Notifications
Clear all

Update

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 09/30/2016 10:56 pm

So I went to a new derm today. Dr recommended subcision followed by fraxel repair in several weeks. We may do multiple treatments of either one. Dr did the subcision today. Dr said I could expect up to 50% improvement.

i know that the instant results are supposedly temporary due to swelling, etc., but I can honestly say that my scar looks better from this single subcision than any other treatment I've had so far. Bruising and needlemarks are minimal.

What at is the suctioning method, how is it done, and what do I need to do it?

MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 10/01/2016 5:00 pm

Here is the article. http://www.owndoc.com/pdf/therapy-in-treatment-of-atrophic-acne-scars.pdf

People are using various devices, Chinese cupping set, wasp/snake venom extractor, vacuum, to accomplish the suction. Basically the idea is to keep the skin separated for a prolonged period of time so that more tissue will fill the subcised area, thus raising the scar more.

Good luck, hope this treatment gets you some improvement. Be prepared for some of the results to diminish over the coming weeks.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 10/01/2016 6:09 pm

1 hour ago, PCT14 said:

Here is the article.  http://www.owndoc.com/pdf/therapy-in-treatment-of-atrophic-acne-scars.pdf

People are using various devices, Chinese cupping set, wasp/snake venom extractor, vacuum, to accomplish the suction. Basically the idea is to keep the skin separated for a prolonged period of time so that more tissue will fill the subcised area, thus raising the scar more.

Good luck, hope this treatment gets you some improvement. Be prepared for some of the results to diminish over the coming weeks.

Thanks. Yeah, I can tell it's already losing some of its plumpness and sinking back down :( i guess I'll try the suctioning. How aggressive do you do it? Is there a risk of making things worse?

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 10/02/2016 12:42 am

I hope your treatment works for you! Even if it has sunk down slightly just try and think that even if it has only improved slightly it is one step closer to improving a lot!

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 10/10/2016 2:18 pm

Well after a week, the scar has completely returned to its pre-subcised state. im afraid this is yet another failure, unless it is normal for a scar to sink back down completely, before new collagen forms?

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 10/10/2016 2:49 pm

And after further analyzing my scar, I think scar exicision surgery made it worse. It has now been a full year since my surgery, and the scar is the same width, jagged shape, and depression as before the surgery. But now it is slightly longer.

MemberMember
(@user568357)

Posted : 11/28/2016 1:38 am

On 10/1/2016 at 6:00 PM, PCT14 said:

Here is the article. http://www.owndoc.com/pdf/therapy-in-treatment-of-atrophic-acne-scars.pdf

I wonder if you'd need suctioning if there are fat graft stem cells under there after the subcision. The fat is in between the scars and rest of the tissue underneath. Look up Dr Richard Sadove. He has been doing it for over 20 years in Europe and the US. Unfortunately, not much information on this procedure is on the internet. He is the only one that told me about the fat grafting with subcision out of all these years of battling with this.