PanOxyl

MemberMember
(@mrsdubs)

Posted : 09/03/2016 5:51 am

Hi everyone, i have a few questions about Panoxyl Gel, id never heard of it before a few weeks ago, i found an article which raved about it so immediately ordered some online. I didn't know about the different strengths and the only one i found was Panoxyl 10Aquagel - i used it as advised on the box but after a few days my skin was a mess, horribly dry and skin peeling off, really red and just horrible! ( i expected it but it was still a shock)

anyhow, after that i decided to dilute it with water which i have been using for the past few days and thankfully my skin has been much better (no more dry, peeling skin) but its obviously not as effective and i've noticed all the little bumps coming back under my skin, im just worried now that when i start diluting it less ill have another bout of dry flakey skin

I'm just looking for other peoples experiences? thanks

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 09/03/2016 12:56 pm

I've used PanOxyl before but the 2.5% one. The 10% one you're using would have been far too strong for my skin, and I think they're quite a harsh cream even in the lower percentage. I wouldn't dilute with water, but would advise using the tiniest possible amount only once a day and following up with a heavy moisturiser like Cetaphil.

MemberMember
(@mrsdubs)

Posted : 09/04/2016 11:05 am

Thanks for the reply!
i started off only using a pea sized amount and mixing it with moisturiser but it still had a bad effect on my skin, hence why i started diluting it. ive looked for the ones in the lower strengths but cant find any, i believe they have been discontinued 🙁

MemberMember
(@eli_g)

Posted : 09/06/2016 2:51 pm

Try ordering off amazon. If they don't have the panoxyl brand, just use a different brand that has a bunch of good reviews. I suggest using the milder version all over (if you need it) and the stronger version on the really bad spots, and use a heavy oil-free moisturizer.