Notifications
Clear all

Hormonal Acne Triggers?

MemberMember
(@nicolels97)

Posted : 09/16/2016 9:59 pm

So..for the past month and a half my skin has been going downhill progressively. It's driving me crazy as I have been trying everything I can think of but nothing is helping!
All through highschool i would get the odd pimple but nothing crazy. During my final few months of highschool however, I broke out the worst I ever had and I'm pretty sure it was due to stress ( I had also had my mirena IUD for six months) Now a year and a half later, my skin has gone on a roller coaster of okay (never as good as it was early highschool age) to terrible. I had to get a new IUD Mirena this june and ever since then my skin has been getting worse and worse. The reason I got the mirena in the first place was because i had terrible periods (that the pill did not help) and would last months on end. I dont consume dairy and I am very careful with keeping my skin and pillow cases and what not clean. I feel stuck because the IUD is the only thing helping my periods but I feel like it is only masking a deeper issue that I am not sure how to fix.

Does anyone have tips for someone struggling with seriously out of whack hormones?

MemberMember
(@stephanie1905)

Posted : 09/19/2016 8:50 am

Suffering from the same problem

I have started taking vitamins- zinc, saw palmetto, b6, evening primrose oils which seems to help my complexion and skin texture which is amazing but still getting the sore ones :|