Notifications
Clear all

How bad is my acne (pics)

MemberMember
(@starr98)

Posted : 10/03/2016 9:49 am

So I've had acne for about 3 years now, I'm almost 19. I'm quite fed up with it. It completely ruined my high-school life because I could see picking looking all over my face when I was talking to them and it felt bad. I tried a whole bunch of home remedies but nothing. I finally decided to see my gp and she gave me doxycycline which has no results and now tetrinoin which isn't doing much. No one in my entire family has had acne. My siblings and parents are all clean. My uncle however, had sever cystic acne as a kid which ruined his face to this day. I'm scared if I wait too long I'll end up like that. Should I ask my doc to refer me to a dermatologist for accutane. I'm wasting my life hiding indoors with family members telling my face is fine when they don't even know what I'm going through.
It looks okay here because of the lighting, but it's pretty bad. I think moderate to severe.
http://m.imgur.com/8GcZPSw,R8BWJN1,CyG539M,CUePbyO,pJNqYAy

MemberMember
(@starr98)

Posted : 10/03/2016 11:44 am

Any help plz

MemberMember
(@kenharrison)

Posted : 10/03/2016 12:22 pm

Kinda just like mine , but to most people its not bad but in our own eyes its bad enough but ill say between 1- 10 5

MemberMember
(@zeester)

Posted : 10/03/2016 12:43 pm

From what I can see I'd say it's mild/moderate, but it doesn't look severe. I can empathise with how frustrating it is to go through a host of antibiotics that have no effect, and I hope you find something that works for you soon. Accutane may be an option if nothing else is working, and whilst it does have it's side effects, it's certainly very effective. I've taken accutane in the past, and although it cleared me completely, my acne eventually came back. Have you tried Benzoyl Peroxide yet? I've tried antibiotics and other topical creams and it's the only one that worked for me permanently. It's the stuff in the acne.org regimen, but I'm using another over-the-counter brand since I'm from the UK. If you're interested in trying it before accutaneI have the information in my personal log or feel free to private message me.

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@starr98)

Posted : 10/03/2016 3:24 pm

2 hours ago, Zeester said:

From what I can see I'd say it's mild/moderate, but it doesn't look severe. I can empathise with how frustrating it is to go through a host of antibiotics that have no effect, and I hope you find something that works for you soon. Accutane may be an option if nothing else is working, and whilst it does have it's side effects, it's certainly very effective. I've taken accutane in the past, and although it cleared me completely, my acne eventually came back. Have you tried Benzoyl Peroxide yet? I've tried antibiotics and other topical creams and it's the only one that worked for me permanently. It's the stuff in the acne.org regimen, but I'm using another over-the-counter brand since I'm from the UK. If you're interested in trying it before accutaneI have the information in my personal log or feel free to private message me.

i was prescribed benzoyl peroxide, but my insurance didn't cover it or offer co copay. I will switching insurance soon, so I should be trying benzoyl peroxide soon enough. It just makes me feel so insecure when I can see people eyeballing all over my face when talking to me.