Notifications
Clear all

NO LOVE DEEP WEB

MemberMember
(@theschu2334)

Posted : 10/16/2016 10:24 pm

Hey, I've been having a lot of trouble getting a first appointment with a derm and have been researching accutane heavily. Perhaps because I live in a large city derms are more crowded with patients, but regardless the soonest appointment I could find is in about a month. I have moderate to severe acne, I think, with only a few small nodules/cysts. It hasn't been socially debilitating since I'm a teen and these things happen at this age, however, I'm starting to really hit a wall personality wise and I blame the acne for causing me to be so insecure. I'm pretty fed up with benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and acne facial BS that hasn't helped at all, so I've decided to get on accutane and/or other retinoids ASAP. I could order Isotretinoin right now online (I plan to get monthly blood tests to be safe). Is it worth waiting a month to go through legal channels that will be much more expensive or should I dive right in? Thoughts?
P.S.
I am currently on 20mg of fluoxetine (prozac) for depression and am afraid the derm will be hesitant to prescribe heavy stuff on a first visit.

MemberMember
(@zeester)

Posted : 11/01/2016 12:18 am

I don't know if it'd be right one way or another for someone here to tell you what to do in this situation. I had to wait three months to see a dermatologistin the UK when I had severe acne, which was torturous when acne had consumed me to the extent I was thinking about it every conscious moment. I'd constantly be reading about it's success rate or pulling up video logs from people who'd used it and documented their experience; so I know how frustrating it can be.

I'm also of the opinion that Accutane helpsalleviate the symptoms of depression, since acne is very debilitating for many, and worsens/causes it. If you do decide to see the derm, maybe tell them that acne is what's making or amplifying your depression (if that s indeed the case), and that you do very much want to be prescribed Accutane. I'm not familiar with ordering it online, however, so I can't offer any advice there.Either way, good luck with whatever route you decide to take!