Notifications
Clear all

I have had this scar on my face for a week, should I go to the doctor?

MemberMember
(@lolalilly91)

Posted : 09/11/2016 11:04 pm

It started out as a pimple with slight discoloration around it, I applied activated charcoal to it along with cortisone cream & an acne cream & when I woke up the skin just started to fall off, a week later it looks like this & some dry skin around it is still peeling off. I have been applying tea tree oil, lavender oil & vitamin e oil to it daily with cocoa butter. Tomorrow I am going to purchase mederma skin cream. No scab has formed & it feels kind of hard. 

Should I go to a dermatologist? What else can I do to heal this?

20160911_235607.jpg

MemberMember
(@skrillexxi)

Posted : 09/12/2016 12:40 am

Hey there!

My name is Lexi and I am an Esthetician. It looks like hypo-pigmentation and yes you should probably go see a derm to be safe. Hypo-pigmentation is hard to treat so going to a derm who has the medical products to help would be good. Stay safe and do that. Stop with the oils- that can irritate it even more. What i recommend for the time being is leaving it alone until you see your doctor. Make sure to cleanse day and night and to put sunscreen on it before you go outside. CeraVe is a good over the counter brand. I wish you the best of luck!

MemberMember
(@lolalilly91)

Posted : 09/12/2016 5:32 am

I woke up this morning & it looks 25% better, I can see some of the color coming back.