Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Loveless

Doxycycline/Oxytetracycline/Minocycline

My skin is now totally resistant to Doxycycline. Does that mean that it would be resistant to Oxytetracycline and Minocycline too?

Thanks.

As a teenager, tetracycline cleared me up pretty good a couple of times. I'm 25 now, and on the contrary, I took Doxycycline about a year ago for like 3 months with ABSOLUTELY no results. If anything, my skin looked worse. I then started Dan's regimen and it cleared me up nicely. Now I'm hoping to find something I can do that's a little bit less of a hassle than Dan's reg. that'll still keep me clear.

As a teenager, tetracycline cleared me up pretty good a couple of times.  I'm 25 now, and on the contrary, I took Doxycycline about a year ago for like 3 months with ABSOLUTELY no results.  If anything, my skin looked worse.  I then started Dan's regimen and it cleared me up nicely.  Now I'm hoping to find something I can do that's a little bit less of a hassle than Dan's reg. that'll still keep me clear.

So do you think trying something like Oxytetracycline would be a waste of time?

So do you think trying something like Oxytetracycline would be a waste of time?

No, I was saying that it actually worked for me, but Doxy didn't. It would definitely be worth a try at least, in my opinion. Wait and see if more people respond though to this post though - there's others on this board that know much more about antibiotics than I do. Good luck to you.

you should try other antibiotics, resistance to one doesn't translate into resistance to another. I cleared on minocycline, became resistant, and then cleared again on doxycycline. Now I've gone through them all, but they did both work for a time. Good luck!

From personal experience Oxytetracycline doesn’t work don’t waste your time with it unless your acne is very mild.

I hadn’t taken any drugs before Oxytetracycline so I couldn’t of built up a resistance.

-Roddy

p.s good luck!

I'm under the impression that they are in the same family, meaning a resistance to one would mean a resistance to all of them.

Once Mino stopped working i tried Doxy and got no results.