Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rose69

tanning booths, beds and the psychological effects

I have given up on all acne medications and skin products.

BP was effective however i cannot deal with the redness itchyness and dryness.

this past week i have decided to tan twice a week in a tanning salon for 9 minutes each time standing up in a booth! smile.gif not only does it clear up my face it also gives me a mental high, i have found that everytime i finish im in an extremely happy mood, right now the weather is horrible in england obviously! cold grey miserable nights!!! Im just inlove with tanning, everything is okay in moderation so im not too worried about the supposed damage it can cause! all im saying is tanning in a booth or bed will work wonders for your skin and mood!

try it!! smile.gif

Many would say it just masks apparent acne though prolonged use of tanning will cause you to break out in a big way. I'm glad you feel better though -- you should see the weather in NYC.

Skin age has nothing do with acne -- acne still exists with a tan, the redmarks are masked though. Most people who continue tanning, within a few weeks, will have a break out though as the hardened skin doesn't let pores clear themselves.

I have given up on all acne medications and skin products.

BP was effective however i cannot deal with the redness itchyness and dryness.

this past week i have decided to tan twice a week in a tanning salon for 9 minutes each time standing up in a booth! smile.gif not only does it clear up my face it also gives me a mental high, i have found that everytime i finish im in an extremely happy mood, right now the weather is horrible in england obviously! cold grey miserable nights!!! Im just inlove with tanning, everything is okay in moderation so im not too worried about the supposed damage it can cause! all im saying is tanning in a booth or bed will work wonders for your skin and mood!

try it!!  smile.gif

question: do you put tanning lotion on your face...

my girlfriend works at a tanning salon, and i have always been tan, but lately im pale, id idnt get out much this year...

my girlfriend works at a tanning salon, and i have always been tan, but lately im pale, id idnt get out much this year...

PLEASE everyone - tanning is ok if you are smart and conservative about it. Just be careful and don't go overboard...and for the love of all things good and pure, USE GOGGLES! 

It is true that you're supposed to wear the goggles, because of the UV rays. I'm just stubborn. I also find that if you wear that half the time it helps with the white spots, and won't be noticeable. I haven't had any issues yet, and I used to go, a lot. Don't use the goggles at your own risk though.

I have been toying with the going to them tanning beds, too. I have a ton of free sessions and its really cheap around here. When I had a tan this summer, I was walking around without my shirt and all was peachy. Maybe the tan, maybe not, we'll see...I think I'm going to go tomorrow:) Wish me luck