Notifications
Clear all

Saffron for anxiety??

MemberMember
(@jenjen77)

Posted : 09/05/2016 8:25 pm

Have any of you taken Saffron before for anxiety/stress relief?

So far I have tried...
-Prozac (too many side effects)
-Rhodiola Rosea (hated the diuretic effect)
-Bach Stress Relief Drops (doesn't last a long time)
-Bach Pastilles (doesn't last a long time)
-Theanine (doesn't last long)

I've read that Saffron is just as effective as SSRIs. If you have experience, do you know if it has any diuretic, bloating, gas, or dizziness side effects? I have a friend who swears on it, but it could also be a placebo...

Thank you in advance!

MemberMember
(@jenjen77)

Posted : 09/05/2016 10:55 pm

bump?

MemberMember
(@ironmotivation)

Posted : 09/06/2016 2:23 pm

Never tried Saffron, but you can take a look at supplements such as 5-HTP, which is a precursor to some chemicals including melatonin. I personally am trying out different therapeutic chemicals. You can also take a look at Valerian Root, which I believe lightly works with the GABA system. Don't buy any GABA powder btw, doesn't cross the blood-brain-barrier.

Also, you can try researching NALT andAshwanganda

MemberMember
(@ashron17)

Posted : 12/22/2017 7:14 am

I use Life Extension Saffron, and I can feel the uplifting mood effects. I am going at my second attempt of sticking with the product for the second time. The reason I haven't really been able to commit is that it has a similar effect to Turmeric on me; it causes irritability. Strong or potent Turmeric products cause right out rage, but with Saffron I just notice that I feel more quietly hostile and irritated. For some reason other serotonin agonist also do this to me now. Even St. John's Wort which I used to take daily.

I am going with half the recommended dose this time. I am also taking Theanine and GABA. I know GABA as a supplement is questionable, but I believe it worked well for me in the past. Back to the Saffron, I can feel my brain brighten up some after taking it and I'm hoping that the combination with Theanine and GABA will calm or dissipate any irritableness. I would really love to have extended use of the product just to see what happens after a couple of months.