Notifications
Clear all

Any accutane success stories out there?

MemberMember
(@pentagon)

Posted : 10/17/2016 10:10 pm

It seems like these forums are infected by negative accutane stories. I get it, some people want to share their negative side effects and see if others are experiencing the same thing and sometimes they want to warn others of potential side effects.

I think people need hope and need to stop focusing and worrying on side effects that could occur. We want to hear about people who have been off this product for a long time and are doing great. Of course these people who are doing great usually don't come back to these forums because acne is a thing of the past. For those of you who have taken accutane and happen to still be active on these forums and have had positive results, I would love to hear how you're doing.

How are your lips, eyes and face/back/arms?
How has it changed your mood?
How has it changed the way you see things?

I myself have been taking accutane for 3 weeks now and already like how it's working but I'm stressing out about potential side effects and I need to be reassured.

Thank you for your time.

MemberMember
(@cosmin-mihai)

Posted : 10/20/2016 3:57 am

80 days in 20mg Per day. I get fewer breakouts , still not clear But huge improvement. I have a little back pain when i go to bet mostly and as for depression i don t want to scade you But i had some days.. Very Bad. It s all on how is your life going by the moment. If it s shit Like mine it could be Bad. Good Luck !!

MemberMember
(@user564225)

Posted : 10/20/2016 5:57 am

alot of people i know have very successful experiences with accutane! but i noticed most of them were taking a low dose at the beggining of the course and they stayed on it for a year or so to finish their dosage. its amazing how their skin has become! they look like they neveeeer had a pimple and even their scars completely went away. my best friend is actually one of them and she encouraged me to take it too. i just started my first pill today, taking 10mg per day and im trying to be patient! please if theres anyone who was on low dose and sw this comment please share your experiencees!!

Pentagon liked
MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 10/20/2016 8:22 am

I took accutane years ago, so I don't remember the specific dosages or anything (My mom handled all that stuff!).

For me the side effects were minimal. I got a small rash on my arms from dryness, but the derm recommended a lotion from the drugstore that took care of it pretty quickly. Otherwise, I didn't experience any extreme dryness on my face or chapped lips or anything like that. I didn't really wear make-up in high school, so perhaps I would have noticed more if I did. Many girls on accutane have trouble applying their make-up due to dryness. I also didn't know anything about skincare at the time so I was using a lot of those drugstore cleansers that people tell you to avoid and not moisturizing much at all. Despite that, I still didn't have problems with dryness or irritation.It didn't have any drastic effect on my mood or viewpoint of things. Towards the end, I did tend to be a little more "moody". But I was also a teenager going through finals and a lot of other stressful stuff at the time, so I can't really blame it on the drug.

I agree with you about not stressing/worrying so much. I was really hopeful throughout the whole course and it made the experience enjoyable. I didn't read too much into the side effects other than what the derm told me to expect, so I didn't worry much.

My skin was amazing afterwards. I got to finish high school and go through college with clear, worry-free skin! It was like I never had acne at all.

Last winter I had my first actual breakout in almost 7 years. It was soo mild compared to my pre-accutane acne & I'm already clear again after a treatment from the derm. My skin has never relapsed into the horror of what it used to be.

Anyway, good luck with the rest of your course!

Pentagon liked
MemberMember
(@user564225)

Posted : 10/20/2016 4:06 pm

7 hours ago, kelbell812 said:

I took accutane years ago, so I don't remember the specific dosages or anything (My mom handled all that stuff!).

For me the side effects were minimal. I got a small rash on my arms from dryness, but the derm recommended a lotion from the drugstore that took care of it pretty quickly. Otherwise, I didn't experience any extreme dryness on my face or chapped lips or anything like that. I didn't really wear make-up in high school, so perhaps I would have noticed more if I did. Many girls on accutane have trouble applying their make-up due to dryness. I also didn't know anything about skincare at the time so I was using a lot of those drugstore cleansers that people tell you to avoid and not moisturizing much at all. Despite that, I still didn't have problems with dryness or irritation.It didn't have any drastic effect on my mood or viewpoint of things. Towards the end, I did tend to be a little more "moody". But I was also a teenager going through finals and a lot of other stressful stuff at the time, so I can't really blame it on the drug.

I agree with you about not stressing/worrying so much. I was really hopeful throughout the whole course and it made the experience enjoyable. I didn't read too much into the side effects other than what the derm told me to expect, so I didn't worry much.

My skin was amazing afterwards. I got to finish high school and go through college with clear, worry-free skin! It was like I never had acne at all.

Last winter I had my first actual breakout in almost 7 years. It was soo mild compared to my pre-accutane acne & I'm already clear again after a treatment from the derm. My skin has never relapsed into the horror of what it used to be.

Anyway, good luck with the rest of your course!

did you eat anything u wanted while u were on tane?

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 10/21/2016 7:12 am

15 hours ago, asmaeee said:
did you eat anything u wanted while u were on tane?

Yeah. At the time I never considered a link between diet and acne at all so it wasn't something that crossed my mind!

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 10/22/2016 8:01 pm

I WAS a success story until I went and used a retinoid called tazorac (.05) and now my skin is messed up badly.

You can go look at my before pics (which can also double as after pics to accutane)..they are in my post "Tazorac destroyed my face"...I also talked about the accutane experience in my long initial post in case anyone who was reading was considering it..I've never been on an acne related site until now and I probably should have posted about the positive 'tane experience a long time ago..I guess it's true that most people only stick around these types of sites because they are still experiencing negatives related to the skin..as I suddenly am now..so yes you will see more negative than positive here

i took the accutane about 4 years ago and I had skin afterward that had strangers coming up to me, complimenting and asking me about it..granted I also ate ridiculously healthy, drank tons of water, completely avoided the sun, exercised, never picked and did everything to protect and preserve my good skin..which basically means I did little to nothing to it..yet 2 months ago, a small amount of acne (from not washing my face properly for months) somehow possessed me to use a sample of something I knew little about..and now I'm wrecked.
If I had just been patient and went back to my old routine..that small breakout would Be gone by now and I wouldn't be on this site , sobbing nearly every damnday

so for me:
Oral vitamin A: hell yes
Topical vitamin A : HELLLLL NOO

MemberMember
(@erind)

Posted : 10/25/2016 8:47 pm

I am currently on accutane, and I started around June. I had bad acne in high school, and it is slowly starting to clear up. I take two pills a day now. I am not fond of this, because it is such a hassle (doing blood work every month, pregnancy tests, etc.) although these things are annoying, I am very thankful I am on this pill. It has done magic so far. My skin is super super dry all the time, as well as my chapped lips. I have a couple bad depressing days a few times a month, but I blame that on my 18 year old self! I am not on birth control, as I committed to abstinence. I regret making that decision, because sometimes an 18 year old wants to have sex. I know the whole point is to not get pregnant.
QUESTION: Whoever has been on accutane, if I am not on birth control, can I have sex with a condom? Abstinence is driving me crazy, and I was just curious.
Other than that, I am happy with myself being on the pill. It has done me well so far.

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 10/25/2016 10:24 pm

1 hour ago, erind said:

I am currently on accutane, and I started around June. I had bad acne in high school, and it is slowly starting to clear up. I take two pills a day now. I am not fond of this, because it is such a hassle (doing blood work every month, pregnancy tests, etc.) although these things are annoying, I am very thankful I am on this pill. It has done magic so far. My skin is super super dry all the time, as well as my chapped lips. I have a couple bad depressing days a few times a month, but I blame that on my 18 year old self! I am not on birth control, as I committed to abstinence. I regret making that decision, because sometimes an 18 year old wants to have sex. I know the whole point is to not get pregnant.
QUESTION: Whoever has been on accutane, if I am not on birth control, can I have sex with a condom? Abstinence is driving me crazy, and I was just curious.
Other than that, I am happy with myself being on the pill. It has done me well so far.

I don't think so...I had to beg and plead with my derm to let me go on it without birth control.
because birth control is what caused my cysts in the first place..and I wasn't planning on doing anything, with anyone, which of course no one believes when you are over the age of fifteen..so it was a struggle in many way s to get on that drug...when I took the pledge online it asked if you had a second form of birth control (as it is mandatory)..condoms are only one form..my derm let me check off birth control as a second one even tho I wasn't on it becuz of my prior reaction to it and my stubbornness to make him believe that I had zero interest in sex ..my only interest was getting my skin clear
..imagine that conversation

my libido has been in the negatives all my life tho so maybe I cannot understand that pressing desire..I would still think you could abstain for 6 months tho, surely?

and you only have about 3 left, right?

MemberMember
(@macleod)

Posted : 10/26/2016 4:20 am

On 10/17/2016 at 11:10 PM, Pentagon said:

It seems like these forums are infected by negative accutane stories.

infected like disease, weed, insect infestation? homeless or underprivileged urban youth hanging out in the affluent part of town infected? i don't mind as long as they don't look at me or speak to me.

I get it, some people want to share their negative side effects and see if others are experiencing the same thing and sometimes they want to warn others of potential side effects.

or maybe they are just hypochondriacs trying to get in the way of future flawless beautiful peoples success!

I think people need hope and need to stop focusing and worrying on side effects that could occur...

...but I'm stressing out about potential side effects and I need to be reassured.

contradiction...

We want to hear about people who have been off this product for a long time and are doing great.

search on YouTube.

Of course these people who are doing great usually don't come back to these forums because acne is a thing of the past.
30 million prescribed, I'm sure there's plenty of them. Again, YouTube seems like the place you're looking for. I hear bodybuilding and Accutane treatments is the new fad.

MemberMember
(@johnsmith21)

Posted : 10/29/2016 8:48 pm

On 10/26/2016 at 5:20 AM, macleod said:
On 10/17/2016 at 11:10 PM, Pentagon said:

It seems like these forums are infected by negative accutane stories.

infected like disease, weed, insect infestation? homeless or underprivileged urban youth hanging out in the affluent part of town infected? i don't mind as long as they don't look at me or speak to me.

I get it, some people want to share their negative side effects and see if others are experiencing the same thing and sometimes they want to warn others of potential side effects.

or maybe they are just hypochondriacs trying to get in the way of future flawless beautiful peoples success!

I think people need hope and need to stop focusing and worrying on side effects that could occur...

...but I'm stressing out about potential side effects and I need to be reassured.

contradiction...

We want to hear about people who have been off this product for a long time and are doing great.

search on YouTube.

Of course these people who are doing great usually don't come back to these forums because acne is a thing of the past.
30 million prescribed, I'm sure there's plenty of them. Again, YouTube seems like the place you're looking for. I hear bodybuilding and Accutane treatments is the new fad.

Yooooo this guy trolls EVERYONE I'm literally laughing. OP I took twice, no side effects other then dryness and I pain. May go on it a third time . This guy who answered is a hypochondriac and probably got bullied all his life. He's a huge weirdo I literally lol when he posts

Oh and btw the freak mentioned bodybuilding bc I said attributed my joint pain to bodybuilding and not accutane..... he thought I was bragging and "trying to make friends". My mans needs HELP. But anyway, don't stress especially if it's ur first course. 30 million people take it a year. And to answer your question, the reason why it's all negativity is because people who take it and have no side effects don't come on this website. Me for example. I didn't take it the first time and say "I took it and it went fine". I didn't even know about this website. Usually people go to the internet when something bad happens/have a problem. I'm on the site now bc I'm trying to find people who have taken accutane multiple times! Good luck and don't stress!

Also, I don't want to be shallow towards the less then 1% of people who have a rare side effect (rare side effects are less then 1%), but a lot of people here are hypochondriacs whether diagnosed or not. They REACH and come up with crazy theories about how accutane messed them up. Over researching, believing you have problems/diseases, and over searching/posting on the internet are classic hypochondriac behaviors. These people all feed each other's fears as well. They see other people behaving this way and think it's normal. It's not. They are not doctors. Listen to your derm, he went to school for 10 years in order to be qualified to give you advice. Listening to some fake tough guy/nut case on the internet won't help. That same dude is all over this site doing "research" on accutane

Pentagon liked
MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 10/31/2016 7:28 am

On 10/29/2016 at 9:48 PM, JohnSmith21 said:

Also, I don't want to be shallow towards the less then 1% of people who have a rare side effect (rare side effects are less then 1%), but a lot of people here are hypochondriacs whether diagnosed or not. They REACH and come up with crazy theories about how accutane messed them up. Over researching, believing you have problems/diseases, and over searching/posting on the internet are classic hypochondriac behaviors. These people all feed each other's fears as well. They see other people behaving this way and think it's normal. It's not. They are not doctors. Listen to your derm, he went to school for 10 years in order to be qualified to give you advice. Listening to some fake tough guy/nut case on the internet won't help. That same dude is all over this site doing "research" on accutane

Agree 100%!

MemberMember
(@macleod)

Posted : 10/31/2016 9:13 am

he literally just said "a lot of people here are hypochondriacs whether diagnosed or not." and then says "they not doctors and listen to your dermatologist." That is a contradiction in itself right there. He's also using 1% as if its the actual percentage, but its not. But lets say for the sake of retarded argument that it is indeed 1% of 30 million, that's 300,000 people with severe side effects. I know you senseless people advocating accutane use wish you could just throw away 300,000 people, but it doesn't quite work like that. I'd say maybe 100 are gathered on this site and it's totally absurd in your minds because you're expecting 1% of all users on this forum to have negative side effects. See how you are correlating the percentage of the population in the world to the percentage of forum users...You're misinterpreting the details and math, but that's ok. I had two sarcastic posts this week, and maybe I shouldn't have, but that doesn't take away the fact that any adult with common sense reading this will ultimately come to the conclusion that there is risk in taking this drug, more so than purported by the companies.

MemberMember
(@johnsmith21)

Posted : 10/31/2016 10:20 am

59 minutes ago, macleod said:

he literally just said "a lot of people here are hypochondriacs whether diagnosed or not." and then says "they not doctors and listen to your dermatologist." That is a contradiction in itself right there. He's also using 1% as if its the actual percentage, but its not. But lets say for the sake of retarded argument that it is indeed 1% of 30 million, that's 300,000 people with severe side effects. I know you senseless people advocating accutane use wish you could just throw away 300,000 people, but it doesn't quite work like that. I'd say maybe 100 are gathered on this site and it's totally absurd in your minds because you're expecting 1% of all users on this forum to have negative side effects. See how you are correlating the percentage of the population in the world to the percentage of forum users...You're misinterpreting the details and math, but that's ok. I had two sarcastic posts this week, and maybe I shouldn't have, but that doesn't take away the fact that any adult with common sense reading this will ultimately come to the conclusion that there is risk in taking this drug, more so than purported by the companies.

I have tendinitis in both elbows since I was 16.... many would say that was from accutane....but I took that at 18....maybe my elbows hurt from weight lifting, it's very common. I get brain fog sometimes, so does everyone! Allergies cause brain fog. My mom gets brain fog, she's never taken accutane. And bro.... you took accutane for ONE MONTH. I would love to know the dosage. I read through all ur posts and you've spent the last 8 years of your life thinking that a month of accutane damaged you at a cellular level........I feel bad for you, but it's because you are tourting yourself with OCD, not because anything happend your you. Wanna know what causes low libido, brain fog, and depression? Spending all day thinking about a drug and ways to fix yourself, and by analyzing every little feeling you have. I would definitely have those symptoms if I believed I was damaged at a cellular level lmao. And you've been doing this for like 8 years, it's become your life, you are accustomed to it......all because of month of accutane. Wow.

Pentagon liked
MemberMember
(@macleod)

Posted : 10/31/2016 11:29 am

Those are symptoms. I know you didn't go to school for this, but there are both symptoms AND signs. For instance I can't make up the fact that I have intracranial pressure. There are signs such as papilledema that go along with symptoms of tinnitus. And to confirm this a neurologist will usually take cerebrospinal fluid measurements which one can also not make up. You have a typical "bro know it all" mentality, and it's ok to be wrong, but your argument is literally nothing except I feel this way, I feel that way, so therefore, sprinkle some insults and condescending comments in there. You think you know better than a neurologist? So much to say even if someone gets a diagnosis they are still wrong? I feel bad for you, your parents, and your future kids (if you have any).

MemberMember
(@johnsmith21)

Posted : 10/31/2016 1:59 pm

2 hours ago, macleod said:

Those are symptoms. I know you didn't go to school for this, but there are both symptoms AND signs. For instance I can't make up the fact that I have intracranial pressure. There are signs such as papilledema that go along with symptoms of tinnitus. And to confirm this a neurologist will usually take cerebrospinal fluid measurements which one can also not make up. You have a typical "bro know it all" mentality, and it's ok to be wrong, but your argument is literally nothing except I feel this way, I feel that way, so therefore, sprinkle some insults and condescending comments in there. You think you know better than a neurologist? So much to say even if someone gets a diagnosis they are still wrong? I feel bad for you, your parents, and your future kids (if you have any).

A month of accutane is HIGHLY unlikely to cause intracranial pressure. Are u sure that it wasn't that way before accutane and u noticed after? I see a symptom is one pupil larger then the other? I've had one pupil larger then the other since before accutane, spotted by my eye doctor when getting contacts. If I went to him after accutane I would be thinking it was because of that. All my symptoms I've had before accutane. I had video of me deadlifting 500lbs while on my 4th month of my second course. I think that's why I have lower back pain, lol. Everything you research and experience is highly anecdotal. In fact what u and everyone else in the long term side effects of accutane thread is doing is more Bro science then anything. Cmon you really think a drug that millions of people take at up to 120mg for 6 months, fucked with your DNA after a MONTH!? Doctors don't take you seriously because it is CLEARLY hypochondria. I was originally a psych major but I switched, but just so you know 80% of people which hypochondria also have OCD. Your OCD seems to be related to ur health, you have intrusive thoughts that something is wrong with you, and your "ritual" is to perform medical research and visit doctors. The mind is a powerful thing. If someone told me I had lice and I didn't, I would scratch all day. In fact, I think it is people like YOU who discredit the people who sadly do suffer real long term side effects. Most doctors start people off at a half dose. So let's say u were on track to do 80mg, u probably did 40 the first month u were on. So to get this straight. You believe 40mg (my guess) of accutane for 1 month damaged you at a cellular level, and that you are suffering 8 years later? Any doctor or even scientist would find that totally ludacrious. You are suffering from a mental disorder. OCD and many mental disorders act as their own entity, and it is hard for many people to admit that their problem is themself. Based on what I've read about you, you frequently "check" your health and synptoms (seeing if you "feel" the trees, sunlight, etc). Checking if you "feel" exercise euphoria, etc. checking your libido. OCD consists of a lot for checking. In fact it is known as "the doubter's disease". The reason you feel better when ur hungover is bc depressants often help OCD symptoms. You will never be "cured" until you adress your real issue; OCD. I have a relative with the disorder and he is very much like you (minus the fact that he didn't take accutane.......for one month). He's an old man now and his entire life passed him by. You have been at this for 8 years which makes your OCD very strong at this point. Please see a psychologist, that is your only way of getting better. Also saw it took u 10 years to finish college, and ur Also very intelligent. OCD patients have a much higher IQ on average, but take much longer complete tasks. Please take a REALISITC step, and address your REAL problem.

Pentagon liked
MemberMember
(@macleod)

Posted : 10/31/2016 4:22 pm

We have completely hijacked this persons thread... The Original Poster asked if there were any accutane success stories out there, which you yourself can't be considered a success since your acne relapsed. I sarcastically made a post, because she insulted the negative stories on here calling them "infections." The truth is that the majority of Accutane treatments are a success, I'd say about 92-93% of them. And I have been here for a while and have talked to many people. There has been at least a hundred of you at one point in time.

I know how arguing semantics works. You don't realize it, but you'll keep regressing, until you have nothing left in your arguments, so you'll then have no choice but to attack the persons character. Bottom line is a lot of us on here are smart, and we know when a drug has caused physiological damage, and we work to solve an issue, because that's what humanity does. My doctors take me very seriously, my lawyers take me seriously, and that's all that matters. I gain nothing by posting online and arguing with you really. Honestly, the best thing you could do for me is take another course.

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 10/31/2016 7:54 pm

9 hours ago, JohnSmith21 said:
10 hours ago, macleod said:

I have tendinitis in both elbows since I was 16.... many would say that was from accutane....but I took that at 18....maybe my elbows hurt from weight lifting, it's very common. I get brain fog sometimes, so does everyone! Allergies cause brain fog. My mom gets brain fog, she's never taken accutane. And bro.... you took accutane for ONE MONTH. I would love to know the dosage. I read through all ur posts and you've spent the last 8 years of your life thinking that a month of accutane damaged you at a cellular level........I feel bad for you, but it's because you are tourting yourself with OCD, not because anything happend your you. Wanna know what causes low libido, brain fog, and depression? Spending all day thinking about a drug and ways to fix yourself, and by analyzing every little feeling you have. I would definitely have those symptoms if I believed I was damaged at a cellular level lmao. And you've been doing this for like 8 years, it's become your life, you are accustomed to it......all because of month of accutane. Wow.

While I'm not entirely siding with anyone here, and while I, myself, have taken accutane with no issue.

I think it IS entirely possible that 1 month could cause such an effect.
I'm dealing with a pretty ridiculous reaction right now, to a retinoid...and I only used it TWICE.
and it amazes me that this topical harmed me and the accutane did not.
I wouldn't have really said anything more if I knew that my reaction:damage was temporary...but through all that I have researched and through all the people I've contacted going through the same phenomenon, I have yet to find someone who recovered..even years down the line.
It's very scary and I'm sure if a topical form of vitamin a can cause this type of thing, then certainly the most controversial skin care drug, oral vitamin a (tane)can.
It just goes to show that we have an innate ignorance to "other people's problems", until we experience them ourselves.
I've never even had to be on an acne or skin related site until now and I can tell you, that 2 months ago, If I had come across some of the things I see here now, I probably would have also had a lot more suspicion that people were over reacting or that they were doing something else that could have caused their problems.
But I think that most have every right to feel the way they feel..and if we are going to narrow it down to the online community when it comes to percentages...well the ones stated seem way off the marker.
And this community is the one asking the questions, so..
Where did you get those statistics by the way? Jw
1% sounds way too convenient, even on an international/outside the Internetscale.

MemberMember
(@johnsmith21)

Posted : 10/31/2016 8:12 pm

12 minutes ago, BrokenPorEcelain said:
While I'm not entirely siding with anyone here, and while I, myself, have taken accutane with no issue.

I'm dealing with a pretty ridiculous reaction right now, to a retinoid...and I only used it TWICE.
I wouldn't have really said anything more if I knew that my reaction:damage was temporary...but through all that I have researched and through all the people I've contacted going through the same phenomenon, I have yet to find someone who recovered..even years down the line.
It's very scary and I'm sure if a topical form of vitamin a can cause this type of thing, then certainly the most controversial skin care drug, oral vitamin a (tane)can.
It just goes to show that we have an innate ignorance to "other people's problems", until we experience them ourselves.
I've never even had to be on an acne or skin related site until now and I can tell you, that 2 months ago, If I had come across some of the things I see here now, I probably would have also had a lot more suspicion that people were over reacting or that they were doing something else that could have caused their problems.
But I think that most have every right to feel the way they feel..and if we are going to narrow it down to the online community when it comes to percentages...well the ones stated seem way off the marker.
1% sounds way too convenient, even on an international/outside the Internetscale.

Actually I was unable to use retin a or tazorac team after accutane. It caused something called dermatitis, and it didn't do that pre tane. It's bc skin is more sensitive after accutane, and your probably sensitive to vitamin a. It definteltly is not permanent. It happend to be twice bc I tried it again lol. It causes red painful skin and bumps, right? It's basically an allergic reaction. Just wash with dove sensitive skin soap, and literally do nothing else/don't put anything else on skin. And it is a known fact that rare side effects from accutane are less then 1%. I've been to two derms, both very well respected and reviewed, who have treated thousands of people with accutane. They both said only a few patients suffered depression and hair loss, both resolved once medicine was stopped. And only one of those derms had a person get colitis, it was ironically his nurses son. The colitis he said could have been bc that kid was on antibiotics for 4 years.

MemberMember
(@macleod)

Posted : 10/31/2016 10:44 pm

2 hours ago, BrokenPorEcelain said:

That 1% number is actually so funny and ironic because from what I've been reading it is said that 1% or less of adverse events are even reported to the FDA.

http://www.2ndchance.info/onesize4all-Ahmad2003.pdf

So, one can do the math and see even correlating a drug to an adverse event is a feat in itself, which should make people really perk their ears when they see so many bad reviews online, or catch a lawsuit commercial about a particular drug on late night TV. The makers of Accutane are always going to downplay the numbers (<1%), no one opts to put any warnings on their product if they aren't forced to by the FDA. And Roche is culpable of publication bias in their studies, just recently Dr. Ben Goldacre gave a speech about their product 'Tamiflu'.

As for the dermatologists, I don't know how many patients they see on average. I can speak for myself and say after my adverse events I never went back to see the dermatologist that prescribed me it. Am I the only one? I doubt it.

MemberMember
(@pentagon)

Posted : 11/02/2016 11:48 pm

On 10/31/2016 at 5:22 PM, macleod said:

We have completely hijacked this persons thread... The Original Poster asked if there were any accutane success stories out there, which you yourself can't be considered a success since your acne relapsed. I sarcastically made a post, because she insulted the negative stories on here calling them "infections." The truth is that the majority of Accutane treatments are a success, I'd say about 92-93% of them. And I have been here for a while and have talked to many people. There has been at least a hundred of you at one point in time.

I know how arguing semantics works. You don't realize it, but you'll keep regressing, until you have nothing left in your arguments, so you'll then have no choice but to attack the persons character. Bottom line is a lot of us on here are smart, and we know when a drug has caused physiological damage, and we work to solve an issue, because that's what humanity does. My doctors take me very seriously, my lawyers take me seriously, and that's all that matters. I gain nothing by posting online and arguing with you really. Honestly, the best thing you could do for me is take another course.

Sorry for using a term that hurt you so much. I didn't want to harm you any more than the accutane has... Anyways, what I meant was that yes, these forums are in fact bombarded by negative feedback on accutane because people come here to seek advice and be reassured I guess. I have no issues with it because here I am seeking advice also! I just couldn't find any positive posts (I'm new so I was probably not looking in the right places). A simple 'go look at the Accutane reviews' would have done the job my friend. Anyways, you seem like you're very mad from your experience on accutane, I hope you get what you want. p.s. I'm a HE but I think you were acting sarcastic once again.

Cheers bud

MemberMember
(@johnsmith21)

Posted : 11/03/2016 12:32 am

The sarcasm is extra annoying from anyone who is always in the "repairing damaging effects from accutane thread", bc when people comment things in there questioned them, they bug and say "start your own thread" and they comment in your threads lmao

MemberMember
(@macleod)

Posted : 11/03/2016 2:43 am

On 11/3/2016 at 0:48 AM, Pentagon said:
Sorry for using a term that hurt you so much.

hardly anything online at this point. and very little in reality, unfortunately.

but, very mad? you said people were infecting the place, so i messedaround a tad, big deal. And I did recommend a good place to find positive reviews (well mostly) with Youtube, but ya missed that in my passive aggressive "anger" post.

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 11/04/2016 6:31 pm

On October 31, 2016 at 9:12 PM, JohnSmith21 said:
On October 31, 2016 at 8:54 PM, BrokenPorEcelain said:
While I'm not entirely siding  with anyone here, and while I, myself, have taken accutane with no issue.

It's very scary and I'm sure if a topical form of vitamin a can cause this type of thing, then certainly the most controversial skin care drug, oral vitamin a (tane) can.

But  I think that most have every right to feel the way they feel..and if we are going to narrow it down to the online community when it comes to percentages...well the ones stated seem way off the marker. 

1% sounds way too convenient, even on an international/outside the Internet scale. 

Actually I was unable to use retin a or tazorac team after accutane. It caused something called dermatitis, and it didn't do that pre tane. It's bc skin is more sensitive after accutane, and your probably sensitive to vitamin a. It definteltly is not permanent. It happend to be twice bc I tried it again lol. It causes red painful skin and bumps, right? It's basically an allergic reaction. Just wash with dove sensitive skin soap, and literally do nothing else/don't put anything else on skin. And it is a known fact that rare side effects from accutane are less then 1%. I've been to two derms, both very well respected and reviewed, who have treated thousands of people with accutane. They both said only a few patients suffered depression and hair loss, both resolved once medicine was stopped. And only  one of those derms had a person get colitis, it was ironically his nurses son. The colitis he said could have been bc that kid was on antibiotics for 4 years. 

How long did you have the dermatitis for, if I may ask?

I've actually been Off accutane for 4 years.
Never had any issues since until a little over two months ago (end of August) when i decided to use the tazorac.
I wasn't washing my face properly or taking care of that whole routine for about 6 months (Jan-Jun) so I got a few pimples and some build up...but instead of waiting for it to go away while back into my routine, I thought maybe the cream would give it a push.
I was dead wrong.

I did get the red(ish) painful skin..and some bumps..at first I got itchy red bumps and my skin was still relatively normal in color and what not...then I used it a second time because I wasn't connecting the dots and such, next morning I woke up to my face on fire. 
Next few days, the burning got worse, parts of my skin weren't  just reddish, but my entire face was a mottled reddish-yellow instead of its usually white, my entire skin texture had changed to orange peel (to me it looked like I lightly pressed my face into a micro-textured carpet..just not normal for me), I have pin pricks everywhere (this is what I called them because i've never seen my pores visible before..didn't know what they were), lines and shallow indentations appearing out of thin air where I've never even had acne, linear dents in my forehead as if someone stuck the double edge of a book into my face and it just stuck like that, ice pick "scars", shallow areas of skin (like uneven in places), dark circles, marks and things I don't even have a name for, etc etc

I got pulling sensations about 3.5 weeks into this mess and it got so bad I was about to visit the ER.
I had an involuntary urge to take a knife to my skin just to release my eyes, cheeks, and mouth from the tension, I couldn't  open my mouth or even close my eyes all the way to sleep and I had to hang my face parallel to the floor to get any relief (the pulling coming from the outside of my face).
This is the ONLY thing that has subsided somewhat (enough that I don't feel the need to visit the ER)
The burning subsided a bit too but it comes back if I try to do so much as wash my face more than once every 3 days.

My skin feels like mush/mesh..it just doesn't feel or look like skin to me. 

I used to be able to look at my skin with a 10x magnifying mirror and still walk away pleased..now I can't even catch my reflection in a foggy mirror without getting anxious

With over two months passing, going to 3 different derms, trying low dose cortisone cream (big mistake there), and doxycycline, all with no luck..I'm losing hope.

The 3rd derm actually did diagnose me with irritant contact dermatitis and the second time I went there for the doxy, her PA said I had gotten perioral dermatitis on top of it all.
So I'm very interested to know a little more about your two experiences with it...tho with the time line given and me researching dermatitis...I really don't think that's it.
My symptoms add up more with people who have had laser damage..not huge black burns.,but the rest of it. 
Which is freaking me the HELL out considering I only used a cream twice. 
It's like it ate my skin, chewed it up. Idk..it just ain't right 

I wish it was just redness and bumps, I wish it was just acne (which now I have again as result of this happening)...now I'm just sitting here and waiting cuz that's all I can do.

Well THAT, and torturing myself with all the horror stories of this same exact thing never ending for others...I guess I'm still trying to find someone who legitimately healed from my situation. 

Dove soap will annoy the shit out my skin, thanks for the suggestion tho..I HAVE been doing basically nothing tho,like you say..just washing with cerave hydrating cleanser once every 3rd day 
It's the lack of even an ounce of improvement and the continuous appearance of additional knicks and marks that is just so damning.

Im not so sure I trust derms now because even though they've been OKAY/tolerable in the past...this last PA I went to, when she told me I had the perioral dermatitis as well..she also told me I SHOULD and COULD use the steroid cream every day for up to 6 months without side effects...that doesn't sound right to me AT ALL...then I go home and re-look up perioral dermatitis...first thing it says is "MAIN Cause: Steroid Creams/Main Solution: STOP ALL STEROID CREAMS" 
so basically she gave me a completely contradictory treatment plan -_-

Yea..I've heard antibiotics can do some damage in the long term..not surprised...my mothers friend just went on minocycline and she got some side effects..went to the doctor and he said if she had continued using it, it could have killed her...my mother told me she had used a lot of antibiotics and other stuff in the past so maybe that contributed to her inability to handle the minocycline

I'm just not ruling out anything with other people's reactions to things anymore, even if I've had luck with them myself...because this retinoid was such a disaster..and I certainly never expected that..and many others will say the opposite of me regarding retin a, just as many will do with the accutane. 

One man's poison is another man's medicine I guess.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 11/04/2016 7:53 pm

My only side effects are dry lips and some mild joint pain in the gym...thats about it.

I'm so glad I'm on this drug tbh. Been like 7 or 8 weeks and my skin is definitely improving a lot.