Notifications
Clear all

my accutane journey/ 19yo female

MemberMember
(@user564225)

Posted : 10/23/2016 10:14 am

hello beautiful souls! my name is asmae and i just turned 19yo last week. i started having acne 3 years ago, but this year it got alot worse, i hate it. ive tried to clear my skin the natural way but it didnt help at all. so i went to the dermatologist and she gave me some topicals and an antibiotic. i used them for four days and i went back to the dermatologist. i told her the topicals burned my face like crazy and i just can't put them on my face anymore+ i had a feeling this wasnt gonna work anyway. she asked me if i wanted to go on accutane and i was like YUS PLEAAAASE!! so she put me on 10mg/day and today is my 5th day. so i just decided to share my experience with everyone :) btw i havent seen any changes yet but i've been breaking out a little less since i started.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 10/23/2016 10:37 am

Awesome! I started a little over a month ago and trust me, you'll start noticing the results pretty fast even on a low dose. I'm 80kg and doing 20mg/day and my oil has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. You'll see what I mean in like 5-10 more days

Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@user564225)

Posted : 10/23/2016 12:29 pm

1 hour ago, Tretinoin said:

Awesome! I started a little over a month ago and trust me, you'll start noticing the results pretty fast even on a low dose. I'm 80kg and doing 20mg/day and my oil has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. You'll see what I mean in like 5-10 more days

Best of luck!

omg really? buut im on my 5th day now and my face is still oily aghhhh
oh and thank you x wish u the best of luck too

Tretinoin liked
MemberMember
(@user564225)

Posted : 10/24/2016 11:00 am

DAY6
my face is still oily and i woke up with two more pimples today :c

MemberMember
(@user564225)

Posted : 10/29/2016 1:06 pm

DAY11
my lips are a little bit drier than usual
my face is less oily
no improvements whatsoever
i think im gona go for a facial next week to get these whitheads and blackheads extracted :)

MemberMember
(@girlquestion)

Posted : 10/30/2016 11:13 pm

hey! i was on 10 mg/ day for the first month and now only increased to 20 mg/ day!

If you get a facial remember to tell them your on accutane - it can drastically change how your skin will react to the facial. Your skin will be super sensitive towards it and they need to make sure if they use chemicals that your skin can handle it.

I didnt see a change till week 3 and boy did it break out, really really bad- black heads and little bumps where i have never gotten them before. You will notice things in week 3- 4.

goodluck!!

carly x

MemberMember
(@user564225)

Posted : 10/31/2016 4:43 am

5 hours ago, girlquestion said:

hey! i was on 10 mg/ day for the first month and now only increased to 20 mg/ day!

If you get a facial remember to tell them your on accutane - it can drastically change how your skin will react to the facial. Your skin will be super sensitive towards it and they need to make sure if they use chemicals that your skin can handle it.

I didnt see a change till week 3 and boy did it break out, really really bad- black heads and little bumps where i have never gotten them before. You will notice things in week 3- 4.

goodluck!!

carly x

hllw! tbh im still not sure about getting a facial, i think i'll just let the accutane do its thing
ow i'm sorry to hear that your skin broke out.. but i think it's a good thing since the med is pushing everything out. let's be patient x

MemberMember
(@girlquestion)

Posted : 10/31/2016 6:58 am

Yeah just trust in it :) seems so cliche to say but it's the truth. I have just heard some horror stories about facials on it! - a gentle steam one may be alright :) yeah that's what I'm thinking! The timeline of initial breakouts measures up 

MemberMember
(@user564225)

Posted : 10/31/2016 3:13 pm

weird! i heard some good things about skin clearing up faster with facials while on tane, espacially if you're on a low dosage since your skin isn't too fragile
well i called the dermatologist today and she told e to come next week for a facial :3

MemberMember
(@user564225)

Posted : 11/02/2016 11:09 am

DAY15
-my lips and my eyes are so dryy
-i feel tired all the time
- i went to the dermatologist and had a facial. she told me my skin looked better but i don't see any huge improvements ttbh

MemberMember
(@user564225)

Posted : 01/16/2017 1:59 pm

heyy there! sorry i haven't been aploading, these days are so hard for me and all i'm trying to do is to just be patient. i had to study for finals + my mental disorders have been getting worse these days.
DAY 90
ok so the first month my skin was doing so much better but no it's back to what it used to be :c it's really frustrating. is it normal tho? i mean starting to clear and then breaking out again..

side effects are kinda annoying .-.
- dry skin
-dry lips
-fatigue
-sore gums( this annoys me so much and i don't know what to do about it)

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 01/16/2017 2:32 pm

32 minutes ago, asmaeee said:

heyy there! sorry i haven't been aploading, these days are so hard for me and all i'm trying to do is to just be patient. i had to study for finals + my mental disorders have been getting worse these days.
DAY 90
ok so the first month my skin was doing so much better but no it's back to what it used to be :c it's really frustrating. is it normal tho? i mean starting to clear and then breaking out again..

- dry skin
-dry lips
-fatigue

Mm yeah, I've read tons of stories about this drug and a lot of people say they'll clear up and then have another breakout on the course. Have you also been tracking when the breakouts have been appearing? Are they during a certain time on your cycle? If you were forced to take contraception to get Accutane, it could be from that too.

MemberMember
(@user564225)

Posted : 01/16/2017 2:53 pm

18 minutes ago, cloudydreamer said:
50 minutes ago, asmaeee said:

DAY 90

- dry skin
-dry lips
-fatigue

Mm yeah, I've read tons of stories about this drug and a lot of people say they'll clear up and then have another breakout on the course. Have you also been tracking when the breakouts have been appearing? Are they during a certain time on your cycle? If you were forced to take contraception to get Accutane, it could be from that too.

hmm i don't really know.. i remember last month when i had my period my skin was better than it is now

MemberMember
(@user564225)

Posted : 01/19/2017 2:24 pm

DAY 93
ok so there are no changes today..skin is still the same
in terms of side effects, i feel like my teeth is gona full out..so sensitive><

also..my depression gets worse everyday.. espacially with no improvements in my skin.. i think ill just have to be patient..