Need help of a new ...

Notifications
Clear all

Need help of a new moisturizer for regime

MemberMember
(@t-dawg)

Posted : 09/16/2016 11:19 am

I'm in need of new moisturizer the Dans moisturizer is okay and doesn't really break me out, i think. But please can someone find me a good moisturizer, i want to try cera-ve lotion but people keep telling me its pore clogging and will break me out in like 2 or 3 weeks. But dans moisturizer doesn't moisturizer that great and i still flake LIKE CRAZY cause my flakes should be gone i think i'm coming on to week 6 of regime and i have couple active pimples but overall it's helping a lot but the dryness and flakes are unbearable, but i don't wanna break out from a bad moisturizer. Please good people of acne.org can you suggest a good moisturizer for me cause dans isn't cutting it right and it has a lot bad reviews saying the formula was changed something like that. but get back to me soon thanks!!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/16/2016 1:46 pm

I love cerave lotion! I guess it really depends from person to person. But I love cerave as my daytime moisturizer because it absorbs really quickly and doesn't break me out. At night I use the cetaphil lotion because it is very thick and helps hydrate my skin. In the morning it feels very soft. I would avoid cetaphil as a morning moisturizer because it is very thick and just makes your face look greasy.

DeLovely and t-dawg liked
MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 09/16/2016 2:10 pm

I agree with Nicmic. Cerave is very good! I used it when I was starting a new topical regimen and it helped so much with the dryness. It's very lightweight and hydrating, and I had no issues with breaking out. It's recommended by a lot of derms for people struggling with acne & it is oil-free/non-comedogenic. Most people don't have issues with it.

DeLovely and t-dawg liked
MemberMember
(@markronan)

Posted : 09/17/2016 10:13 am

Olay - Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Sensitive
Neutrogena Moisture Oil Free Formula, Combination Skin

These 2 are the best ive come across. I wish dans wasnt yellow it doesnt make sense to me. I have facial hair and like a bit of stubble and dans just doesnt absorb properly, It looks like im wearing fake tan. Since i only break around the mouth area i dont treat all of my face on the regimen anymore so basically half my face is yellow from it. I wish it was white not yellow that would be perfect because ive tried so many including cerave. Anybody else recommend one that is like dans?

MemberMember
(@t-dawg)

Posted : 09/17/2016 10:45 am

Okay i'll give cera-ve a try cause its good value and i hear it's good i'm a broke college student so it's hard trying to pay for 20 dollar moisturizer and i have cetaphil lotion at home i just really never used but i will now. Thank you all for your suggestions it means a lot to me!

MemberMember
(@looovidubs)

Posted : 09/18/2016 11:57 pm

What Cerave are you using nicmic? Is it the cerave am facial moisturizer? Or just the cerave lotion? Im having trouble with dan's moisturizer i guess so im planning to switch. Pls help!

MemberMember
(@rylee-l)

Posted : 09/19/2016 5:08 pm

I have used Cerave and I liked it except it clumped up with my BP. Any advice?

MemberMember
(@rylee-l)

Posted : 09/19/2016 5:49 pm

21 minutes ago, Control Panel said:
Just make sure you quote her so that she receives your question as a notification. But I think they're the same. Sometimes companies package the same product in different bottles for marketing. You can compare ingredients. What BP product do you use?

I use the acne.org BP

MemberMember
(@looovidubs)

Posted : 09/19/2016 6:04 pm

30 minutes ago, Control Panel said:
Just make sure you quote her so that she receives your question as a notification. But I think they're the same. Sometimes companies package the same product in different bottles for marketing. You can compare ingredients. What BP product do you use?

Thank you. Im a newbie here. Basically, I dont know how this goes. Anyway, does the cerave easily absorbed? I used a fan for the moisturizer in the regimen just to set it in. And makes me oily. I wanna switch to another moisturizer that wont break me out. Is this the moiturizer you use?image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@looovidubs)

Posted : 09/19/2016 6:12 pm

2 minutes ago, Control Panel said:
7 minutes ago, looovidubs said:

Is this the moiturizer you use?

I used the one in the picture and the PM version. I think they're the same. But I stopped using them about a year ago.

Did it break you out? Thats why you stopped it? Or you also switched to another one?