Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Log 2016 - WadeX

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 09/01/2016 4:29 pm

Hello Acne.org Community,

I am WadeX. Been with the community for over a year now, and it is now my time for Accutane (iosotrenoin). I am going on for a six month treatment beginning soon. I hope to keep my logs here. Currently my acne is pretty bad, however it is NOT severe, or up and down causing deep scars, however I've been on antibiotics over a year, tried treatments, BP, Adapalene (Differin), SA, BHA, and everything else. My mom has been on this and it was successful.

I will try to update AT LEAST once a week. If you'd like, follow along, post your stories, and even your logs. Hope this works, and keep me in your prayers!

Thank you,

WadeX

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 09/09/2016 3:11 pm

First pill will be tonight. Taking Claravis 20 mg a day first month for sure.

WadeX

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 09/09/2016 7:27 pm

Hello all,

I have taken my first pill. Everything is all well health-wise. Hope this thing works, it's a last resort.
I will hopefully supply pictures in the near future.
The height stunting thing is worrying me, however, if it is not evenlistedas a side effect, I assume it effects a small amount of people. I am a steady 5 11' at the moment anyway. Thats not a bad height to sit at for the rest of your life :-).

Again hoping this will work!

WadeX (I'd love to hear others stories on Accutane)

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 09/10/2016 9:12 am

Here's your images:

You_Doodle_2016-09-10T14_08_38Z.jpg

You_Doodle_2016-09-10T14_09_54Z.jpg

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 09/11/2016 9:15 pm

End day 3:

A little dryness, probably will be like this for the whole journey. I'm on a low dose right now so it shouldn't get much worse. Using medicated chap stick and Aveeno and Cetaphil moisturizers.

Feelin pretty good ;)

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 09/13/2016 6:40 pm

End day fiveeeeeeeee:

My moisturizer and chapstick are below. Some slight dryness of the lips and skin. Skin looks alright. 

Here re are some face pics and the products I use - 

You_Doodle_2016-09-13T23_39_11Z.jpg

You_Doodle_2016-09-13T23_40_00Z.jpg

IMG_0688.JPG

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 09/16/2016 5:51 am

Day 8:

Real dryness. I am getting skin flaking off even when using a moisturizer, but it's not terribly bad. It can be dealed with. On the other hand my face looks really good because of the slight dryness the scars have kind of faded.

Other than this it's going well.

WadeX

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 09/17/2016 8:13 pm

Day 10: 

Dry lips and face. No crazy improvements, as you can see. Going to pick up some scar gel at some point to hopefully clear up some of these marks. 

Here are are some pics:

You_Doodle_2016-09-18T01_10_55Z.jpg

You_Doodle_2016-09-18T01_11_56Z.jpg

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 09/20/2016 9:23 pm

Really dry and purge is definitley starting. I'll get through it. Getting blackheads turning into painful pimples.
Letsdo it!

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 09/21/2016 7:31 pm

hey man best of luck in ur journey....just wanted to tell you....that 20 mg is a low dose and requires more than 6 months ....i takke 20 mg and for a whole year because u need to reach a cumulutive dose....so i hope you're aware of all of this
other than that i wish you the best luck

DeLovely and WadeX liked
MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 09/24/2016 1:04 pm

On 9/21/2016 at 8:31 PM, fouzi94 said:

hey man best of luck in ur journey....just wanted to tell you....that 20 mg is a low dose and requires more than 6 months ....i takke 20 mg and for a whole year because u need to reach a cumulutive dose....so i hope you're aware of all of this
other than that i wish you the best luck

Thanks a lot! Yes, I believe I am beginning at 20 mg and am slowly being moved up to a higher dosage.
Thanks again,

WadeX

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@gms08)

Posted : 09/25/2016 2:34 am

Hey man, Following your log. I tried Accutane about a year ago but threw in the towel after 3 weeks because of joint pain.

Since then I have tried 2 different antibiotics, BHA, BP and even a few laser treatments. 12 Months later I've improved slightly but still struggling, so I'm thinking I'm going to finish this course of Minocycline (2 weeks left) and then give accutane another shot.

Good luck with it all! What's your age and weight? If you don't mind me asking.

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 09/25/2016 9:42 am

7 hours ago, gms08 said:

Hey man, Following your log. I tried Accutane about a year ago but threw in the towel after 3 weeks because of joint pain.

Since then I have tried 2 different antibiotics, BHA, BP and even a few laser treatments. 12 Months later I've improved slightly but still struggling, so I'm thinking I'm going to finish this course of Minocycline (2 weeks left) and then give accutane another shot.

Good luck with it all! What's your age and weight? If you don't mind me asking.

Hey good to hear from people like me!
I am 15 years old and 180 lbs.

You said you had joint pain, and luckily (I'm only on 20 mg) I have not experienced any joint pain. I play football and basketball as well. I am over 2 weeks in now. 
Everyone is different, but yeah, maybe you should give it a shot. I've had some drying but just moisturize. The initial breakout I think is coming to an end and it was wasnt bad at all.

Hoped to help.

WadeX

DAY 17:

So, in the meantime, I will show some photos and yes, there is a little progress made, but still many hard blackheads and dark marks, and some scarring of course. My face is at its oiliest, as I just woke up, however usually it is dry.
I apply some Cetaphil and Aveeno moisturizer in he morning, before bed, and throughout the day. 
I also apply chapstick.

Its uncomfortable, but expected. And going fine:

You_Doodle_2016-09-25T14_44_52Z.jpg

You_Doodle_2016-09-25T14_45_49Z.jpg

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@ajxxatic)

Posted : 09/28/2016 4:27 am

lucky you dont have any inflamed ones.

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 09/28/2016 8:49 pm

16 hours ago, ajxxatic said:

lucky you dont have any inflamed ones.

This is true, but many small ones and under-the-skin bumps are painful. I also deal with numerous blackheads and real oily skin.
It looks way worse in person.

Unnoticeable under the skin bumps are some of the most painful things ever. They can be huge.

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 10/02/2016 9:11 am

DAY 24:
Called in to get my blood tests scheduled for the end of the month. As you probably know, while on Accutane, we monthly have to go have blood taken so they know there is nothing Accutane is doing that is harmful.
I haven't experienced too many side effects but here are the few I've had:

-Light headaches
-Dry lips
-Dry face
-Slightly moody (I can keep it from showing though. It's just how I feel)

Its going pretty well! I'll update after day 30 when the blood has been taken.

MemberMember
(@hxneys)

Posted : 10/02/2016 5:17 pm

My first appointment is on the 4th (Tuesday) and I am both stoked and terrified.
It took me a while to find an actual thread of someone going on accutane around the same time as me.
Anyway, will be cool to see more updates from you since you're about a month ahead of me. You're lucky you don't have to go through the whole iPledge, do-not-under-any-circumstance-get-pregnant thing.

Considering logging my experience as well, but I'm pretty lazy.
Good luck!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 10/05/2016 9:36 pm

On 10/2/2016 at 6:17 PM, hxneys said:

My first appointment is on the 4th (Tuesday) and I am both stoked and terrified. 
It took me a while to find an actual thread of someone going on accutane around the same time as me. 
Anyway, will be cool to see more updates from you since you're about a month ahead of me. You're lucky you don't have to go through the whole iPledge, do-not-under-any-circumstance-get-pregnant thing.

Considering logging my experience as well, but I'm pretty lazy.
Good luck!

Hey happy to hear your in the same situation! So, I actually did have to go through the iPledge thing (I'm just not a girl) so it wasn't as bad. 
I hope this works for both of us! ;)

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 10/10/2016 7:37 pm

Alright here is your month 1 Update:
Going in tomorrow to get my Blood tests done. Yay. Hopefully everything is okay. I can't eat after 12 midnight until 7:30 when the tests get done (schedule it early so you don't have to go without eating).

My face looks descent. No more oil, dryness, lips included. Use hydrocortisone it clears your lips up seemingly overnight.

Lastly, pictures: 
I am still on 20 mg and we'll see if that changes after tomorrow. 
Heres the pics: 

You_Doodle_2016-10-11T00_36_28Z.jpg

You_Doodle_2016-10-11T00_37_08Z.jpg

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 10/14/2016 5:34 am

Okaaaay,

So guys, yesterday I went in to the Derm for my one month checkup (have to do it once a month for as long as I'm on the med). My blood work came back fine, which is good.
My dosage has been bumped up to 30 mg a day, not full dosage, and three pills a day. One in the morning and two at night.
I have seen a small amount of improvement, but of course I have lots of scarring so it's hard to keep track.

Hope his helps some of you,

WadeX

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@brandonb17)

Posted : 10/18/2016 6:11 pm

Nice man, it looks like you had decent improvement over a short amount of time.

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 10/20/2016 6:51 pm

On 10/18/2016 at 7:11 PM, Brandonb17 said:

Nice man, it looks like you had decent improvement over a short amount of time.

Thanks, I'm feeling pretty good. Hopefully it won't get too much worse, anyway I get a lot of small pimples still but I'm an expert at popping now. :#
On 30 mg is so we'll see how it goes.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/22/2016 4:50 pm

Good luck with your Accutane journey!! Sending support and hugs your way!!! 🙂

WadeX liked
MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 10/24/2016 7:48 pm

Thanks so much DeLovely!

Lots of dryness as of now, hydrocortisone for the lips is super helpful. My body isn't too dry otherwise.
I am having some mood swings but I canmanage.

Feeling pretty good without an oily face!
Hope all of your lives are going well,

WadeX

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 10/25/2016 8:26 am

Hey man, best of luck on your course as well! Just remember that everyday we are on the drug is another day closer to clear skin 😀

WadeX liked