Notifications
Clear all

5-HTP

MemberMember
(@jenjen77)

Posted : 09/06/2016 12:22 pm

Has anyone here tried 5-HTP? I LOVE the effects of it, but I've heard that after a while it can negatively affect the body? :(

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 09/06/2016 1:31 pm

For what do you want to use it for?

MemberMember
(@ironmotivation)

Posted : 09/06/2016 2:16 pm

Yes, if taken daily for a while it could have an effect on the hearts rhythm. try to alternate it with another thing like L-Tyrosine or Tryptophan

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 09/06/2016 2:51 pm

34 minutes ago, IronMotivation said:

Yes, if taken daily for a while it could have an effect on the hearts rhythm. try to alternate it with another thing like L-Tyrosine or Tryptophan

It is not recommended to use it in combination with other medication.

MemberMember
(@jenjen77)

Posted : 09/06/2016 6:38 pm

For anxiety, depression, ocd.

What about Saffron or Thianine? I've heard that Tryptophan can make you tired

I've tried Rhodiola and Prozac but hate the side effects :/

MemberMember
(@ironmotivation)

Posted : 09/06/2016 7:23 pm

It is not recommended to take anything with anything. 

OP- Theanine is good, I get mine from powdercity for cheap. Try researching NALT/L-Tyrosine. Stay away from GABAergics. And yes it might make you tired, 5-HTP does that ;D usually any relaxant (anxiety is mostly reduced when relaxed personally) will make you tired

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 09/07/2016 2:30 am

7 hours ago, IronMotivation said:

OP- Theanine is good, I get mine from powdercity for cheap. Try researching NALT/L-Tyrosine. Stay away from GABAergics. And yes it might make you tired, 5-HTP does that ;D usually any relaxant (anxiety is mostly reduced when relaxed personally) will make you tired

Then why recommend it?

MemberMember
(@ironmotivation)

Posted : 09/07/2016 9:55 am

7 hours ago, AlexanderJ86 said:
14 hours ago, IronMotivation said:

Then why recommend it?

Lmao go away dude. Before I be the bigger man and ignore you, I recommend it because being a little tired is better than having racing thoughts and a negative mood, which would have an impact on various other things.