Notifications
Clear all

Forehead acne - I've given up.

MemberMember
(@samanahenry)

Posted : 10/03/2016 10:56 pm

I've had forehead acne for three years now, but it's never been this bad. I've literally tried EVERYTHING: salycic acid, benzoyl peroxide, tea tree oil, Epiduo, witch hazel, organic apple cider, clay masks-nothing has worked. Three days ago I got the Nizoral shampoo and have been using it twice a day, but I haven't seen any significant improvements so far. I'm giving it a week to see any change, so if nothing happens, then I've officially lost all hope. I'm 16 btw. I've always had forehead acne that wasn't normal "everyday" acne but acne in the form of super tiny bumps you can't see unless you're in a certain light. The rest of my face is acne and bump-free, so I really don't get what's going on. There isn't a single clear spot on my forehead. Every spot I touch has some kind of bump and makeup doesn't help at all. Someone please help.

IMG_4315.JPG

IMG_4316.JPG

MemberMember
(@eyeback)

Posted : 10/04/2016 11:06 am

Have you tied retin-a ? I also have acne only on my forehead and it cleared everything even the big cysts . It take times but it work. Retin a micro 4%

OT1 and DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 10/04/2016 11:39 am

You really need to go to the derm and get a prescription strength topical cream, as the above poster suggested. It looks like you've tried a lot of over-the-counter & natural treatments but if they haven't been working the derm should be your next move.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 10/04/2016 1:00 pm

Under the skin pimples are closed comedones. They're tiny clogged pores, like whiteheads that have not yet come to a head. It's difficult to get rid of them completely unless you use an exfoliant, AHA/BHA gel or in some cases,a retinoid. Personally I found Retin A Micro to be so incredibly strong for my sensitive skin that it caused more acne. Differin is similar but much gentler than Retin A or Retin A Micro.

Acne on the forehead is usually indicative of two things: a, you're having a reaction to a cleanser or a product, especially if the product is thick, creamy or contains pore clogging ingredients like Sodium Lauryl Sulfate [found unfortunately in many different shampoos, cleansers, etc.], or, you have a food intolerance and it's manifesting on your forehead. It could be both. I believe something you're using is definitely contributing to the problem, since I only developed the same under the skin bumps you can see in a certain light (acne cosmetica) after using a bad foundation.

A dermatologist can clarify this for you. I wish you the best of luck.