Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roddy

All the time in the world.

Hi everyone, I’ve been here for ages but never posted before (if you ever look to see whose online I’m sure you’d see me!) ninja.gif

Anyways just thought I’d come out the shadows and have a bit of a rant.

I’ve suffered from acne for just over 2 years and been to the doctors so many times I’ve lost count. The thing that bothers me about doctors is they think you’ve got all the time in the world to try out every single drug under the sun and put you on them for 6 months at a time.

About 2 years ago the doctor gave me benzoyl peroxide 5% and said try it out for 6 months. Obviously things didn’t get better then they put me on oxytetracycline tablets for 6 months, my face actually looked worst after that period of time. Then they told me to stay on the oxytetracyline tablets for another 6 months and after that they said accutane would be the best option.

So now 6 months later my face looks dreadful and what better way to celebrate my 18th birthday but to visit my doctor yet again I’ve been put on some more tablets(minocin) for yet another 6 months.

Doctors just don’t realise how long 6 months is!

2 years have passed and nothing has worked! And they refuse to let me have accutane until I have had a 6 month course on minocin.

My face is scarring and its looking horrible, I haven’t been out in weeks! cry.gif

-Roddy

Okay that´s my first here post too, hehe. Hi cool.gif

I´m sorry to hear that dude, I mean it must really suck to try all these things that don´t work :/.

Well it seems that I am lucky, I am just 14 but I got Accutane on my first doctor visit.

Have you tried telling the doctor about your bad situation and that you are so sick of all this shit ? I mean I´m sure you are...

Anyway, I wish you good luck and hopefully you get Accutane soon!

First HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! biggrin.gif I understand what you mean about doctors.....Lydia is right, most don't really care, their job is to give you the med and that's about it.... doubt.gif anyway, have a great 18th!

hi roddy!! biggrin.gif i understand cuz sometimes i dont go out if my face is really bad,,,my doc puts me on all that stuff 2,,,,when i go he checks my face n sez if i had scars hed give me accutane but i dont,,,,can u get a new doc???? eusa_eh.gifbiggrin.gif

happyyyyy birthday!!!! u sound sooo nice!!! wub.gif

Hey Roddy, You better stop on minocin soon. And take probiotics immediately please I tell you. There is a BIG possibility of your acne coming back. Mino will fuck your system up.

Minocine is the biggest waste of time and money. I was on it for years as a teenager and it did nothing for me.

If your skin is still bad after the minocine don't be afraid to ask for Accutane.

Hey Roddy, You better stop on minocin soon. And take probiotics immediately please I tell you. There is a BIG possibility of your acne coming back. Mino will fuck your system up.

I know your frustration. I went through the same fricking process as you. BP cream, retin A, oxytet, minocyn. None of it worked. I went to see many derms, but they would not prescribe me it, despite saying mine was very severe

you have to get accutane from hospitals here..

Try minocyn out, it might work, I'm not sure how bad yours is