Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Indoobidubly

White scar treatment?

This is not acne related, but I hope someone here can help me out

I have a white scar on my leg from a rock-climbing fall a few years ago.

As I said it's white, with brownish skin around it, and it's kinda raised (it's flattened slightly on it's own over the last few years).

Besides surgery, what would be the best course of action for treating this? Should I try one of those silicone scar sheets? Or Mederma? (Or both at the same time?)

ANY advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

As I said it's white, with brownish skin around it, and it's kinda raised (it's flattened slightly on it's own over the last few years).

Besides surgery, what would be the best course of action for treating this? Should I try one of those silicone scar sheets? Or Mederma? (Or both at the same time?)

Thanks.

Hi, like Sam said, there are some lasers that plastic surgeons and derms can use to help increase pigment. You could also go to a permanent makeup technician. They basically tattoo your skin to duplicate your natural skin color.

Thanks.

This kind of scar can be treated sucsessfully with needling. Whenever anyone comes to me with hopes of doing scar cammouflage on a raised or hypo pigmented area, I will always do a needling treatment first to see if we can get the skin to naturally repigment itself before I ever put pigment into the skin. What I do is a treatment on the area and then heve you get ten minutes of UV exposure 2 weeks after the treatment. By needling through the hypopigmented area it allows the melanocytes which produce the melanin to come back into the area to repigment itself. Then I will take a look at the tissue after one month. Most of the time I don't need to apply pigment. Also the raised can be treated to break through the collagen and elastin to flatten it out.