Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
t-dawg

Need help of a new moisturizer for regime

I'm in need of new moisturizer the Dans moisturizer is okay and doesn't really break me out, i think. But please can someone find me a good moisturizer, i want to try cera-ve lotion but people keep telling me its pore clogging and will break me out in like 2 or 3 weeks. But dans moisturizer doesn't moisturizer that great and i still flake LIKE CRAZY cause my flakes should be gone i think i'm coming on to week 6 of regime and i have couple active pimples but overall it's helping a lot but the dryness and flakes are unbearable, but i don't wanna break out from a bad moisturizer. Please good people of acne.org can you suggest a good moisturizer for me cause dans isn't cutting it right and it has a lot bad reviews saying the formula was changed something like that. but get back to me soon thanks!!  

I love cerave lotion! I guess it really depends from person to person. But I love cerave as my daytime moisturizer because it absorbs really quickly and doesn't break me out. At night I use the cetaphil lotion because it is very thick and helps hydrate my skin. In the morning it feels very soft. I would avoid cetaphil as a morning moisturizer because it is very thick and just makes your face look greasy.

I agree with Nicmic. Cerave is very good! I used it when I was starting a new topical regimen and it helped so much with the dryness. It's very lightweight and hydrating, and I had no issues with breaking out. It's recommended by a lot of derms for people struggling with acne & it is oil-free/non-comedogenic. Most people don't have issues with it. 

Olay - Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Sensitive
Neutrogena Moisture Oil Free Formula, Combination Skin

These 2 are the best ive come across. I wish dans wasnt yellow it doesnt make sense to me. I have facial hair and like a bit of stubble and dans just doesnt absorb properly, It looks like im wearing fake tan. Since i only break around the mouth area i dont treat all of my face on the regimen anymore so basically half my face is yellow from it. I wish it was white not yellow that would be perfect because ive tried so many including cerave. Anybody else recommend one that is like dans? Edited by markronan

Okay i'll give cera-ve a try cause its good value and i hear it's good i'm a broke college student so it's hard trying to pay for 20 dollar moisturizer and i have cetaphil lotion at home i just really never used but i will now. Thank you all for your suggestions it means a lot to me! 

On 9/17/2016 at 11:13 AM, markronan said:

Olay - Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Sensitive

This stuff is good but it contains zinc oxide, so it worsens dryness and flakiness. Use it sparingly and be sure to add plenty of jojoba oil.

What Cerave are you using nicmic? Is it the cerave am facial moisturizer? Or just the cerave lotion? Im having trouble with dan's moisturizer i guess so im planning to switch. Pls help!

17 hours ago, looovidubs said:

What Cerave are you using nicmic?

Just make sure you quote her so that she receives your question as a notification. But I think they're the same. Sometimes companies package the same product in different bottles for marketing. You can compare ingredients.
18 minutes ago, Rylee L said:

I have used Cerave and I liked it except it clumped up with my BP. Any advice?

What BP product do you use?

21 minutes ago, Control Panel said:
Just make sure you quote her so that she receives your question as a notification. But I think they're the same. Sometimes companies package the same product in different bottles for marketing. You can compare ingredients. What BP product do you use?
I use the acne.org BP

3 minutes ago, Rylee L said:

I use the acne.org BP

Moisturizers generally don't clump up with gel-based BP. That's strange. CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion was the moisturizer that I used about 2 years ago, and I don't recall any balling up. Check the reviews section of the site for that product and see if other people experience this. Report back.

30 minutes ago, Control Panel said:
Just make sure you quote her so that she receives your question as a notification. But I think they're the same. Sometimes companies package the same product in different bottles for marketing. You can compare ingredients. What BP product do you use?
Thank you. Im a newbie here. Basically, I dont know how this goes. Anyway, does the cerave easily absorbed? I used a fan for the moisturizer in the regimen just to set it in. And makes me oily. I wanna switch to another moisturizer that wont break me out. Is this the moiturizer you use?image.jpeg

4 minutes ago, looovidubs said:

Is this the moiturizer you use?

I used the one in the picture and the PM version. I think they're the same. But I stopped using them about a year ago.

2 minutes ago, Control Panel said:
7 minutes ago, looovidubs said:

Is this the moiturizer you use?

I used the one in the picture and the PM version. I think they're the same. But I stopped using them about a year ago.
Did it break you out? Thats why you stopped it? Or you also switched to another one?

1 minute ago, looovidubs said:

Did it break you out? Thats why you stopped it? Or you also switched to another one?

It didn't break me out. I stopped using it to experiment with other products. Haven't found one that I like.