Notifications
Clear all

Anybody went to Dr. Rullan in Chula Vista for Acne Scars?

MemberMember
(@realtalkgurl)

Posted : 09/18/2016 4:11 pm

The thing about Dr. Rullan is that he is far away from the pacific northwest where I am but I want to go at least check him out since there are no real competitors here to choose from. I was wondering if ya'll been to him. I've seen youtube vid with Elaine After Accutane and it seems he helped her a lot!!!!!! And I believe he's prbly the best I've found. My acne scarring is moderate to somewhat severe idk.. in my eyes but I'll post a link to my other posts where I have pics for background. I want to get tca cross and subscicon and possibly his chemobrasion but I am wary of this because there have been noot that many reviews. What do you guys think this would be a good deal for me ? Of course thou I'd be getting a consultation next year but any input would be great. I've been with these scars for about 4 years so here's to hoping!! Any Experiences welcome !!!! My pics of scarring in links below!! thanks !!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/362424-what-type-of-scar-treatments-do-i-need/?#comment-3538145

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/362269-what-type-of-scarring-do-i-have-please-help-post-accutane/?#comment-3537502

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/361593-please-help-urgent-acne-scarring-pics/?#comment-3534788

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 09/18/2016 10:47 pm

one of the best. I love him. extremely knowledgeable and fair pricing.

keving100 liked
MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 09/19/2016 12:51 am

Had subcision performed by him recently and I am happy with the results. Will be setting up another subcision with him in the coming months. Not sure if there are any good doctors more local to you, difficult to recommend someone travel that far for treatment unless you plan to be in San Diego anyways.

MemberMember
(@realtalkgurl)

Posted : 09/19/2016 5:10 pm

Well I have been debating on getting treatment with the whole shebang like subsicion , chemobrasion peel ,tca cross and possibly micro needling for a while/ been saving up too!! So yeh would prbly make sense to go there if I had other business but believe me I have no problem having this as the only business I would be going there for,honestly..I'm planning on moving over there abouts after I'm finish with undergrad. slowly but surely I'm focusing on this as a side priority, Thank you guys for the input!!. It is very difficult for me to decide what my scars need and the few derms i've been to around here haven't really enticed me with there game plans. It's nice to hear Dr. Rullan has a good rep. Have you guys looked into his Chemobrasion Phenol 30% peel?

MemberMember
(@realtalkgurl)

Posted : 09/19/2016 6:06 pm

Also I found this bad review? do you guys think this is valid?

Scroll to the bottom, here's the link

https://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=-bMsIwY2x4Xv5gEA1o_GjQ

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 09/20/2016 7:45 pm

sure. I can find you bad reviews from other people regarding other doctors too. so check him and see what you think. we already told you he's good

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 09/20/2016 7:55 pm

I dont live in that area, but how much does he charge for both cheeks? Im shopping around the NE for early next year and dont want to get ripped off.

MemberMember
(@realtalkgurl)

Posted : 09/21/2016 5:59 pm

What would you guys classify my scarring as? do you think just peels would help? I definitely do want to fly to Dr. Rullan and get a consultation at the least. Peels my derm offered specifically tca cross at 100% for $500 a go! She is not so experienced should I take the risk? she's the type that is nice put pressures costly things. I'm not to sure to trust her with my face with that but am thinking she would be alright to perform tca peels at 35%.

Lolz .. I'm just frustrated at the # of qualified physicians for acne scarring in my area too, very few. Sorry if I am bombarding with questions. I'm just worried to put down so much money and not go anywhere. Did doctor Rullan help you classify your scarring? I have no idea what mine is.. seems all merged and have some that are like large pores but scars/boxscars and rolling though I can't really classify myself.But yeh most places I went don't have that much experience because most places specializing in botox and fillers and laser at leastaround here... there's dr. phillip young but dr. rullan sounds more fair and generally priced well. I don't know much around where youare QuanHenry.. maybe some other users can help you out. Everybody says Dr. Rullan is reasonably priced. It's worth as shot to get at least a consultation.

MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 09/22/2016 12:55 am

I have no idea what chemobrasion is, it is not a treatment I came across. Looks like you have a lot of shallow scars, but consisting of rolling, boxcar, and icepick/scarred pores. Have you tried any treatments so far?

I decided on the treatment I wanted and then made my selection of doctor based on this treatment, considering only doctors within driving distance to me. I sent an email to Dr. Rullan's office requesting subcision, including some detailed pictures, and he agreed that I was a good candidate.I am a few hours away so I only saw him the single time, I cant offer any input beyond this interaction.

From what I've seen, prices range from $300 - $1500 for subcision in the US. He is at the bottom of this range.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@realtalkgurl)

Posted : 09/22/2016 5:58 pm

Okay good to know because I really don't know what my scarring consisted of, it's all a merge. I talked to my derm about it and she told me treatment of tca cross and peels but she didn't ask me what I thought about them or if I thought these would be efficient and nor did she specify exactly how they would help.. tho they would help some...

I haven't tried any treatments so far except for sacylic acid peels which makes my pores smaller for about a week after the peel but the 3-4days of the peel causes severe dryness where I can't wear makeup. I have mild rosacea AKA red face but only flares up in humid weather so sometimes my face will be fine and then later without some concealer I am red. I would keep a protocol regimen but the dryness and peeling downtime is prbly not gonna take my skin anywhere.. if only for anti aging purposes and sometimes I'll use it when I have used it with breakouts. I used retina .1 in the past too and it makes my pores smaller but nothing for scars. MY scars are like the size of pores and shallow with jagged edges it seems and in the morning for some reason microswelling of sleep make them completely disappear...this is why I think subsection will work as the scars are aggravated by the indentations of my rolling scars.. I am like sooooo far away from any near competent doctors to what they have in california so thanks for the advice because I will definitely be making my trip an expedition and will need to find out more before I embark. I'm scarred just to do tca cross 1 year off of accutane because if I have poor would healing it may scar worse vs a full face peel is more uniform and might be okay and subs icon I believe maybe be okay too. lol i have not known any ppl who have personally had tca at 100% not even from dr. rullan, or other derms, is why I'm worried to let her use it on my face... I am quite a ways from chula vista so the money I spend do get there and stay is something I don't want to be throwing away for treatments that will not do benefit. It's nice that he's only a couple hoursfrom you. I have to pay maybe 300 for flight and then idk for hotel stay and consultation which idk if free...i actually would want to do subcicon that day if he could . Do you know how much he charges?Have not done any treatments but wanted to try micro needling after subsicion andtca cross..

Lol sorry if I'm making this a story but I'm just looking for some advice and it seems this is the best place

Has anybody had experience with tca crossand at what percentage/ doctor? Thank You!

I saw you hadsubciission done!! congratulations it really seems to have helped! What day do you start suctioning? I was wondering also what the benefit was for and I heard about people using a vacuum for that is that true? lol i just asking dumb questions but i really would like to be in the know thanks guys!!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@ambergris)

Posted : 09/22/2016 11:34 pm

Had three subcisions with him. Was very happy after my third one.

dazzed liked
MemberMember
(@realtalkgurl)

Posted : 09/23/2016 4:54 pm

Hi ambergris , what type of scarring did you have worked on if I may ask? Do you think that subsciion would work on some of the type of scarring I have? Thanks The links to my scaring pics are above

Also, did you have any other procudures or recommendations besides subscion? Im thinking of tca peels at the moment tho maybe tca cross with with dr. rullan. I'm definitely set on subcision but did you do accutane? I will be doing it after one year of accutane and was just wondering.
I'm glad you got some improvement!! It seems that subscion is the best first option, it usually lessens scarring the most out of all procedures I've seen.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 09/23/2016 7:33 pm

Your scarring needs to be approached different ways since you display scarring of all types. Ice picks, boxcar scars and rolling.

MemberMember
(@realtalkgurl)

Posted : 09/24/2016 6:45 pm

okay thanks!! would you guys classify my scarring as moderate or severe? It won't hurt my feelings , I just want to know for sure so I don't get sucked into microderm or some other low-grade resurfacing my derm wants me to do. Also differentiating between the two grades will help me to better go over my options.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 09/24/2016 8:51 pm

Moderate with room for a lot of improvement :)  

MemberMember
(@realtalkgurl)

Posted : 09/25/2016 10:07 pm

Thanks for the honesty :), I've come across a lot of people sugar coating my perspective of my skin and it's reality.  
Do you guys think tca cross and subscision are good starters for me?

I am still off the fence on tca peels. Not sure if they will give me the improvement I want. 

MemberMember
(@realtalkgurl)

Posted : 09/29/2016 12:32 am

Would you guys recommend this the doctor says aspirin for increased bleeding in subsicion? do you guys think it would be okay with suctioning?... any thoughts at this being either a really bad idea or really good one?.. my thoughts are that it would increase blood flow but may give higher risk of nodules.

MemberMember
(@rdnhey)

Posted : 09/29/2016 5:52 pm

On 9/29/2016 at 11:32 AM, realtalkguRL said:

Would you guys recommend this the doctor says aspirin for increased bleeding in subsicion? do you guys think it would be okay with suctioning?... any thoughts at this being either a really bad idea or really good one?.. my thoughts are that it would increase blood flow but may give higher risk of nodules.

Useless. I have had different scars just like yours. Now they're a lot better, so keep it up! Keep in mind that u have to do more treatments. Tca cross for 500$?? Oh c'mon... I am currently doing [Redacted] 4 microneedling (derminator) plus suctioning , 4 tca cross 50% (till frosting only on ice picks scars) each year. PLUS the MOST important thing, subcision plus filler (my doc in Milan 450) TWO each year. I'm planning to do overall 3 years of treatments (2015-2017). Of course some light tca peel [Redacted] just for texture. Read, learn, check out some OLD threads they can help you! (lately this forum is getting worse and worse lol). Good luck! Sign out*

MemberMember
(@realtalkgurl)

Posted : 09/30/2016 12:19 am

OMG thank you so much for your lengthy response Rdnhey!!lol about the $500 tca , I thought it was too much too because even she is inexpeierenced !! I have no idea how to approach my scarring and the cost is so overwhelmingly high where I live because they are charging so much for procedure that is "not common practice"so thank you for this detail. i honestly want tca crosss but am scared to try it on myself and scared to pay $500 to inexperienced to also maybe get scarred. I should get over the fear because i hate that this consumes my time.. I want to fly to CA, the trip is expensive but there are better doctors. I applaud you for doing some on your own!!! I am too scared to damage myself. I have gotten out of this thread that subsicion is what I should do with filler.. hmm.. twice a year? sounds good because I am unsure how to use the suction method and think I may cause nodules on face... so maybe full face tca peels will also be my first steps with a spot treatment with tca cross.
I know I shouldn't think twice but your guy's opinions of my scarring help me a lot to further analyze what I should do throughout this process because it's really hard to get a lot ofobjectiveperspective.I really do not have other real resources to go off of ;so everybody's experience helps a lot, Thank you. I just know that I should do something because these scars bother me and if I don't do something I know I will regret it!! I'm scared shitless to do something to make it worse but I'm also feeling like shit if I don't do anything. Any and everybody's experience is welcome here and I hope this thread helps others as much as it helps me. Thank you again!!

MemberMember
(@realtalkgurl)

Posted : 09/30/2016 1:37 am

my scarring currently

Photo on 9-29-16 at 3.10 PM #3.jpg

MemberMember
(@littlestar01)

Posted : 10/01/2016 2:07 am

I just went there for a consultation two months ago. The longest road trip I've ever been on ever lol!... Most likely I'm going back to get a subcision done. But still debating if I should try Dr. Rahimi in Los Angeles. Just need to find time to get it done so I won't go to work looking beat. :)

MemberMember
(@realtalkgurl)

Posted : 10/01/2016 12:31 pm

Good Luck!!! Did Dr. Rullan show you any before and afters? lol yes he is right in the corner of the united states...haha I hope  either one you choose works out !:) Is there a specific procedure you want to try from dr. rahimi?

lol yes!!! dude the irony of having to plan out time to fix our face when all this acne came unexpected!! Anyways I'm sure you'll find a way for work. Everyone says that dr. rullan is an expert did you feel him very confident in his knowledge? the other thing i was interested in before and afters of tca cross and subsicion i emailed the office but haven't had a word yet did you have any experience with this?. maybe that is just in consultation that before annd afters  happens so i have to wait is my guess idk..the road trip thing dude I applaud you !!  was thinking maybe I could save some time by getting info first and then book my procedure so I'd only have to go there once. and maybe twice if I get another one. was it worth going for consult first and not procedure? or would you recommend going and getting procedure with consult... hmm..

MemberMember
(@keving100)

Posted : 01/10/2017 10:50 am

On 9/18/2016 at 11:47 PM, Robertitoo said:

one of the best. I love him. extremely knowledgeable and fair pricing.

Dr Rullan seems like a genuine caring doctor.. He did a consultation with me via email and I am flying there in a month from now.
Does anyone know if Dr Rullan perform full cheek subcision or individual scar subcision? I am kinda looking for both, sine I have atropic scaring on my whole cheek.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/11/2017 2:28 pm

On 1/10/2017 at 7:50 AM, keving100 said:
Dr Rullan seems like a genuine caring doctor. i live in toronto, Canada. He did a consultation with me via email and I am flying there in a month from now.
Does anyone know if Dr Rullan perform full cheek subcision or individual scar subcision? I am kinda looking for both, sine I have atropic scaring on my whole cheek.

he does both