Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wza

The next two days are gonna take their toll on me.

Coming back from college for thanksgiving is going to be nerve wrecking for me because the last time I saw everyone in my family my skin was clear...

Tomorrow (thanksgiving) I'm gonna see all my relatives (the white side) who are the type of people who will definately notice my skin but generally won't say anything. I know they'll be looking at me and it's possible that my grandmother will say something in front of everyone at the table (shudder)...

Then, Friday I'm going to see the other side of the family (the asian side). They are without a doubt going to mention something about my skin at the dinner table because they have in the past. It is likely to become the topic of discussion.. (shudder)

I am going to try hard not get defensive if and when they mention something about my skin but I know the second after they do is the second I'm going to want to throw a gun to my head and squeeze. You know that feeling?

why are you worried about relatives? if relatives want to hurt you and want to bring you down just like that, then you have a bigger problem than acne.

If they say something, say (politely) yes, I did notice that! I am working on it, thanks for asking.... please pass the turkey. smile.gif

Don't avoid it, just let them know that (duh) no you didn't not notice it and while thanks for your concern I have it coming under control.... and then gently steer them to the next conversation.

why are you worried about relatives? if relatives want to hurt you and want to bring you down just like that, then you have a bigger problem than acne.

I don't think it's about that at all. It really is about being in a situation where you are the center of attention in a very uncomfortable and maybe embarrasing position.

But hang in there. It'll be ok biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Have a wonderful thanksgiving!

Coming back from college for thanksgiving is going to be nerve wrecking for me because the last time I saw everyone in my family my skin was clear...

Tomorrow (thanksgiving) I'm gonna see all my relatives (the white side) who are the type of people who will definately notice my skin but generally won't say anything.  I know they'll be looking at me and it's possible that my grandmother will say something in front of everyone at the table (shudder)... 

Then, Friday I'm going to see the other side of the family (the asian side).  They are without a doubt going to mention something about my skin at the dinner table because they have in the past.  It is likely to become the topic of discussion..  (shudder)

I am going to try hard not get defensive if and when they mention something about my skin but I know the second after they do is the second I'm going to want to throw a gun to my head and squeeze.  You know that feeling?

You should change something else in your appearance, so they'll focus on that instead. Try multiple chain-linked facial piercings, hair dye, and some wicked-looking cat-eye contacts (unless you already sport a similar style) smile.gif . Then they'll just talk crap about "those crazy college kids" and forget all about your pimples.

user posted image