Notifications
Clear all

redness from BP

MemberMember
(@phoenixx1013)

Posted : 10/06/2016 6:17 pm

I've been using the BP treatment for about 6 weeks now in the morning only - due to the fact that I use tretinoin cream at night. Because of the BP, my skin is incredibly red. I've been using a thick moisturizer with plenty of jojoba oil.

To anyone who has been on the regimen a long time, does the redness completely subside? or will it just be a side effect I'll have to deal with?

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/07/2016 8:41 am

14 hours ago, phoenixx1013 said:

I've been using the BP treatment for about 6 weeks now in the morning only - due to the fact that I use tretinoin cream at night. Because of the BP, my skin is incredibly red. I've been using a thick moisturizer with plenty of jojoba oil. 

To anyone who has been on the regimen a long time, does the redness completely subside? or will it just be a side effect I'll have to deal with?

Yes, for most people the redness does eventually subside completely, so good news! |

BTW your Regimen sounds great! If you can get away with BP only once a day, a daily dose of tretinoin at night is a great secondary treatment for purging blackheads, whiteheads, and keeping pores open and clog-free, and a great complement to BP which kills p.acnes and prevents future breakouts. We tried reducing BP treatments to once a day for my son to incorporate the tretinoin at night, but unfortunately he really needed to reapply BP every 12 hours to keep up with p.acnes.

TIP: if you do find you need 2 daily BP treatments to stay clear, you can try throwing a thin layer of tretinoin over the top of your nighttime BP and moisturizer. Wait at least an hour after applying the moisturizer! It's a pain in the butt, but we found having a moisturizer layer as a buffer also really helped with the redness, and the tretinoin was still pretty effective...even at .05% it's potent stuff. This was how we managed to incorporate tretinoin into my son's Regimen and it worked well for him.

Hope this is helpful!