Notifications
Clear all

AHA+ for hyper-pigmentation?

MemberMember
(@frank-lopez)

Posted : 09/01/2016 9:48 pm

So I've been on the acne.org regimen for about 2 months now and my acne has cleared up dramatically and I rarely get new pimples. However, my face was left with a lot of red marks and I just want to know if the AHA+ glycolic acid from the acne.org regimen helps fade these marks, if not, any tips? The description that Dan has for the glycolic acid is really not that informative. Any replies will be higly apreciated ((((:

MemberMember
(@eli_g)

Posted : 09/06/2016 4:00 am

Glycolic acid works. So does Lactic acid, mandelic acid, salicylic acid... etc. It all really depends on how sensitive your skin is, what it can handle, how patient you are. I've tried peels with all of those acids before, and it does take some time for spots to go away. The only thing that can get rid of spots faster is a TCA peel. A TCA peel is freaking awesome but it can also be really risky because some people have either a: not done enough research and scarred themselves because of their own stupidity and/or b: their skin just didn't work with the acid. I was lucky enough to do the TCA peel twice without adverse effects (plus, I researched the sh*t out of it).

So if you think you might be interested in all that, try reading up on it (a lot) and check out Makeup Artists Choice. That's where I get all my peels and some other skin care from.