Notifications
Clear all

My Acne (Need some help)

MemberMember
(@czepusz)

Posted : 10/17/2016 11:28 pm

So I have been struggling with acne for almost 2 years now. I first started breaking out bad my Junior year in High School, I am a Freshmen in College now and I just finally wanted to reach out to this forum and get some help. I tried many things in the past to help my skin clear up. I am a pretty healthy guy I drink almost a gallon of water a day, I go to the gym a lot and try to keep a healthy life style but then i'm left with these scars and acne on my face and sometimes I just lose motivation for everything. I don't really know what type of Acne I have or what I have going on my face, but I would really like some help. I don't have the oppurtunity to see a dermotologist but if there is anything I can change or do in my life that would atleast keep me motivating even if I started to see a little bit of results happening. But I havn't seen any results for the past 2 years and I would really want something to happen or change. I know people always say time is key but if there is anyway to speed up the process that would be great! Here are a few pictures on what I have going on. 

acne help 2.png

acne help.png

MemberMember
(@lucybus)

Posted : 10/21/2016 1:29 am

Hey! I would suggest Tactupump/Epiduo (same thing). It works really well at getting rid of acne and preventing new breakouts. It also helps get rid of/face scars and make pores smaller. You need a prescription from your doctor or walk-in clinic but you can just straight up ask for the product and it should be no problem!

MemberMember
(@keruen98)

Posted : 10/23/2016 1:11 am

Hey,

well I'll it seems like you have mild to moderate acne. But as far as it is seen in the picture, you are not having any forms of cysts, which is good.

It is good that you are working out and drinking lots of water. Also I am sure you do it, but just in case if you don't, splash your face with water after every workout (you don't have to use cleansers). That shall help to prevent small pimples.

You mentioned that you have healthy lifestyle. But what exactly do you mean? Try cutting acne trigger foods (basically dairy, artificIal sugar and caffeine mainly).

Also have you tried using benzoyl peroxide? I would advice using mild cleanser and moisturizer, as well as benzoyl peroxide. They will not prevent acne atleast for me, but they help to keep the skin stable and fight acne that is already there. Diet should do the main thing with fighting acne

Hope this helps

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 10/23/2016 5:26 am

On 18/10/2016 at 6:28 AM, Czepusz said:

So I have been struggling with acne for almost 2 years now. I first started breaking out bad my Junior year in High School, I am a Freshmen in College now and I just finally wanted to reach out to this forum and get some help. I tried many things in the past to help my skin clear up. I am a pretty healthy guy I drink almost a gallon of water a day, I go to the gym a lot and try to keep a healthy life style but then i'm left with these scars and acne on my face and sometimes I just lose motivation for everything. I don't really know what type of Acne I have or what I have going on my face, but I would really like some help. I don't have the oppurtunity to see a dermotologist but if there is anything I can change or do in my life that would atleast keep me motivating even if I started to see a little bit of results happening. But I havn't seen any results for the past 2 years and I would really want something to happen or change. I know people always say time is key but if there is anyway to speed up the process that would be great! Here are a few pictures on what I have going on.

You should do peelings, i would suggest TCA 12.5% which is a good peel to start with, which also will kill the acne bacterias. You can buy it on eBay or Amazon.

I acutally don't think your skin looks that bad, it looks like something that can be under control quickly with the right treatment. On daily basis I would use an antibiotic creme, the best i know contains Clindamycin + BP. Ask your doctor.

MemberMember
(@czepusz)

Posted : 10/23/2016 10:13 pm

16 hours ago, Alex9945 said:
You should do peelings, i would suggest TCA 12.5% which is a good peel to start with, which also will kill the acne bacterias. You can buy it on eBay or Amazon.

I acutally don't think your skin looks that bad, it looks like something that can be under control quickly with the right treatment. On daily basis I would use an antibiotic creme, the best i know contains Clindamycin + BP. Ask your doctor.

What would you say about the Acne.org regimen? Do you think it can help?-

21 hours ago, keruen98 said:

Hey,

well I'll it seems like you have mild to moderate acne. But as far as it is seen in the picture, you are not having any forms of cysts, which is good.

It is good that you are working out and drinking lots of water. Also I am sure you do it, but just in case if you don't, splash your face with water after every workout (you don't have to use cleansers). That shall help to prevent small pimples.

You mentioned that you have healthy lifestyle. But what exactly do you mean? Try cutting acne trigger foods (basically dairy, artificIal sugar and caffeine mainly).

Also have you tried using benzoyl peroxide? I would advice using mild cleanser and moisturizer, as well as benzoyl peroxide. They will not prevent acne atleast for me, but they help to keep the skin stable and fight acne that is already there. Diet should do the main thing with fighting acne

Hope this helps

I do eat dairy and sugars occasionaly, But I try to eat healthier. And also I have a quick question, Would the acne.org regimen be something I should try, and would it help with the scars on my face? Thanks for the reply!

MemberMember
(@greentea4ever)

Posted : 10/24/2016 12:54 am

I tried acne.org regime. It worked.

But it only worked to clear up the skin and will stop working once you stop putting benzoyl peroxide.

Try stop eating dairy and sugary food. I'm asian and i've seen how much bad carbs, sugary and dairy food americans consume. Which is A LOT. I mean, your "occasional" to me mught mean "often"..

Also try looking into anti-inflamation food such as green tea, olive oil and omega 3.

MemberMember
(@czepusz)

Posted : 10/24/2016 1:24 am

29 minutes ago, Greentea4ever said:

I tried acne.org regime. It worked.

But it only worked to clear up the skin and will stop working once you stop putting benzoyl peroxide.

Try stop eating dairy and sugary food. I'm asian and i've seen how much bad carbs, sugary and dairy food americans consume. Which is A LOT. I mean, your "occasional" to me mught mean "often"..

Also try looking into anti-inflamation food such as green tea, olive oil and omega 3.

I'll take your word, thanks for the advice!

MemberMember
(@keruen98)

Posted : 10/24/2016 4:42 am

Give it a try to cut totally dairy and artificial sugars. I Knw it is hard, but give it a try

i never tried acne.org regime, but you don't have to use it exactly. I mean there are a lot of other benzoyl peroxide products which are great. I am using bp gel from galderma , which is a great brand that u can find in any pharmacy. Also I am using larosheposay products for cleanser and moisturizer. But if you feel like it, give it a try for acne.org regime

MemberMember
(@czepusz)

Posted : 10/24/2016 6:10 pm

What would you recommend me using for the scars? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@greentea4ever)

Posted : 10/24/2016 11:11 pm

Have you heard of derma roller?
Google.
I want to use it but i think it is wise to use it after we get complete clear skin. Meaning, we know our skin better, or else scarring keeps occuring.

google derma roller :)

MemberMember
(@keruen98)

Posted : 10/25/2016 11:05 am

It is better to get rid of acne first, before healing the scars. That is because scar healing techniques tend to be irritating, what can cause more acne.

I would advice to go on DermaPen treatment. It is pretty effective and safe. Check out brian turner on youtube

MemberMember
(@czepusz)

Posted : 10/25/2016 3:31 pm

4 hours ago, keruen98 said:

It is better to get rid of acne first, before healing the scars. That is because scar healing techniques tend to be irritating, what can cause more acne.

I would advice to go on DermaPen treatment. It is pretty effective and safe. Check out brian turner on youtube

Yeah I actually watch Brian Turner, but I actually started using the Acne.org Regimen so we will see how it works out!

MemberMember
(@gentlesoul)

Posted : 10/25/2016 5:34 pm

2 hours ago, Czepusz said:
6 hours ago, keruen98 said:

Yeah I actually watch Brian Turner, but I actually started using the Acne.org Regimen so we will see how it works out!

I always recommend the regimen when I see acne in your condition, which seems like mine, untreated. I've been using the regimen for years with relatively good success. Hope it works for you. Keep us posted.

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 10/28/2016 2:02 pm

On 25/10/2016 at 10:31 PM, Czepusz said:
On 25/10/2016 at 6:05 PM, keruen98 said:

Yes i think you should give acne.org a try, then you can fix the scars after your pimples are gone. When that is said, AHA/BHA is actually working on scars too, so acne.org will also over time help with the scars.

I would still do 12% TCA peels. It is good for bacterias and scars and you only do it 1 time a month.