Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have combination skin, (oily in t-zone and dry on cheeks) I exfoliate twice a day, is that to much? my skin is so oily and even after applying an oil-free moisturiser after exfoliating ( I heard oily skin is due to over-excessively dry skin ) hence the moisturiser. I'm going to cut back to exfoliating once a day in the evening but what do I use in the morning?!?! I dont know wether I should buy a cleanser but I have no idea if that helps and what even is it? I would really appreciate some advice I post a lot on the forum and rarely ever get replays and I'm in desperate need for help. Thank you. I'm currently on epiduo but only apply to my forehead as when I applied it to other areas the breakout was too much for me. I just need a skincare strategy and i'm stuck. Thank you. 

Hi benroberto! 
For me personally, my skin simply couldn't handle that much exfoliation. I used to exfoliate every night but soon discovered that it was irritating my face more than healing it. Now I limit it to two or three times a week, depending on how it looks and if I have time. 
As far as cleansers go, I honestly just use water. I tried two Clean and Clear cleansers that had received very high ratings, but they broke me out worse than I have ever experienced before.  Too scared to experiment with anything else, I now stick only to water, spot treatments, ice and Cetaphil moisturizers. 
Hope I could help! Best of luck!!!

My bad... forgot to mention that I have normal skin with perhaps a small pimple or two once a week, but if I am consistent with spot treatments and icing my face, they typically disappear within a day. I do occasionally experience an acne nodule though. 
I use Burt's Bees Spot Treatment and Amura's Naturals Vitamin C serum (latter is my mom's anti-aging product,  but I find it works well on some hyperpigmentation marks). I also rub ice all over my face for several minutes every night. 
Obviously, I can't predict how your skin will react to my routine, but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway.