Notifications
Clear all

Sudden Visible Pores, Waxy Orange Peel Texture, Face Discoloration, Tiny Bumps and Scar like things, Burning, Itching

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 09/23/2016 5:32 am

I made another post about this, with my pictures, but has anyone had this happen from something they've done or used, and MOST IMPORTANTLY...has it gone away?!?!
IM SCARED TO DEATH that my skin won't return to how it was 3 weeks ago.
id rather have my cysts back from 4.5 years ago and just go on accutane again than have my whole facial skin uglified in a matter of days just from using a retinoid twice and GENTLE as hell exfoliation.
I literally sucked Google dry for search results on this exact situation and all the threads and posts I come across are incredibly hopeless with people supposedly dealing with this YEARS after stopping all products.
Ive went through probably 500 posts from various sites by now.
im losing my mind here, I've got enough to deal with. After Accutane (and before I got cysts from trying birth control), people would come up to me and tell me I had beautiful porcelain skin and often think I was still 16, now I'm being mistaken for my mother's sister and my skin looks like that of a field worker who never applied sunscreen a day in HIS life (yes my skin now looks like a man's...which I ain't)
(no offense guys...actually I found threads where men are experiencing the same thing, so this stuff must roughen up everybody's complexion)
and my face hasn't so much as touched the sun in over seven years!! (Besides walking to the car and walking into someplace..I even block the sun when I'm in the car and the windows of my house as well.. I eat healthy as all hell, no dairy or gluten or sugar or even coffee now! Fish and vegetables galore. i'm afraid to even eat half a Piece of dark chocolate right now, even tho what I have going on isn't even really acne per say, but I dont want anything more to come up that can scar with whatever the hell this texture is that's going on, i also drink two gallons of water a day and take my vitamins and now I'm not doing anything to my face other than the only constant that I was doing beforewhichwas justCerave Hydratingcleanser morning and night (now only once because OW), any once a month exfoliation or moisturizers from before are not even being touched as my skin won't take them inanyhow, I'm afraid to even exercise as the sweat and ureamight burn me further, I've got one foot in the grave until somebody comes along with a Happy ending to this similar madness.
HELP ME

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 10/20/2016 1:19 pm

Anyone??

MemberMember
(@sicastro)

Posted : 04/26/2019 5:54 pm

Did you ever make any progress? Been going through this for the past 9 months now and it has severely affected my quality of life.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 04/26/2019 7:36 pm

You probably have candida or malasezzia from taking birth control pills. Have you also taken antibiotics ?

If you have a white tongue (indicates candida) then your skin condition is likely caused by candida. Of you have dandruff then your skin condition is likely caused by malasezzia. Is your skin rough and discoloured, and flaking ? Do you stll have cysts ?

Get back to me if you have a white tongue and/or dandruff and I can provide some information that may help you.

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 04/26/2019 8:33 pm

Possible demodex (facial mite) overinfestation. Everyone has them, but if their numbers grow out of control (usually because your immune system isn't working correctly) then they cause enlarged pores, weird texture, itching, etc... they eat collagen so that's why skin texture gets crazy and bumpy. Ivermectin pills and cream are the only reliable method of killing the overpopulation.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 04/26/2019 8:47 pm

Scabies cream should kill demodex mites, if you have them. You could apply scabies cream together with an antifungal cream (start with clotrimazole cream as the antifungal cream). If the two creams together solve the problem, then try one cream on its own, and see how that goes. Or you could do the procedure in reverse. Try each cream separately, which would be more scientific, but might delay treating the problem.

If the two creams together do not solve the problem, then you know that you don't have demodex mites. In that case, get back to me for advice about more targeted antifungal creams.

I suspect that the problem is fungal because birth control pills can cause fungal cysts.

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 04/27/2019 7:16 am

That sounds like a good plan. I recommend ivermectin cream, not scabies cream. Soolantra (prescription).

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 04/27/2019 8:23 pm

Yes, makes sense to use ivermectin rather than scabies cream.

If the person who started this thread cannot get a prescription for soolantra, buy some ivermectin paste or ivermectin solution at a store that sells products for worming/drenching animals. You can use these on your skin, if you cannot get a prescription for soolantra. Check the concentration and dilute the ivermectin down to 1%, if necessary.

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 04/28/2019 2:38 pm

18 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

Yes, makes sense to use ivermectin rather than scabies cream.

If the person who started this thread cannot get a prescription for soolantra, buy some ivermectin paste or ivermectin solution at a store that sells products for worming/drenching animals. You can use these on your skin, if you cannot get a prescription for soolantra. Check the concentration and dilute the ivermectin down to 1%, if necessary.

Also, an oral dose of ivermectine may be necessary. Once a week for 6 weeks. You will need that prescribed, though, usually.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 04/28/2019 6:33 pm

I would try topical antifungals first (mixed with ivemectin if you wish) , as fungal acne (caused by taking birth control tablets and/or taking antibiotics) is much more common than demodex mites.

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 04/28/2019 7:31 pm

Actually, they quite often go hand in hand with each other. Everyone has demodex so if you either develop a sensitivity to their excrement or an overpopulation of them, the results are usually misdiagnosed.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 04/28/2019 8:42 pm

I agree that the two conditions can operate together. And I certainly agree that demodex (and candida) are misdiagnosed. I'm not sure that I agree that everyone has demodex mites.....

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 04/29/2019 3:21 am

6 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

I agree that the two conditions can operate together. And I certainly agree that demodex (and candida) are misdiagnosed. I'm not sure that I agree that everyone has demodex mites.....

Everyone but babies. You're not born with them but they are a natural part of human skin flora. So, yes. Generally 80%+ of adults have demodex.

MemberMember
(@lucasthebest)

Posted : 06/14/2021 8:12 pm

friend did your skin heal after the co2 laser? I saw it on the forum and I have the same problem with orange peel on my skin after doing a co2 laser, the texture of my skin is horrible