Notifications
Clear all

URGENT - Just Had Subcision

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 09/20/2016 6:41 am

Hey,

I need some advice please on Subcision aftercare. Your going to be thinking, wow you went for subcision without doing your homework?

Well I went for my consultation at the hospital, he decided to 3 scars there and then! I was not prepared...

So, he's covered them up with plasters for now, but I have some questions if you don't mind answering.

1. How long shall I keep it covered for?
2. He said t wash my face tomorrow, your views?
3. I'm not going to use ice, as I heard it's better to get swelling, is that right?

Anything else I need to know?

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 09/20/2016 10:04 am

Bump ?

I mainly need to know how long, or how many days I need to keep this covered up? I don't want to prevent air getting to it any longer than I need too.

MemberMember
(@d00little)

Posted : 09/20/2016 3:46 pm

Have you decided if you are going to suction? I'm guessing if you didn't plan for it then you probably don't have a suction device (thought I read somebody used a vacuum).I personally started suctioning the next day.

I don't think there's any need to keep them covered up (I didn't). Just stay out of the sun or use sunscreen if you have to. Maybe take some supplements like vitamin C.

Depending on how aggressive the doctor was, you will probably be a little bruised and swollen for the next few days. Washing you face at any point now should be fine.

MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 09/20/2016 5:22 pm

10 hours ago, FortunesHill said:

1. How long shall I keep it covered for?
2. He said t wash my face tomorrow, your views?
3. I'm not going to use ice, as I heard it's better to get swelling, is that right?

1. Up to 24 hours I'd think, but it should be fine to take it off whenever. I didnt have any bandages after my subcision. If you sleep on your side might be good to keep it on overnight.
2. If I remember correctly, I waited about 36 hours before I washed my face. Should be fine to do it earlier, just be very gentle and use a gentle cleanser.
3. I didn't use ice because didnt want to reduce swelling, but I dont think there is anything definitive on the subject. Up to you.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 09/20/2016 5:26 pm

Would ice really make or break the treatment? Ice doesnt eliminate swelling so I would think it would be a tolerance type of thing. Good questions. Ive never had subcision or discussed it with a doctor so Id be interested in the answer.

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 08/15/2017 10:24 am

Just had my second round of Subcision today : ).

This time I am going to use suction. When should I start doing it, and how long for?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/15/2017 12:01 pm

This has been discussed in the acne scar faq top of the sub (first post) in the subcision section. 3-5 times a day, for several seconds, your inducing a bruise so you do not ice. 2-3 weeks. The vacuum is a Chinese cupping sold on amazon or owndoc.

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 08/15/2017 4:09 pm

4 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

This has been discussed in the acne scar faq top of the sub (first post) in the subcision section. 3-5 times a day, for several seconds, your inducing a bruise so you do not ice. 2-3 weeks. The vacuum is a Chinese cupping sold on amazon or owndoc.

Thanks, I just taken a look, but unsure how much pressure from the suction I should use? I used the one from owndoc. Surely I don't pump the suction to its highest? Also, do you just keep it in one place when suctioning, or should I be trying to slide it around over the scared area?

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 08/16/2017 7:37 am

Can anyone advise? I'm starting the suction today.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/16/2017 12:13 pm

I get back when I can, just one of me. Use as much as you can handle. You can pump the highest if you can take it. Yes slide it around to cover scars so they all get equal coverage.

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 08/16/2017 12:56 pm

55 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

I get back when I can, just one of me. Use as much as you can handle. You can pump the highest if you can take it. Yes slide it around to cover scars so they all get equal coverage.

Thanks so much for making me feel confident. Last questions and i'm going to start..

OwnDoc says:

The study mentioned 12 suctionings of 4 seconds each per treatment

12 suctions? Do I have to do 12 suctions, for 4 seconds each time, in just one session? I thought it was just 1 suction, 3-5 times per day.

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 08/16/2017 3:45 pm

I just had a tiny amount of blood drawn from one of the incisions, shall I wait until tomorrow with that one?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/17/2017 10:02 am

Yes it's too soon to vacuum if your getting blood draw. The 12 thing seems a bit much to me, so this is what I do. I do like 5 times a day, for longer periods of time. 12-25 seconds depending on what you can handle. Many cannot do this at work so they do it morning and evenings.

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 08/22/2017 9:54 pm

Its been 7 days since I had subcision when do you think it is best for me to start using Retin-A?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/23/2017 10:13 am

You can start using it again once your wounds are fully healed.