Notifications
Clear all

Why is food Killing My Face?

MemberMember
(@derp6)

Posted : 09/21/2016 7:20 am

This has been happening to me for 10+ years. All food gives me acne- literally. All food prepared by a restaurant gives me super intense acne. Living like this is so terrible. Does anyone have advice/ tips for for not going insane while living with this horribly awful disease??

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 09/21/2016 5:57 pm

Honestly, I can't eat out.

But I would rather not eat out and have clear skin for the rest of my life.

Can you eat home cooked meals that don't give you acne?

MemberMember
(@jspencer)

Posted : 09/23/2016 8:35 am

Just cut out dairy, sugar and gluten. Sub out pastas and breads for either corn or rice pastas and corn tortillas....start a probiotic and really focus on healing internally...u might b like me and have a combo of hormonal and digestive acne but it will b a whole lot less worse when u focus on healing the gut issues

MemberMember
(@3mrd)

Posted : 09/25/2016 8:03 pm

actually this is my condition now. so it means it is not true that when you get older your acne will go away?

MemberMember
(@user532889)

Posted : 09/25/2016 9:48 pm

On 9/21/2016 at 5:20 AM, Derp6 said:

This has been happening to me for 10+ years. All food gives me acne- literally. All food prepared by a restaurant gives me super intense acne. Living like this is so terrible. Does anyone have advice/ tips for for not going insane while living with this horribly awful disease??

Restaurants typically use the cheapest source of vegetable oil which, during production, all go rancid. So they fry foods with rancid oil. But it seems to me like you need to start eating better and supplement with digestive enzymes, probiotics, colloidal minerals. Your body is essentially sending out an SOS via acne. Yes, you can eat fried foods, eat lots of fat, etc. BUT you need to understand the difference between good fats (avocado, coconut oil, olive oil, fish, nuts) from bad fats, good carbs (sweet potatoes, rice, veggies) from bad carbs (pasta, bread..wheat/gluten). And you should avoid ALL processed sugar and fruit juices. EAT fruits instead, and use stevia as a good /safe source of sweetener. I'll stop here before I go waay too deep.

Follow JSpencer's advice too.