Notifications
Clear all

Makeup Coverage for Acne

MemberMember
(@mrziplock)

Posted : 10/23/2016 2:22 pm

Every single time I put on my makeup it comes out like this. (Reference Picture) My mom told me it was because my foundation was old so I bought I new one but It still wouldn't come out right. Someone else told me it was because I need to exfoliate but that doesn't seem to work either. I do not use primer all I use it foundation on my face. Any suggestions on how to fix this?!IMG_2521.JPG

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 10/23/2016 9:51 pm

what kind are you using? some are just are not blendable at all. i recently started using maybelline super stay better skin foundation and it blends really well and i am happy with it. i always read reviews on makeupalley before i buy foundation and if enough people say it "clings to dry patches" (which is what is happening here) or other negative stuff about it then i dont buy it.
a primer might help or even a layer of moisturizer to smooth the surface but my guess is its the foundation itself.

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 11/07/2016 3:06 pm

It looks like you have dry skin on your forehead and the makeup is just too thin and not offering enough coverage. You'll find a concealer underneath the makeup will also reduce the redness. Using a green cover stick, then regular concealer is also a good way to reduce redness.I would definitely say find a good primer that's oil-free and ideally silicone-free. You need a good primer to protect your skin so the makeup doesn't sink too deeply into your pores and cause acne. I've been patch testing Lorac's silicone-free primer for 4 days, no breakouts.

I can't give you foundation recommendations in good faith because I have yet to find a good one at present. It's also so hard to say how foundation might work for you. That's why it's good to patch test on the neck/jawline to avoid a major breakout.