Notifications
Clear all

Davin Lim's new video bashing Fraxel

MemberMember
(@somethingsomethingagain)

Posted : 10/05/2016 9:07 am

Hi!

I'd like to start by saying how interesting it is that some people just enjoy destroying good things. The mood in this board has its ups and downs but it's never been this shitty. A couple of users went out of their way to alienate our fellow user beautifulambition who was a great member of this community, always had an answer to everyone's problems (even if it wasn't the answer they wanted, myself included) and then just disappeared, adding absolutely nothing of value.

Anyway, I felt since some people in this forum have tried Fraxel they may want to discuss their experiences upon watching the video:

[Edited link out]

Cheers

beautifulambition, Yola4, DeLovely and 4 people liked
MemberMember
(@keeping_up)

Posted : 10/05/2016 5:59 pm

Had it done two weeks ago. Already helped with smoothing everything out. Skin looks more even and healthy. Shallow scars are fading. Also had discoloration which is now gone. Helps reduce enlarged porres. Had it done by a hospital for 240 euro. The doctor told me she has treatedhundreds of patients without complaint of skin damage. Also was a lot less painfull then co2 laser and 3 to 4 days downtime. Had resurfx fractional. Going for another 2 sessions.

For me it feels safe in her hands and with the dept of laser. I have read a lot of horror stories on realself and advice against it on acne.org i am not sure why. One thing i am still wondering is if it helps close deeper scars. It probably isnt effective on deep scars. Will have to wait a few sessions.

Having said this every skin is different. I think fractional can be a great tool. If used the right way. And for certain types of scar. Helps by rough skin texture will wait and see the next few treatments i am not going any more agressive then it is now.

I agree it is much more effective then skin needeling. Less effective then co2. Only co2 is a treatment which i didn't need and co2 is a lot more painfull and the aftercare and flaking swelling downtime overal experience is much more intens.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 10/05/2016 8:31 pm

I hope BA comes back. If the admins dont have his IP linked to the fake account he shouldnt be held responsible imo.

Fraxel was okay for me. It did help but I always say it's over priced and over hyped. I would do another round but not for 1000 a pop.

MemberMember
(@perservering)

Posted : 10/06/2016 2:54 am

BA contributed so much valuable information to this community. He was so selfless and encouraging. It's a travesty some narcissistic posters caused him to abandon this forum.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 10/06/2016 10:30 am

7 hours ago, Perservering said:

BA contributed so much valuable information to this community. He was so selfless and encouraging. It's a travesty some narcissistic posters caused him to abandon this forum.

This is obviously targeted at me. I did nothing to start trouble with BA. I was posting in my own thread about my treatment/scar problems and frustrations, minding my own business, and somebody decided to hijack the thread to harass me, I don't know who did it and would never have mentioned BA's namehad the moderator not involved him.

But why is BA punishing you all by deleting old suggestions and content he posted before this incident went down? His beef is with the Mods and me, not you all. That is childish and immature, not selfless.

As far as the Davin Limvideo goes, I think it is a basically a 12 min long video to promote Infini microneedling, his latest toy. I do not trust Davin Lim.

I have not seen any positive reviews about Infini, but I have seen them for Fraxel. But I have also seen horror stories for fraxel too.

Im schedule to get fraxel repair in a few weeks for my scar and I'm scared shitless TBH. But I've chatted with a few people online that have said multiple sessions of fraxel have helped theirscars.

scarsfade liked
MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 10/07/2016 1:29 pm

Hey everyone, just to clear up some confusion here, Davin Lim is talking about Fraxel, not about fractionated lasers. Fraxel is a brand that produces different lasers. Fractional laser is a method in which you treat only fractions of the skin. If you listen closely, Davin Lim is not a fan of lasers produced by the brand Fraxel for acne scars, but he still is a fan of the fractionated method.

MemberMember
(@scarsfade)

Posted : 10/11/2016 12:32 am

Wow didn't expect to see this. Sorry you went through that scarredandsad. Anyone who thinks BA didn't deserve to be demoted clearly didn't notice him harrassing people, lying, deleting entire threads, deleting posts even by other moderators, creating fake profiles etc. I'm sure it's possible for someone to post helpful information without being a jacka$$.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 10/11/2016 2:42 am

I didn't see him do anyof those things other than deleting threads which were out of control. He shouldn't have gotten involved in the bickering, but I don't think he ever crossed the line of harassment.

It doesn't look like he's coming back though. I don't understand why he cares about his modship at this little old place so much.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@scarsfade)

Posted : 10/11/2016 11:40 am

Well he did all of those things.Yes it's strange.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/12/2016 12:47 pm

@somethingsomethingagain @QuanHenry @DeLovely @Yola4, @malia02 @Bollundus @Perservering 

I want to thank you all for your kind words and likes. They mean so much to me. It is a pleasure serving you, because I completely understand what your going through.  ;P

Feel free to private message me, and well see if I can help you or we can have a chat. |

BA

Yola4 and DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/12/2016 2:16 pm

1 hour ago, beautifulambition said:

@somethingsomethingagain @QuanHenry @DeLovely @Yola4, @malia02 @Bollundus @Perservering 

I want to thank you all for your kind words and likes. They mean so much to me. It is a pleasure serving you, because I completely understand what your going through.  ;P

Feel free to private message me, and well see if I can help you or we can have a chat. |

BA

Thanks for giving the Org and those who appreciate you another chance! :)