Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm on my 2nd round of Accutane (results did not last the first time, but I did have 8 months of clear skin). I am in an extremely dry climate (CO), so my skin is not handling the dryness well. Even without actively taking Accutane, I had dry skin since the first trial, and it's even worse now when taking the meds again. Because I am on it again, my skin is so dry that I get nose bleeds every week, and can barely wear makeup without looking like I have wrinkles, even though it is just dry skin. I have intense moisturizer, but it really doesn't help more than keeping my skin from cracking at night. Does anyone have tips on makeup application to help? I use both liquid and powder from bare minerals. Even when I apply it well, it still is very clear that I have acne. Tips? My nose has peeling skin while my forehead has acne... 

Hello,

Do you moisturise before you put on your foundation? this seems to help me with any dry patches or flakey skin so the foundation goes on more smoothly. Also maybe try a hydrating primer, that will prep the skin before foundation and should help with dryness. 

Hi! What helped me ALOT is using a hyaluronic acid serum and aquaphor at night! Then for makeup I used a hydrating primer like makeup forever and then a luminous foundation! the key is to not use a drying foundation or matte ones since they're made for oily skin :) try makeup for dry skin it should help! And moisturize heavily during the day with a moisturizer like cerave !!

Hey! 

I found using moisturiser and primer really helped with a liquid foundation!, i moisturise in the morning, when i get home from work after i wash my face and then again before bed. 

Im on my second week but my skin has gotten tight and itchy already. hope this helps. x 

I used jojoba oil as makeup remover the entire time I was on Accutane and didn't have any issues with makeup application.  I think the oil every night kept me balanced moisturized + moisturizer. AND I used pur minerals foundation (a powder).