Notifications
Clear all

I just realized Accutane is not a prescription drug where I live...

MemberMember
(@synclapse)

Posted : 10/20/2016 9:59 am

I had to schedule and wait 2-weeks for an appointment with a dermatologist. After that waiting, all he did was RECOMMEND what dosage of accutane I should get, and I could justwalk in to any pharmacy and pick up any dosage of accutane. No prescriptions at all. I think this is great, I no longer have to worry about an appointment.
Is this normal in other countries for you guys?

BTW- I am living in Qatar.

MemberMember
(@hiheyhello)

Posted : 10/20/2016 7:24 pm

Lol same here in Kuwait there are some places where you can get it without a prescription. It's not a good thing, it goes to show how flawed the medical system is. From what I see, people (especially girls) are abusing it and taking the medication even if they don't have acne... they take it just for the sake of making their skin look more clear. Oh and some take it because they hear it shrinks the size of the nose Anyways this means no liver function monitoring and proper counselling. And Roaccutane is a very hardcore drug so make sure you get regular blood tests done, at the very least.

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 10/22/2016 8:05 pm

I guess you all live in the Twilight Zone..

but ido you still have to pay the steep price?

MemberMember
(@synclapse)

Posted : 10/24/2016 11:34 am

On 10/23/2016 at 4:05 AM, BrokenPorEcelain said:

I'm not sure what the average price of a monthly dosage is, but I bought a 2 months supply of accutane (30mg per day) for about $93 USD if I convert it...

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 10/24/2016 1:19 pm

1 hour ago, SyncLapse said:
On October 22, 2016 at 9:05 PM, BrokenPorEcelain said:

I'm not sure what the average price of a monthly dosage is, but I bought a 2 months supply of accutane (30mg per day) for about $93 USD if I convert it...

Wow it's about $300 a month here if I remember correctly, that's interesting