Notifications
Clear all

BB cream?

MemberMember
(@natb1313)

Posted : 08/28/2016 10:49 am

Hi all

This is my first post, although I have been a long time lurker on this site! I did a 6 month course of accutane last year and this site was a godsend. There is so much good information on here and I wanted to join the discussion.

To give you a bit of background info, I've been dealing with hormonal cystic acne on and off since my early teens (I'm 23 now). Accutane cleared me up almost completely (bless!). The acne started to come back about four months off of accutane, but it was a million times more manageable. Although I still consider myself to have acne prone skin (I have to be SO diligent with my routine to avoid breakouts), I am able to control it with topicals now which I was never able to do before accutane.

My major concerns now are scarring and oilyness (in spite of the accutane my skin is still a total oil slick). This brings me to the purpose of this post: I'd really like to find a light bb cream specifically designed for oily, acne prone skin to cover up my scars without making my face feel heavy or causing a breakout. I'm currently using Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation with Tarte setting powder and NARS concealer, but now that I'm clear I don't really see the point in putting so much goop on my face. Every time I go into Sephora with my concerns the girls end up telling me that I need more products instead of less (primer! Setting spray! Etc etc.) but I am really not interested in this. I love the feeling of a bare face, and if it wasn't for the scarring / redness I'd never touch makeup again.

Any ideas? I'm currently trying Aveeno Clear Complexion BB cream (because their Ultra Calming moisturizer with feverfew is a godsend) but I'm not in love with it. It's a little chalky on and not all that moisturizing.

Thanks in advance and nice to meet you all!!

MemberMember
(@gabae)

Posted : 08/31/2016 10:15 pm

On 8/28/2016 at 10:49 PM, Natb1313 said:

Hi all ˜º 

This is my first post,  although I have been a long time lurker on this site! I did a 6 month course of accutane last year and this site was a godsend. There is so much good information on here and I wanted to join the discussion. 

To give you a bit of background info, I've been dealing with hormonal cystic acne on and off since my early teens (I'm 23 now). Accutane cleared me up almost completely (bless!). The acne started to come back about four months off of accutane, but it was a million times more manageable. Although I still consider myself to have acne prone skin (I have to be SO diligent with my routine to avoid breakouts), I am able to control it with topicals now which I was never able to do before accutane.

My major concerns now are scarring and oilyness (in spite of the accutane my skin is still a total oil slick). This brings me to the purpose of this post: I'd really like to find a light bb cream specifically designed for oily,  acne prone skin to cover up my scars without making my face feel heavy or causing a breakout. I'm currently using Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation with Tarte setting powder and NARS concealer, but now that I'm clear I don't really see the point in putting so much goop on my face. Every time I go into Sephora with my concerns the girls end up telling me that I need more products instead of less (primer! Setting spray! Etc etc.) but I am  really not interested in this. I love the feeling of a bare face, and if it wasn't for the scarring / redness I'd never touch makeup again. 

Any ideas? I'm currently trying Aveeno Clear Complexion BB cream (because their Ultra Calming moisturizer with feverfew is a godsend) but I'm not in love with it. It's a little chalky on and not all that moisturizing.

Thanks in advance and nice to meet you all!! 

Hi, Nat a few of the BB creams that have been quite populer among the beauty bloggers are It cosmetic CC cream, Erborian BB cream, Supergoop CC cream, Clincique Acne Solutions BB cream. They are all known for having great coverage :)

Natb1313 liked