Notifications
Clear all

Still no improvement

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 09/14/2016 4:34 pm

I took this picture today in some of the worst shadows that I've seen my scarring in. It really highlights how disfigured my forehead is. All my treatments are failing and I don't know what to do. Do you think I should just pull the plug and go for fraxel repair? I have a few derms who are willing to do it.

please help me! I know I'm very negative on this forum, but can you understand why?! My scar is a horriblemess! It looks like somethingclawed at chunk out of my face. I have poured so much time and money into fixing this to the point that I can live with it and all is failing. I am suffering so much, I'm afraid I'm going to hurt myself! I don't want to be perfect, I just want to be normal!

MemberMember
(@user532889)

Posted : 09/14/2016 4:48 pm

Are u...are u serious?

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 09/14/2016 4:52 pm

23 minutes ago, EveryThoughtIsTangibleEnergy said:

Are u...are u serious?

Yes! Why are you judging me? I've had plastic surgeons and other doctors tell me it's not a good scar. It looks like I was attacked by an animal or knife. If course it's much worse in person. It doesn't blend into my face at all and is extremely prominent. It has almost all unfavorable characteristic (wide, lumpy, hypopigemrnted, indented, doesn't move right, deeper scarring of the muscle). Why do you minimize my distress over a prominent scar that is failing to respond to treatments? I've spent over $7,000 with no improvement

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 09/14/2016 5:20 pm

Doctor told me is be happy after only two microneedling sessions. I've had 2 with no results. Now he's saying 4-6 and I'll be happy. Starting to think he's just after my money. Should I just go for fraxel?

Please don't judge me. I am trying to heal my scar from the inside too. I'm going to therapy. I just got on meds too. It fucking sucks. I feel like a drugged up zombie but I can't take the constant mental suffering anymore. I really am trying. My therapist doesn't think I have BDD. She can clearly see my scar. I'm just looking for support here. I can't give up the hope that one day I'll be comfortable with my forehead again. You have to understand that I've never had skin issues before this and now I'm tortured on a daily basis.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 09/14/2016 5:46 pm

I could live with something like this. Thin lines don't bother me. I don't know why I can't heal like this.

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@user532889)

Posted : 09/14/2016 7:39 pm

Hey I'm sorry...but I wasn't sure if u were joking or not.

Just wanted to say that I have friends from fire and the military, and I know quite a few who have gnarly scars (worse than yours) on their cheeks, neck, forehead, and sides of their head. And u know what? ALL of them are proud of their scars. People look, of course, but they're just curious. Those that look at them with disgust (very few) are just grossly inexperienced in life and/or purely ignorant. But why let these people in the minority fuck with your head like that? (no pun intended)

Next time someone asks just say an eagle clawed the fuck out of u...and it's cool.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 09/14/2016 7:45 pm

But see here's the problem, I'm a petite woman. I'm not some big strong tough guy in the military. I don't want to look like an eagle clawed my face :( that is devastating to hear

MemberMember
(@user532889)

Posted : 09/14/2016 8:08 pm

14 minutes ago, scarredandsad34 said:

But see here's the problem, I'm a petite woman. I'm not some big strong tough guy in the military. I don't want to look like an eagle clawed my face :( that is devastating to hear

OK I was curious but didn't want to ask your gender, so now it makes more sense. But I was including both men and women...I once met a fellow firefighter who just happened to be drop-dead gorgeous and she had a scar similar to Tina Fey across her cheek. So, as guys we were thinking, not only is she super beautiful, she's also a badass with a scar to prove it. NEVER did we think she was a freak...never never never. It had quite the opposite appeal. Chicks with scars are total badasses. You should try to really understand that.

MemberMember
(@mjg713)

Posted : 09/14/2016 11:11 pm

I know you are usually very pessimistic but we really are making great strides in wound healing. I think that within the near future we will achieve scarless or very close to scarless wound healing with either an ECM hydrogel or 3d printed skin using stem cells, It must be indented because you lost fat, have you tried a filler using fat cells?

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 09/15/2016 10:49 am

@sadnesssss

Really? Coming from the person who posted this?

you should focus on your own mental health instead of judging mine.

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 09/18/2016 2:02 pm

Oh my god I assure you no one notices or cares about that tiny little insignificant scar. Stop spending money on it and enjoy your life.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 09/18/2016 2:27 pm

25 minutes ago, 420blazeitfgt said:

Oh my god I assure you no one notices or cares about that tiny little insignificant scar. Stop spending money on it and enjoy your life.

Actually people do notice my scar and I've had some inappropriate questions/comments. I bet you wouldn't want a prominent knife looking scar in the middle of your face!

i assume your face is scarred too, or else you wouldn't be wasting your time here. So I don't understand why you're so quick to judge my distress and desire to get this thing improved. Where the fuck is your empathy?

MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 09/18/2016 4:52 pm

Reading through your post history makes it sound like you have some horribly disfigured face, and this is what you're so concerned about? It doesn't even look like an acne scar, it looks like you fell off your bike or something.

You posted this a while ago;

"Thanks. This scar has already cost me thousands of dollars. Thousands. Both on treatment that hasn't worked and psychiatric therapy because of the emotional pain that I am suffering from. I had such a fabulous life before this. I was always active, social, great career, loved outdoor activities, the beach and the sun. Now I never leave my house. I'm basically waiting to die. My life is practically over at 33."

You musthave BDD if you let one tiny and practically unnoticeable scar affect you this much. Its very sad that you're wasting your life because of this. I really do hope you get better, because its all in your head.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 09/18/2016 5:18 pm

6 hours ago, 420blazeitfgt said:

Reading through your post history makes it sound like you have some horribly disfigured face, and this is what you're so concerned about? It doesn't even look like an acne scar, it looks like you fell off your bike or something.

You posted this a while ago;

"Thanks. This scar has already cost me thousands of dollars. Thousands. Both on treatment that hasn't worked and psychiatric therapy because of the emotional pain that I am suffering from. I had such a fabulous life before this. I was always active, social, great career, loved outdoor activities, the beach and the sun. Now I never leave my house. I'm basically waiting to die. My life is practically over at 33."

You musthave BDD if you let one tiny and practically unnoticeable scar affect you this much. Its very sad that you're wasting your life because of this. I really do hope you get better, because its all in your head.

my entire face is not disfigured, but half of my forehead is!

And for the record, you can get much more disfigured from falling off of a bike than a few minor acne blemishes.

a noticable facial difference that causes distress and attracts unwanted attention is not imagined, and not BDD. Don't ever accuse me of having that again. Get your facts straight.

MemberMember
(@utmostgeese)

Posted : 09/18/2016 5:36 pm

I have to say, scarredandsad, you seem to attack everyone that tries to point out that your scar isn't so bad, would you like everyone to say how horrendous it is?

Reading through your past posts you seem very angry, we all have scars on this website so please try to remember that. Many have it a lot worse than just one scar.

A scar will not drive people away, but having a bad attitude and negative outlook will.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 09/18/2016 5:47 pm

24 minutes ago, UtmostGeese said:

I have to say, scarredandsad, you seem to attack everyone that tries to point out that your scar isn't so bad, would you like everyone to say how horrendous it is?

Reading through your past posts you seem very angry, we all have scars on this website so please try to remember that. Many have it a lot worse than just one scar.

A scar will not drive people away, but having a bad attitude and negative outlook will.

I understand that many people here have more than 1 scar. But I have 1 very severe/prominent scar that is much larger than several acne scars combined and it is not responding to treatments. Does that make things any easier? Hell no.

I can't stand it when others accuse me of having BDD or saying my scar is insignificant or that no one will notice it when that is simply not true. I do not go around this forum shaming others who are distressed over noticable scarring. That shit really pisses me off and that's why I get so angry.

I think the trend on this forum is to minimize other people's scars and tell them it's not that bad, but the reality is no one here would want it on their face. I would appreciate honesty over this these hypocricies. A simple "yeah, your scar is obvious and I understand your distress." Or, "I'm sorry, I hope you can find a treatment that works for you" instead of accusing me of having BDD and telling me to get over it would be much more helpful.

but instead some assholes like 420 feel the need to attack, insult, and criticize me..

Scroll up to the top and you'll see that my original post was expressing my distress and frustration with failed treatments and asking about fraxel repair.

MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 09/18/2016 8:21 pm

I'm not trying to attack you I'm trying to be honest with you, probably something that you need more of. The reality is that you're being way too hard on yourself for having a scar on your forehead. Literally no one would be off-put by a scar like that, I see people with similar ones all the time. I can't blame you for wanting to fix it but you're clearly letting it control your life and it's ridiculous.

You say you "appreciate honesty over these hypocricies" but people are giving you the honest truth, having a scar on your forehead is not nearly as bad as you make it seem. Anyways,I personally don't think fraxel repair would do anything for your scar. Fraxel is for softening out scars with sharp edges. Try looking into temporary things like fillers or dermaflage until a better option comes along.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 09/18/2016 8:44 pm

16 minutes ago, 420blazeitfgt said:

I'm not trying to attack you I'm trying to be honest with you, probably something that you need more of. The reality is that you're being way too hard on yourself for having a scar on your forehead. Literally no one would be off-put by a scar like that, I see people with similar ones all the time. I can't blame you for wanting to fix it but you're clearly letting it control your life and it's ridiculous.

You say you "appreciate honesty over these hypocricies" but people are giving you the honest truth, having a scar on your forehead is not nearly as bad as you make it seem. Anyways, I personally don't think fraxel repair would do anything for your scar. Fraxel is for softening out scars with sharp edges. Try looking into temporary things like fillers or dermaflage until a better option comes along.

It's common for people to have small scars. It is not common to have wide jagged dents of scar tissue that mess up the way a forehead should naturally move. 

the pictures above are with filler. It looked awful. I tried Dermaflage and that didn't work either. Dermaflage is for small pock like holes. It does not work on giant lumpy divots that contract everytime I make a facial expression.

and yes, people are put off by scars, judgement and cruel. Look what happened to this poor woman, who had MOHs. And her scar is more minor than mine.

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 09/18/2016 9:10 pm

My scar has sharp edges but it's also indented. A few derms have said fraxel might improve it. They are probably lying but microneedling is not working and I'm starting to panic.

do you think this woman is legit?

i really am desperate for unprovent. Not perfection, just enough to make my scarring unnoticeable.
http://www.thedcmethod.com

MemberMember
(@acneruinedmylife5)

Posted : 09/18/2016 10:00 pm

the more you guys ignore scarredandsad34 the less she will post

MemberMember
(@mjg713)

Posted : 09/18/2016 10:09 pm

57 minutes ago, scarredandsad34 said:
My scar has sharp edges but it's also indented. A few derms have said fraxel might improve it. They are probably lying but microneedling is not working and I'm starting to panic.

do you think this woman is legit?

i really am desperate for unprovent. Not perfection, just enough to make my scarring unnoticeable.
http://www.thedcmethod.com

I wouldn't tattoo it.... It won't do anything for texture and will look weird anytime your face gets tanned. If it wasn't on your face I would say yes but not for something on your face.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 09/18/2016 10:29 pm

27 minutes ago, SAS34isajoke said:

the more you guys ignore scarredandsad34 the less she will post

I just reported you, asshole.

Why dont you have the fucking balls to post under your real account?

MemberMember
(@acneruinedmylife5)

Posted : 09/18/2016 10:33 pm

1 minute ago, scarredandsad34 said:
I just reported you, asshole.

Why dont you have the fucking balls to post under your real account?

the fact scarredandsad is not banned from
this site astonishes me . the profanity she uses and the fact shes a hypocrite .." i dont go around shaming others and diminishing their scars " she says which she does all the time. fact- most of us here have it far worse off yet scarredandsad thinks the world revolves around her . PS i just reported you too for calling me an asshole

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 09/18/2016 10:36 pm

1 minute ago, SAS34isajoke said:
the fact scarredandsad is not banned from
this site astonishes me . the profanity she uses and the fact shes a hypocrite .." i dont go around shaming others and diminishing their scars " she says which she does all the time. fact- most of us here have it far worse off yet scarredandsad thinks the world revolves around her . PS i just reported you too for calling me an asshole

Right. I haven't shamed anyone with REAL scars. Give me one example.

man up and use your real profile

MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 09/18/2016 10:37 pm

Yea microneedling is definitely bullshit and I wouldn't bother tattooing it. Did you get subcision when you got your fillers?