Notifications
Clear all

Flat red spots?

MemberMember
(@dreamer05)

Posted : 09/11/2016 7:52 pm

Hello everyone! First time here. So I've never had a huge problem with acne. I have combination skin. My cheeks and chin can get extremely dry, and my forehead and nose can be oily. My forehead especially gets above average oily. I'd like to address a couple of issues. I have a lot of whiteheads in between my eyebrows. It's almost never ending, they're always there. I have some tiny scars in the area from extracting previous whiteheads on my own. Any suggestions?

Ok my BIGGEST issue, is that almost a year ago I decided to stop tanning to prevent premature aging. Since that time my skin is relatively pale. Now on my forehead I do get some actual pimple, but my biggest issue is under the skin red spots. Sometimes they come up to actual pimples, but most often they don't. They are just small red circles under my skin, which I can really only see very well when I tilt my head into the light. I have retinol, and BP cream. I've been consistently using the BP cream on my forehead twice a day, but the red spots are still there (although the actual pimples have gone down). Any suggestions for creams/serums/lotions for these red flat spots? I've never had any skin conditions so I'm sure they're acne related.

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@skrillexxi)

Posted : 09/12/2016 12:53 am

Hey there!

So what I would recommend is for sure to cleanse your face everyday twice a day with something that has Salicylic acid (this acid penetrates the skin and goes deep into the follicle to unclog the follicle and rid any irritation). Secondly I would use a mandelic serum which helps with lightening the skin. The retinol should be good if it is a good brand. Also ALWAYS wear sunscreen- it helps to prevent hyper/hypopigmentation and worsening of skin conditions like the one it sounds like you have. If you used to tan it can produce an effect of causing the skin to freak out initially because its trying to readjust and heal itself after its been damaged! Good you stopped but always use sunscreen because it has healing effect from initial sun damage as well. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@dreamer05)

Posted : 09/12/2016 1:50 pm

I'm also getting laser hair removal on my face so I always protect myself from sun. I have salicylic acid acne wipes. I should probably use those. I also have glycolic acid wipes, which greatly improve my skin. But that's way too much so it's really hard to prioritize what I'm doing!

The retinol is 1% Skinceuticals so I trust it.