Notifications
Clear all

20mg of Isotretinoin a day with breakouts??

MemberMember
(@beautygirl103)

Posted : 10/10/2016 12:14 pm

Hi!
I am currently taking Isotretinoin 20 mg a day on my second month. I am using the generic Myorisan but I had a random breakout!! I know my first month I was taking the generic Zenatane 20 mg so I was thinking, maybe I have to switch back to Zenatane? But they are both 20 mg!!! Or maybe I have to go to 30 mg because I became immune to 20 mg? Or is this just a normal thing with Isotretinoin? Is this everything coming to the surface? Like I said, I am in the middle of my second month. Did anyone else experience random breakouts? I had extremely oily skin before isotretinoin and that cleared up right away so that's obviously working. I just need some advice.. Thank you!

MemberMember
(@cosmin-mihai)

Posted : 10/10/2016 4:47 pm

I am 72 days in with isotretinoin 20mg/day and still get breakouts. You will have to wait a bit more i guess But be confident because you don t have oily skin anymore. Time is the key now.

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 10/10/2016 7:27 pm

I am finishing month one 20 mg Accutane and I have heard it won't clear completely until month 4-6 or longer.
I think I may get my dose upped however.

MemberMember
(@cosmin-mihai)

Posted : 10/11/2016 12:36 am

Not true. Studies show that 20 mg is as effective as a higher dose. The only problem is that is a small precentage that it will come back at lower doses But don t panic.. It s only in severe cases. And don t risk side efects of a higher dose , they can be brutal.

MemberMember
(@backz)

Posted : 10/11/2016 7:46 am

Im on 16th week of 10mg and i still get breakout.. I don't even know when it will stop..zzz

MemberMember
(@cosmin-mihai)

Posted : 10/11/2016 10:28 am

Well.. 10 mg might be a very low dose. Maybe your acne is more severe than your doctor thought when he prescribed 10 mg.

MemberMember
(@backz)

Posted : 10/12/2016 2:01 am

15 hours ago, Cosmin mihai said:

Well.. 10 mg might be a very low dose. Maybe your acne is more severe than your doctor thought when he prescribed 10 mg.

that's what i thought too but doc is Singapore normally prescribe just 10mg for all cases.
So 10mg might not even work?

MemberMember
(@cosmin-mihai)

Posted : 10/12/2016 12:06 pm

I m from romania and mostly they prescribe 20 mg. Try talk with the derm and see what he says. For me 20 mg seems to do the job slowly But painful. Do you use any topicals ? At 10 mg if you don t have very sensitive skin you could use some.

10 hours ago, Backz said:
that's what i thought too but doc is Singapore normally prescribe just 10mg for all cases.
Backz liked
MemberMember
(@lufb)

Posted : 10/13/2016 1:30 am

23 hours ago, Backz said:

Hi,Im from Malaysia.Im also currently on low dosage 20mg for two days.Im still break out after I had been two months on doxycycline and differin.I got a tons of close comedons on my right cheek after one and a half month on differin.Im now only on my first week....Im currently break out some small pimple ...that nothing much bother but...Im break our my right cheek ...My doctor advised me to pop them when they re ready...Im not dare to pick ...Im still currently waiting for my blackhead clip ....Im bought it online...Nice to meet u..

MemberMember
(@backz)

Posted : 10/13/2016 4:06 am

2 hours ago, Lufb said:
On 12/10/2016 at 3:01 PM, Backz said:

Hi,Im from Malaysia.Im also currently on low dosage 20mg for two days.Im still break out after I had been two months on doxycycline and differin.I got a tons of close comedons on my right cheek after one and a half month on differin.Im now only on my first week....Im currently break out some small pimple ...that nothing much bother but...Im break our my right cheek ...My doctor advised me to pop them when they re ready...Im not dare to pick ...Im still currently waiting for my blackhead clip ....Im bought it online...Nice to meet u..

hi there, nice meeting you too! Doc advice to pop it?? Mine asked me not to even touch it but im still guilty of popping quite abit.

Lufb liked
MemberMember
(@lufb)

Posted : 10/14/2016 4:39 am

Not sure what happen...I had been reply for few times ..but it just didn't show up...urgh...Nice to meet you....Im curious about why she asked me to do that too..But I had been breaking out so badly before I met her ..Im on my third derm that times..He asked me not to pop them so I didn't....Im not sure wat medicine he gave until all my cystic acne gone eventually within two weeks....One month after that,I broke out again...Then ,I went to another derm....which is my current doctor....I wonder how accutane work on you.As i know,your dosage even lower than mine..My dosage is 80mg per week....