Notifications
Clear all

What would you do if you woke up one day with beautiful perfect clear skin?

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 09/30/2016 6:55 am

I know full well that I shouldn't, but I've let acne completely take over and limit my life since I was 13 years old. I miss out on so much that I want to do because of my skin. Often I can't even make myself leave the house and I'm very socially isolated and depressed and can't help but think of all the things I would do if I had beautiful normal clear skin like everyone around me seems to have.

So what would you do if one day you woke up with perfect clear skin and never got acne again? I'll start with my top things:

Go out without makeup on!
Go swimming in the sea and at local pools
Walk around outside in the rain with no umbrella to feel the rain on my face
Go on holidays
Leave the house early and get back late
Spend entire days at the stables
Stay over at friends' houses
Go backpacking
Go camping
Do more sport
Go to every social event I'm invited to
Eat chocolate and pizza and cheese

MemberMember
(@stephanysiavichay123gmail-com)

Posted : 09/30/2016 7:03 am

Look people in the eye
Go out more
Go to party's
Go to school with out feel embarrassed
Stop bring foundation with me every where I go
Go to the beach
Join a club at school
Literally do everything a normal person does

MemberMember
(@harleyz)

Posted : 09/30/2016 11:07 am

LOOK PEOPLE IN THE EYE
smile at guys i find attractive
walk in the rain without an umbrella
change my hair color from pitch black to whatever color i want and feel pretty
take tons of pictures with friends

just ordinary things that ordinary pretty girls would do i guess. i never considered myself ugly before i developed acne. sigh.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 10/02/2016 8:03 am

Honestly, live life to the fullest. Never again will I take life for granted. Living with limitations set on yourself is hell, literally. After my acne clears up (hopefully accutane does it permanently), thats how I plan to live life.

I'd still do all the things I do right now except now I won't have to be thinking about my skin so often

Blue83 liked
MemberMember
(@brucewayneisbatman)

Posted : 10/06/2016 1:45 pm

Tell everyone that there is hope for everything and everyone and do all things that I do now.... Live life without any limits and not become shy of going out and come out of my house more often..... And tell everyone that what's inside matters, not the outer appearance..... Looks can be deceptive. :)

MemberMember
(@gentlesoul)

Posted : 10/28/2016 8:49 pm

I would ditch all my acne medications; continue to treat my skin like gold as I do now; feel free to look people in the eyes (I'm shy but clear skin would boost my self-confidence); feel the freedom from the nuisance and stress of maintaining my skin for so many years; and pray that my skin would remain clear. But clear skin isn't enough. I have some mild scarring that I wish I could address. But I'd be on cloud 9.

Blue83 liked
MemberMember
(@blip)

Posted : 11/02/2016 8:29 pm

Dance around with joy, first of all
Wear my hair UP and show my face
Hold my head UP
Wear tank tops
Go out and play music on stage

MemberMember
(@bellacat)

Posted : 11/03/2016 7:20 pm

get my life together 
hang out with my friends
not hide behind make up
go to parties and festivals 
love myself truly and freely 
:/ 

MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 11/03/2016 8:37 pm

1. Socialize more, take pictures more, go to party more.
2. Go to this forum, create a mega thread, make some video to inspire, help & instruct other people who are the same as (the old) me on their clear skin journey.
3. Live life to the fullest.
4. Enjoy a few spicy things and dairy products (not too many). Because I am jealous with my friends who can eat junk food and still have clear skin
5. Sexually active (Everytime I masturbate, acne army invade my face :()
6. Use my mental resource to do other useful things (I don't have to be worry about acne & figure out why today new pimples pop up on my face)
and the list go on forever.
The bottom line, if acne is not a problem to me, nothing is impossible.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/05/2016 8:50 am

I would never wear foundation again.
I would take more pictures of myself with friends.
I would start actively dating.
I would be more confident.
I would re-connect with old friends.

This list kinda makes me sad.

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 11/06/2016 1:57 pm

Put foundation on a nice even textured skin, how amazing would that feel just gliding on super smooth and not cakey ;D
Take more photos than the two or three I have now haha
Go out and not worry about what people think
Act like I was 18 again
Just enjoy life in general and still be the nice person I think I am, would certainly never ever judge anyone else on their skin regardless of how perfect mine would be.

MemberMember
(@mtass1604)

Posted : 11/06/2016 4:19 pm

Even tho I'm pretty young I would finally feel free and feel like a giant boulder would be lifted off my shoulders. I would be able to take pictures with people and not get really upset when I see how ugly I look. I would be able to eat what I want without worrying about the effects on my skin and I would be able to not feel embarrassed to look people in the eye because I have to cover up my acne with some stuff that's not even for me and I used it for a while untill someone noticed it in my face and now I try to not use it but my face looks gross. I could feel comfortable around my family and feel nice looking cus even tho people say my acne is not bad at all it's still bothers me because I don't want any acne on my face
Bottom line I would be soo much happier

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 11/16/2016 1:14 pm

Since I stopped eating anything sweet because of my acne first thing I would do is go buy some doughnuts for breakfast, and make a super gooey cake for dessert. And eat some of the Indian sweets I used to be crazy about. I can feel myself drooling just typing. 🙂