Adult Acne, Cysts T...

Notifications
Clear all

Adult Acne, Cysts That WONT GO AWAY

MemberMember
(@tdformby)

Posted : 09/23/2016 9:51 pm

I'm new to this community, so I'm going to make a post and hope someone else has a similar experience... I'm 23, and for the last 5 years my face has been covered in acne NON-STOP. I get them all over. Sometimes they are large, blister-like bumps that won't pop and don't go away for MONTHS. I also have red spots all over from previous acne... It just never ends. What do I do? I eat healthy, I don't smoke anymore, I've changed so much. Lol I'm desperate. Thanks in advance..
🙂

MemberMember
(@jspencer)

Posted : 09/24/2016 12:19 am

A doctor just told me 5 days ago to stop eating dairy, gluten and sugar. Take a probiotic and b complex. I have plenty experience with cystic acne. Currently waiting my results on blood work to see about my hormones.

If you are flared up bad try taking aspirin around the clock to lessen the inflammation...I just heard about it a few days but it is helping me....

MemberMember
(@tensidskill)

Posted : 09/24/2016 4:10 am

8 hours ago, jspencer said:

A doctor just told me 5 days ago to stop eating dairy, gluten and sugar. Take a probiotic and b complex. I have plenty experience with cystic acne. Currently waiting my results on blood work to see about my hormones.

I wonder how this physician can give such advice, because it will probably not remedy your problem. I tried such diets for months with little effect on the skin. Also, I cannot imagine how bad nutrition can be causally responsible for acne. Nevertheless, such a diet may still be healthy in other aspects.

Please do not take Aspirin internally on a regular basis, it probably will not even work. Salicylic acid applied internally can damage mucous membranes in the gut, can cause stomach ulcers and damage the kidneys. Aspirin is thought to be involved in multiple thousand deaths each year in Germany. [Source]

My experience with cysts is that they eventually will inflame and come out, no matter what you do. The best thing to do is exactly to do nothing until
the pus is visible or as long as the inflammation is active (red). Ice may help reduce the redness, though.

If you want to heal, avoid all comedogenic product like tensids (avoid all cleansers and shampoos). See my first post in my profile for detailed advice.

MemberMember
(@jspencer)

Posted : 09/25/2016 8:03 pm

First of all dairy products are loaded with hormones and when u have hormonal/cystic acne like me, diet does make a difference. Secondly I don't buy aspirin from Germany, I buy it from USA and no it won't kill me. Doing nothing for acne will result in nothing.

MemberMember
(@mcpeekj)

Posted : 09/26/2016 6:35 am

You should start y taking a look at your lifestyle and current health status. I struggled with your situation, large painful cysts that last forever. I tied my acne problem to my digestive health--eating lots of fiber and having regular BM's. I also limited the amount of sugar/dairy I ingest just to be safe. I can't cut it away completely because I love Cheetos and Gummi Bears too much.

So look at your life and try to think about what's causing your acne. Make a list of potential triggers and systematically eliminate them one at a time. It'll take a long time, but it's what I had to do to figure out my trigger.