativity because it'll only cause you more stress, which is bad for the acne. Try to stay positive |