Notifications
Clear all

Scarring Effects of Cyst?

MemberMember
(@peterso2)

Posted : 10/04/2016 6:57 pm

Hi All,
I've had some moderate acne my entire life...cysts in the past and generally this stuff heals on its own. About 7 weeks ago I had a major cyst on my nose. I tried to drain it before it was ready and (i know) ended up breaking the skin. The redness went down and it scabbed, but once that was removed, the healing looks like a layer of the outer skin has disappeared and I have a  redness that will not go away. It's been 6 weeks and I don't see much improvement. The dermatologists around here are booked out until January..seems pretty ridiculous. If this wasn't on the point of my nose, I probably honestly wouldn't really care, however its so visible. Do you think I should just keep playing the waiting game? I apply visine every day and it helps with the redness, but I am scarred and think this time I'm going to be left with a massive scar. Any thoughts from the community? Should I keep just waiting, try lightening creams? Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated

unnamed (1).jpg

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 10/04/2016 8:58 pm

Truthfully it does not look like you have a scar, but more likely post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or post inflammatoryerythema, which is only temporary. I get these on occasion, just like most people, and they can last for a few weeks to a few months. I would just consider moisturizing it a lot to help aid in healing, but I doubt this will be permanent. If you are very concerned about it a vbeam or excel V laser will take care of it right away, butI think it will be temporary for you

MemberMember
(@peterso2)

Posted : 10/04/2016 9:32 pm

Thanks for response.. I guess I'm concerned that after 6 weeks its not looking much better..was hoping fade creams might help. You think a derm visit is in order?

MemberMember
(@peterso2)

Posted : 01/08/2017 8:58 pm

All,
I wanted to post an update. About 5 months ago I received this Cyst, its never healed properly. You can still notice it, when you soak your face in warm water it really pops out. Is there any fading opportunity here? I talked to a doctor about Acne and she didnt see anything really, I made a mention about my mark and I was hustled out of there with some general drying creme which I never received. Waste of $100 Dollars. Anyways, I'm most concerned about the mark, should I consider V beam therapy? It's never healing properly and its right on the middle of my nose...in the worst spot. I've come to grips with ti and moved on but am wondering what options I should have? Doctors don't really seem to care.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/09/2017 2:18 am

Please click on the below link for the FAQ, goto the section Skin: red and the talk on PIE and PIH. It discusses this. If it turns white when you press on it then it's PIE, if It stays the same color when pressed on it's PIH. PIE get a vbeam treatment, a laser that only works on reds. PIH, you need skin bleaching cream or retin A.

MemberMember
(@peterso2)

Posted : 03/27/2017 1:50 pm

Thanks - I'm thinking about going to a dermatologist. I recently got 2 more deep cysts and its been a few weeks now. They seem to heal but they leave this red mark on the skin that doesn't go away. Should I be seeing a dermatologist about these? I have no idea what to do. I picked softly at once and the other one left alone and they both left 1 mark. It's been about 1 month. A similar cyst on my nose of 7 months ago left the same mark.  I never used to get these when I was younger. It's rather frustrating to go out in public and demoralizing. Any help would be appreciated. I went to a dermatologist 2 months ago but she was unable to provide feed back (my face was mostly clear then). She just gave me some skin drying treatment. I'm planning on going to see a different doctor. Any help from the forum would appreciated 🙁

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t376/jason_peterson2/Jason Pictures/20170327_131730_zpsz1m8hdfz.jpg

20170327_131730.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/28/2017 1:20 am

I will move this to Hyper-pigmentation because that is what this really is not scarring. I think this is PIH if you press on them and they do not go away. As such your pigment is scarring after cysts and you are prone to do so. If you ask why it could be diet, genetics, stress, environment, sleep, health, or medications. Some darker skinned individuals and extremely light skinned people also deal with this. Are you trying retin a cream which is vitamin A or a skin bleaching cream like hydroquinone. Some use vascular laser for veins and pigment for these marks. See a different derm if you wish.