Notifications
Clear all

Does microneedling create scar tissue?

MemberMember
(@scarred2468)

Posted : 09/17/2016 10:36 am

Microneedling seems to be a very effective treatment for some people, but I was wondering; does it fill in depressed scars by creating scar tissue (one type of collagen) orregular skin (the other type of collagen)?If microneedling works the exact same way as injuring the skin normally, it would seem to create scar tissue. Or, are the injuries small enough that skin reacts differently? Have you noticed a transition from skin to scar tissue when you use microneedling?

MemberMember
(@scarred2468)

Posted : 09/27/2016 9:40 am

bump

MemberMember
(@boy111)

Posted : 11/06/2017 5:55 am

As i know microneedling does zero help.in the first two weeks you will be happy .but when the time goes there is zero improvement even for very superficial scars.i read lot of articles.as i think acne scars ,can,t be improved at alll

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 11/10/2017 3:52 am

All respects boy111it really depends on the scar type. Identity of the scar type is the first part of revision. Ice pick scars, though vvv deep, and some what daunting, are the easiest to treat. Tethered scars? Easy- subscise. Box car scars in type 1-2 skin at the same level- super easy, erbium fully ablate to the level of the scar. Atrophic scars? Fat or filler. Its the thought processes behind revision that gives the outcome, and not a device. You do have a point- in patients with certain scar types, microneedling does very little, in others it helps, especially if combined with RF.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/10/2017 7:05 am

Microneedling is hit and miss,love or hate,some people know it works and can prove it,some think it works,sone say it disnt and makes scars worse but at same time that means the needling IS doing something and others say it dont do anything full stop!

my experience with dermaroller is that it manes my skin type worse texture and it made scarring bigger and deeper.

the arguement still rages on but regardless,scar and skin related work is an horse for course work,you need the correct treatment for the correct scar type as pointed out.
:)

MemberMember
(@upliftingcat)

Posted : 11/12/2017 3:30 am

Scarring is dependent on the length of the needles, how you heal, and how long the inflammation lasts. According to Dr. Lance Setterfield, an expert on microneedling, medical microneedling will always decrease/damage elastin fibers. Cosmetic microneedling should not but this is more for product penetration. I ultimately decided against microneedling because of the possibility of destroying my skin's elasticity. I think it probably has its place though with acne scarring as long as you're just treating the scars. For more information, I recommend the book "The Concise Guide to Dermal Needling" by Lance Setterfield. It's relatively easy to comprehend for someone without a background in dermatology and wound healing and Dr. Setterfield is great about answering questions via email.

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 12/12/2017 5:33 am

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. If you're decided to see this kind of treatment better consult a professional first.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 10/07/2018 4:17 pm

After 3 times with Derminator the texture of the skin became worse and the scars widened and became more visible. Read stories at Derminator site where people did it for several years and got visible improvement. My intention was to do it long too. Now I am afraid to make the texture even more worse( consulted and saw professionals first(

MemberMember
(@nick-corona)

Posted : 11/08/2020 4:09 pm

On 11/12/2017 at 3:30 AM, UpliftingCat said:

Scarring is dependent on the length of the needles, how you heal, and how long the inflammation lasts. According to Dr. Lance Setterfield, an expert on microneedling, medical microneedling will always decrease/damage elastin fibers. Cosmetic microneedling should not but this is more for product penetration. I ultimately decided against microneedling because of the possibility of destroying my skin's elasticity. I think it probably has its place though with acne scarring as long as you're just treating the scars. For more information, I recommend the book "The Concise Guide to Dermal Needling" by Lance Setterfield. It's relatively easy to comprehend for someone without a background in dermatology and wound healing and Dr. Setterfield is great about answering questions via email.

Source on it decreasing elastin fibres?

You liked
MemberMember
(@kele_echeverriahotmail-com)

Posted : 11/09/2020 8:14 am

well for me, make my scar hole worst, but FOR ME.