Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BaBi FaCe

venting.....I HATE WEARING MAKE UP!!

ahhhh! :P everyday i ask god why? WHY? but still i get no answer i hate wearing make up sooooo such but im so use to it. Everyday before college or just generally going out i have to spare time just to cover my imperfections I HATE IT! sometimes, im even afew minutes late for class WHY? because i have to put my face on. I really wish i had my flawless skin back. Those days when i was care free, able to answer the door and not worry about my face, able to go out without worry how my face looks. :oops:

anyone else relate or wanna vent? feel free!!

i never go out with my friends cos of my face, i no totally how you feel. i am sometimes brave and go out without makeup (after lots of encouragement from my boyfriend) but if i see someone i know it makes me feel like im the uglyist person in the world.

Guest Tracy

I feel the same way too. I absolutely hate wearing make up! I try to cover up my imperfections, but it makes me feel fake. I wish I could just run outside and not have to worry if my face looks really bad. I feel like if I don't wear makeup people will just stare at my face and think how disgusting I look. Thanks for letting me vent too. :roll:

i hate makeup soooooooo much. but i'm addicted to finding out the newest foundations or powders even though i stopped wearing 'the mask' since i went on the regimen. i do spot cover on old marks though with regular foundation. i seriously feel like a fraud when i had to wear 'the mask'. and if i slept over somewhere else i would feel so high maintenance like i didn't want to wash it off or i would right before sleeping then spring up first thing in the morning to put it back on. as if no one would notice. just covering up the shame. i hate it and it's so petty and disgusting. so yeah... foundation sucks.

i seriously feel like a fraud when i had to wear 'the mask'. and if i slept over somewhere else i would feel so high maintenance like i didn't want to wash it off or i would right before sleeping then spring up first thing in the morning to put it back on. as if no one would notice..

I can DEFINETLY relate to this for sure... it's the worst when your staying over at a friends or what not and they have perfectly flawless skin, you don't want to take off your makeup and expose how bad your skin is compared to them.. it's really awkward.. they can't even imagine how bad it is to have acne because they've never had to experience it before.. 2 of my best friends I swear have never had a single zit in their life..

Thought I would help you vent :shock: I also agree with hating wearing makeup!! I could almost be a makeup artist with the way I cover up my acne and have actually covered up black eyes for peope!! BUT, lately I don't want to wear makeup anymore. When people see me without it, they really stare at me because it's such a change from my "Made Up" look. The worst for me, since I'm a stay at home mom is when people drop by and I'm not wearing any makeup. Honestly, I want to run and slap makeup on but I feel like if people are so shallow that they can't see past my skin, then they can take a flying-u-know-what!! I feel sooo ugly! But I know it's been better for my skin, but the bad part is I don't think it's really helped to clear up my acne by not wearing it and I feel like total crap when people come over all "made-up" themselves and I sit home with spaghettios everywhere. I do still put my makeup on when I go out and feel quite beautiful for the night, I guess. Life could always be worse. Take care and know others are feeling the same way, too.

ahhhh!  :shock: everyday i ask god why? WHY? but still i get no answer i hate wearing make up sooooo such but im so use to it. Everyday before college or just generally going out i have to spare time just to cover my imperfections I HATE IT! sometimes, im even afew minutes late for class WHY? because i have to put my face on. I really wish i had my flawless skin back. Those days when i was care free, able to answer the door and not worry about my face, able to go out without worry how my face looks. :oops: 

anyone else relate or wanna vent? feel free!!

Im a guy. But i just deal with the spots. Well, i dont got many spots now, its more like a little red spot or two at a time now. But before when it was bad i just dealt with it. sucked hard balls but just remember, this too shall pass!

4 the reply guys, amy_fay your brave to actually stop over at somebodys house. That's something i'd never do, my friends ask me all the time but i just make up cheap excuses :shock: i know they love me for who i am but man..im just paranoid and self conicous!! take care guys!! clear skin is just around the corner :)

Even when my face was bad, bad, bad I never wore makeup on my skin. I have fair rosey skin and can't get it to match and I also thought I would make my skin worse. So I would play up my eyes or my lips or whatever so my skin wouldn't be so obvious. I still do that till this day.

I'm just damn lazy so that's why I don't wear make-up, but I look damn good when I do. I use the MaxFactor pancake. If that doesn't cover everything in my face, nothing does. Of course, I save this for special occasions, cause like I said, I'm damn lazy :)

I'm not sure, but here are the ingredients:

Talc, Mineral Oil, Water, Stearic Acid, PEG-32, PEG-6, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Triethanolamine, Lanolin, Propylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Sulfated Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain: Ultramarines

I've personally never had a problem with it, but I don't wear it every day so I can't tell you for sure.

i hate make up. But, my skin is so disgusting that i should start to use make up, thow i dont like it.

I feel like deceiving myself.

Im feeling the same like you all, i wish to wake up one morning and not to be concerned about my look. I have to look on the mirror and see a disgusting image. :)

Thanks to my boyfriend's persistance, I ventured out just an hour ago without makeup for the first time since this acne shit started. I went down to the dining hall with him for breakfast. All I have to say is, THANK GOD I didn't see anyone I know! It felt great to just be that "lazy college student" and roll out of bed to go to breakfast. But on the other hand I was so nervous about seeing anyone I knew the entire time... I agree with all of you who say that you feel so dishonest wearing makeup; it's very true. You feel like you're lying to everyone all the time and then feel like you're being "caught" in your lie when people see you without it. Maybe my bf's right... maybe I should stop worrying about how I look all the time. It is easier to not care. :roll: I was never obsessed about my looks when I didn't have acne... wish I could be like that again.

I have acne scars and they really bring my confidence down.. sometimes there are mirrors that reflect the scars and make them look ten times worse then I feel like five different kinds of shit :) My boyfriend keeps saying that I'm pretty no matter what, but it is hard to believe his words - partly because I was never a confident person - only recently that I start to feel better and it's thanks to my bf :oops: . I use to wear foundation to cover up my scars but then the stuff wrecks my skin and make it looks dry, and no matter how much I exfoliated, when I slap foundation on I still look like I have dry skin. So I opt to tinted moisturiser instead and I feel so much lighter and better.. I think foundation is not good for your skin anyway because it prevents your skin from breathing and it also clogs up pores and my mom says you're not supposed to have foundation on your face longer than eight hours.

Long time ago, I used to wear make up every day, and once in a while I was so hectic that I didn't get a chance to put any on. People would say comments like, "Are you sick today?" or "You look so pale, are you all right?" or "You look so plain". Now, I don't give a damn. I know that I haven't changed one bit on the inside. I also know that the people close to me love me no matter what, and my job description does not consist of looking cute for everyone. I feel good not wearing any foundation because I'm okay with who I am. I still wear RED lipstick every morning, but it's already faded by noon :)

I completely understand how everyone feels here on this board--Ive been struggling with mild/moderate acne since I was 10 years old (im 19 now), and benzamycin worked wonders for me for 6-7 years, and then STOPPED--and bcp messed my skin up even more--I would spend hours getting ready to go out just because I had to cover all the splotches I had, my skin had red marks, and was so blotchy, with these dry patches, and oily places--YUK. But what I have to say to all of you is _YOUR SKIN WILL GET BETTER--once I stopped messing with it so much, and found some topicals and other stuff that started working, my skin cleared!

I still love makeup and know a LOT about covering stuff up--but I have realized some things and found some products that I would love to share! (all my friends have benefitted from my experience with acne and use this stuff too!)

-DONT SCRUB--it just messes ur skin up more--use a GENTLE cleanser like purpose, and a gentle toner, then moisturize

-stop using heavy foundation! its like an addiction, you feel like u cant go ne where without it--but HEY it doesnt look good, people can see the thick makeup on ur face--just use concealer and powder--youll look loads better

-VITA K SOLUTION--its a miracle! my face was pink and splotchy, and is now so even!

-queen helene mint julep mask is AWESOME

--I love MAC studiofix powder--it still gives u decent coverage, and takes like 2 seconds to apply (rather than messing around with liquid foundation), and doesnt clog ur pores like foundation either

I hate makeup...I dont know how 2 use it without having my skin look blochy and dead. Even when I try to put on makeup, it doesnt cover up anything because I have dark spots that r hard to cover up so I have to wait 4 them to fade.

I wish I could just wear a mask or take an eraser and erase all these damn scars!!!!!!! I hate when people scan my face....their eyes move up and down my face and I know what theyre thinking!

My dream: wake up with new perfect glowing radiant skin :- yeah I know....only in my dreams :roll: Im sure u wouldnt mind this dream comming true eh? :wink:

NE 1 have some advise on how to cover up my dark scars?

~TriN

hmm sorry i dont know what the ingredient are! maybe mac.com? ne ways i have REALLY sensitive, acne/allergy prone skin and ive been using studiofix now since august and my skin has been fine with it

right on. thanks. mac just tends to be very heavy in their ingredients. hence it's a makeup artists line which tends to make one think of makeup put on specifically for a special engagement or photo shoot. not a lifestyle makeup. speaking in terms of foundation. shadows and lipstick excluded. well i'll pay a visit to the mac store and see whats up with the studiofix. i love powder. don't like liquid foundation at all.

The most annoying thing is when people make comments pretty much expressing the point of view that people who wear makeup are shallow. Of course, it's always the people with absolutely perfect, flawless skin who say this, while you're sitting there hating them, thinking of course I wouldn't put makeup on if I had your skin. Not wanting to look plain is one thing, walking around with blotchy skin is another. I hate myself for this, but whenever I see people with skin like mine walking around without makeup, I think how much better they would look with makeup (did I mention I hate myself for this) - so I'm not going to walk outside without makeup on. I now use a mineral powder (Aromaleigh, cheap) mixed with moisturizer as a foundation, followed by Neutrogena spf 30 compact powder as a "finishing powder" (finishing powder is in quotes since it's just about the highest coverage powder you can buy in a drugstore, but of course not high enough for my skin).

ritzvin, you have all my feelings down.

i just wanted to be another person to add to the fustration of acne and all the problems it brings. i hate car mirrors. i am so paranoid about people looking at me, cuz i think they're starring right at a dry spot on my face, an unblended makeup part of my face, or a huge pimple.. and i hate car mirrors, do i really look like how i look in a car mirror?!

I totally know how all of you guys feel! I am so sick and tired of always having to cover up my acne and the scars left from it. :) I have tried everything to try and cover it all up and help to fade old scars. I try to stay hopefull, but it is really hard sometimes. :D I always take forever to get ready to go anywhere. Even if it is just a trip to the grocery store, I always have to cover up every mark and imperfection on my skin. My acne has gotten better over the years.( Just because of time I think ) But having bad skin has really affected me really bad. I became an agoraphobic ( someone who basically never leaves the house) and stopped going to school and didn't want to do anything. I never let anyone see me without makeup on. Acne really ruined my life. My acne is alot better now, but I still have scars from previous acne I am trying to get rid of. I have tried everything. Being so obsessed with trying to find something to cover up my acne and/or get rid of it, has really turned into something that has actually become something that I want to do as my career. I know how it feels to suffer from this and want to be able to help prevent people from going through the same thing I did. I am going to be turning 18 on June 28th and just recently went to take the test to get my Ged since I basically dropped out of school because of this when I went into High School. I am going to be going to North Carolina to see my boyfriend (who is in the Marine Corp and is on his way back from fighting in the war). I haven't seen him for over 6 months and don't want to spend my whole time with him worrying about what my skin looks like. I am trying everything I can to fade the scars and am looking for makeup to help conceal them. I have heard a lot about Almay Kinetin and that it helps to fade acne scars. I also heard they have a concealer that is supposed to do the same. I was wondering if anyone has tried them or knows something else I could try that would work on my very pale skin. Thanks so much for letting me get this off my chest! I really appreciate it. [-o< -here is hoping for clear skin!

OK - can I join the venting team? this is what i hate- waking up in a flat and being too embarrased to walk fromt he shower to my room without makeup on- or to be able to sit in the lonuge and watch tv- or cook brekkie! I hate knowing that if I dont put my "Mask" on then everyone would be thinking- im glad my skin doesnt look like that! I hate that concela drys up and rubs off and gets caught in skin crusts and makes it look worse! And I really hate how firends complain when they have "one pimple" coming up- its like godwhat I would give to have 1 pimple full stop!!!!!!!

Most of all I hate myself for being so shallow to think that I need to wear makeup to be acepted around my friends- Even when I had perfect skin I was the same but now it is 1000 times worse. I think Ive got to come to temrs with me in my new skin before I can let anyone else- sad aye! Sorry dont mean to bring anyone down but just really bugs me sometimes! :D({|=