Notifications
Clear all

Feed back for Isotrexin Gel

MemberMember
(@ar1995)

Posted : 09/06/2016 6:55 am

Hi I am a 21 year old male from Karachi, Pakistan. I have moderate acne for the past five years. My doctor has prescribed me Isotrexin Gel. I wanted to know if anyone one has used it here and if so, how was their experience and how much time did it took for the medication to actually start working.

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 09/06/2016 7:39 am

My honest opinion is DON'T. Do not try it.

However realistically if your doc has prescribed it perhaps he/she feels it's a good option then perhaps give it a go? What else have you tried?

I tried Isotrex gel.. which is the same WITHOUT the antibiotic (erythromycin) I used it for 3 months to give it a good shot and believe me I had exhausted everything so it was really "my last hope", well it messed up my entire face and NOW I am on Accutane, which is working for me.

I guess we need to go through these battles and hurdles to get to the end result though, if I hadnt tried Isotrex then I would probably not be on Accutane. Check out my blog, I wrote my experience about Isotrex on there every week I was on it.

Good luck.

Again that is MY experience with it.. it may work for others.

MemberMember
(@ar1995)

Posted : 09/06/2016 4:26 pm

Thank you for your feedback. I have tried a couple of medications, including antibiotics. I have tried Duac gel ,Dalacin T (Clindamycin Phosphate), Adapco gel(Adapalene), Akneles Cream etc etc. I also took couple of anti biotic pills as well. I dont remember their name.

When I was sixteen years old, one of the doctors prescribed me a medicine after which he told me about its side effects. One of the side effects that he mentioned was "Suicidal tendencies" and "depression". When we went to a different doctor and mentioned the name of that medicine, the doctor was visibly cross. She told us that the medicine was banned in USA and it also has a lot of adverse side effects. I never used that medicine.

Although I dont remember the medicine name that was prescribed to me but based on this incident and recent internet searches , I believe that medicine was accutane. Idea here is not to scare you but instead I am just suggesting that you should read about the experiences people had who used accutane. I believe you have most probably done that.

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 09/09/2016 7:10 am

Oh yeah I have done my research on Accutane endlessly. It wasn't an easy decision for me to make, I had to weigh up the pros and cons.

I've had acne for 15 years (I'm 25) and to say it's made my life hell is an understatement. But yeah I've been on it 38 days now and I feel great, I'm actually on medication for my anxiety and depression as well and I have had NO worsening or anything in terms of my mood. I genuinely feel great!

I feel a lot of people worry too much about their course and read SO many negative and fearful reviews that they end up experiencing negative side effects like really bad initial breakouts and horrendous joint pain and moodiness etc, but I went into this journey with a huge open mind BELIEVING that this WILL work.. and it is.