Notifications
Clear all

9 Year Old Has Pimples

MemberMember
(@mevmom)

Posted : 08/29/2016 9:34 pm

Recently I noticed my nine year old daughter has two pimples. I'm anxious about them because of my acne struggles. I want to do the right thing early on so I don't make the problem worse. I don't know if these pimples are a fluke or a sign that she's in for a rough ride....

MemberMember
(@moks1970)

Posted : 08/31/2016 7:45 pm

My then 5 year old had a pimple above her eye once and I freaked out as well. It went away on its own, after I consulted my esthetician and she advised to do nothing, no picking, popping etc. She has since had 1 or 2 (she is now 7). I am trying to not instill fear in her but at the same time, I have already set her up on the entire treatment plan I have (minus the medication part) _ have her wash her face every morning with a facial sponge and a gentle, non-comedogenic wash then a non-comedogenic sunblock - every day. I am hoping that if she gets used to taking care of her skin, it will be something she does naturally and never has to suffer like I did. But I didn't learn how to take care of my skin until my 20s.

MemberMember
(@n82153)

Posted : 09/03/2016 12:13 am

Her time mightcome one of these days but she still seems to young to be having acne. Either way, ifthey start popping up you know what to do, assumingyou found a treatment for yours.

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 09/04/2016 5:34 am

Diet. They say that acne isn't caused by what you eat but I'm positive it can be controlled by what you eat. If you can get him on a good diet consisting of lots of veggies and fruits rather than junk food then he won't have acne. I've never ate veggies my whole life and I've had acne since I was 14. I just started eating veggies now for every meal and my skin is getting clear and im not having those huge dreaded pimples that leave dark spots. Trust me on this do your research for foods that help skin

Shelly399 liked
MemberMember
(@asianheaux)

Posted : 09/06/2016 1:34 pm

I have dealt with acne since I was 8 years old and I still have acne today at 18 years old. I understand your fear, but I believe the reason why I had dealt with severe acne is because my dad also went through the exact same thing. Hopefully, her struggle doesn't come on as early as mine did.

MemberMember
(@eli_g)

Posted : 09/06/2016 2:28 pm

My kids are only 8 and 7 but I already know they're in for it when they hit their teens. My father had horrible acne, and so did I. My girl had a pimple or two a couple months ago, which turned out to be the sunscreen clogging her pores. I made sure that she washed her face better and the problem went away. Sometimes it also happens when she's been super active and hasn't been cleaning the sweat from her skin...again, I just made sure she washed her face better.

She just used her body wash, but if you want to go better than that, I think there's a skin care line geared towards kids/tweens that could work for you. But keep in mind, you could actually start a problem too....don't want to be rough on youthful skin by applying chemicals and scrubbing etc. Personally, if I really had to, I'd try to find a 100% organic, oil-free cream cleanser and use organic rose water as a toner.

MemberMember
(@anjcalics)

Posted : 10/27/2020 2:36 am

Can a 9 year old use the regime?