Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UniqueHold

What type of acne do I have and how can I treat it?

I'n not sure exactly what type of acne I have but I think it's severe. I've been using many otc products which probably made it worse and would like to start over. What type of acne do I have and how can I treat it?

Face Pic(3)10816.jpg

It looks like clogged pores (comedones acne) & cystic acne around the jawline. I have that also. What is your current skincare? & supplements? prescriptions? dairy? do you drink water? tea? sugary drinks?
Okay I just read on your other post. I think you should stop using spin brush. because it is harmful to your acne skin and it can cause more acne b/c it is irritated. Maybe try using gentle face wash with benzoyl peroxide. Like gentle skin cetaphil face wash. or Cearve the foaming facial cleanser ( I am currently using). Start off using a small dosage of benzoyl peroxide. I had much more acne than you, & what helped me was giving up on spicy food, small amount of dairy, No coffee or tea because I realized that coffee and green tea caused my acne. Don't use a face wash with microbeads I did that while having acne it just made it 100x worse. Use sunscreen ( neutrogen or olay complete all day moisturizer spf 15 which i am using currently. ) What really helped me cure my acne is that my parents made me drink herbal medicine! it tasted horrible but I was glad that I did drink it! because my acne was cure within inside out. Plus now I exercise 3 to 6 times a week and drink about 3 to 4 Liters of water. And I am currently taking herbal medicine that detoxify my blood to keep me clear and help with scarring.

Edited by WoahShay

Okay I will stop using the neutrogena blackhead eliminator soap as well as the electric brush. I will also stop using solodyn antibiotic, acanya and epiduo cream as I don't believe it's working for me. What do you think about me using nip and fab glycolic acid exfoliate cleansing instead? It's only 2% percent which should be safe for daily use and has no microbeads. Also how about aloe vera as a moisturizer? My current regemin is nip and fab glycolic acid exfoliate cleansing, 2.5 percent benzoyl peroxide neutrogena rapid clear daily leave on mask then aloe vera 99 percent gelly moisturizer morning and nights? What do you think about it? Also what is your idea on accutane? How long did it take for you to get rid of all your acne? Thanks

I don't know if you've been to a Dermatologist yet, but I'd say it's probably time. I am SURE that it is painful, physically and mentally.
I recommend you go see a doctor, as they can give you some great advice.

Also it looks like lots of scarring which they know how to deal with.

Good luck :)

On 10/9/2016 at 9:10 AM, UniqueHold said:

Okay I will stop using the neutrogena blackhead eliminator soap as well as the electric brush. I will also stop using solodyn antibiotic, acanya and epiduo cream as I don't believe it's working for me. What do you think about me using nip and fab glycolic acid exfoliate cleansing instead? It's only 2% percent which should be safe for daily use and has no microbeads. Also how about aloe vera as a moisturizer? My current regemin is nip and fab glycolic acid exfoliate cleansing, 2.5 percent benzoyl peroxide neutrogena rapid clear daily leave on mask then aloe vera 99 percent gelly moisturizer morning and nights? What do you think about it? Also what is your idea on accutane? How long did it take for you to get rid of all your acne? Thanks

Sorry for the late reply somehow it didn't show me that I got a notification. Okay so let me ask you do you feel like the nip and fab glycolic acid exfoliate cleansing is helping you? If you are using BP then I recommend you to only use gentle cleanser. But you said the 2.5% BP you're using is a mask? or a gel to put on your face? For moisturizer I did hear good stuff about aloe vera but never personally try it. I am currently using neutrogena Hydroboost water gel it's in a blue container. Accutane? Ummmm it helped most people but also at the same time your acne can come back. But I heard bad side effects to it. So i never ever considered accutane. I took HERBAL Medicine it's a liquid for about 2 months and my acne just cleared naturally. So now I barely have acne. just maybe one or two. my scars are also healing.  What I used during this time was Morning: Cerave cleanser & olay spf 15 sunscreen
Evening: Cerave cleanser & neutrogena hydroboost water gel and then I used clindamycin phosphate 1% lotion. http://www.livescience.com/42400-clindamycin-uses-side-effects.html this helped me a lot! if you have a family doctor just ask them if they can prescribe it to you. No side effects!. It doesn't burn or itch! It said use twice a day but I only use it at night. Any other question let me know. Edited by WoahShay

First off, I agree with WoahShay about cleansing your body from the inside out, something a lot of people overlook.  Drink lots of water and limit the amount of dairy/sugar/processed food you eat (you don't have to completely stop, just reduce the amount significantly).  I would also recommend taking a probiotic to help your gut health--this helped me tremendously when I had cystic acne.

Be careful with scrubs/toners/washes or anything too drying for your skin.  Dry skin is a breeding ground for acne.  Also make sure your MOISTURIZE, I also use Neutragena SPF 15 moisturizing lotion in the AM and Organic Coconut oil in the PM.

I also tried Accutane, and it worked great for about 2 years, then my acne came back.  But before you ask you Dermatologist about Accutane, you should do a thorough study of your body and try to figure out your acne triggers.  Mine was my gut health--once I modified my diet my acne resolved.

How would I know what is causing my acne? My father also has a serious case of acne, so does my sister. Does that mean its hormonal? I feel like my acne marks are getting lighter so I think the nip and fab glycolic acid exfoliate cleansing is helping me. Either that or the benzoyl peroxide cream or aloe vera gel. I drink plenty of water and just started drinking 2 cups of herbal tea everyday. I've also been spending 20 minutes 3 to 4 times a day in the steam room so that also might have helped. I only want to take probiotics if it is necessary because I read a forum on this site many people broke out from using it. If I have to take it what brand would you recommend I choose?