Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone else find that Cetaphil cleanser doesn't really work when you wear makeup? I find that everytime I wash my face with it, my foundation never quite completely comes off......... eusa_doh.gif am I just not using enough or what? coz it does say it works well for taking makeup off....hmmm... what have you guys experienced? thanks!

Does anyone else find that Cetaphil cleanser doesn't really work when you wear makeup? I find that everytime I wash my face with it, my foundation never quite completely comes off......... eusa_doh.gif am I just not using enough or what? coz it does say it works well for taking makeup off....hmmm... what have you guys experienced? thanks!

Arya,

Cetahpil Cleanser is very gentle., depending on the type of foundation you use.. it's not really deseigned to remove it... you'll probably need a seperate makeup remover prior to washing you face... I strongly recommend Neutrogena Oil-free Makeup Remover.

If your foundation is more water based... you could try applying your cetaphil and GENTLY massaging it and rinse off... then reapply it and let it sit on your face for about 10 seconds or more... see if that works..... A great way to check if it completely came off is to just rub your face right after when it's wet, with a facial tissue and it should show up if not....

Hope this helps, keep us posted

Jay

I live in Canada and I haven't see Purpose sold here either. This is going to sound strange but Dove for Sensitive Skin works really well on the face. Very gentle but it lathers too and doesn't dry out the skin. Make-up comes off no problem. You can buy it in a four pack for less than 5 bucks and it lasts a long time. Try it out!

in canada i buy Dove sensitive skin cleanser..it's AMAZING...and you can combine it with Baking Soda to make a soft scrub..and it really rinses clean

Use the cetphil LOTION  not the cleanser to take off make up. I use it on all my clients to take off make up and myself. It works great and is hypo allergenic!

When I used to wear more makeup, I used a dual phase makeup remover to remove it. They're silicone based, and are more gentle than surfactant based removers with more makeup removing ability, and less hassle than the cream types (just pour on cotton pad and swipe).

I wash my skin with St. Ives makeup remover & cleanser. I find it to be more gentle and to clean better than cetaphil gentle cleanser. It does do a good job of removing makeup, but still won't be enough if you're wearing industrial strength makeup (such as revlon colorstay).

If you're looking for a gentle cleanser that removes makeup as well, try Nivea Visage's gel cleanser for normal/combination skin. I really like it a lot, I feel like my face is clean after I use it, it isn't harsh, and it gets the makeup off.