Notifications
Clear all

how do you cope with acne?

MemberMember
(@cassie-sara)

Posted : 08/28/2016 7:17 am

How do you cope with acne? Because i feel like i cant take this no more. Im 25 years old, ive had acne for the past 13 years, ive tried almost every solution out there, drugs and all. Its supposed to be hormonal acne, but even with treatment my skin still breaks out, and i start to pick at it and it turns into a full on disaster. I try to cover it with foundation but you can still see it. I cant stand going out knowing people are looking at it and judging, im ashamed of my face, i cant stand it anymore. I cry at night, i feel like hiding somewhere and be alone all the time. I have no one to talk to. It s awful... How about you?

MemberMember
(@kenharrison)

Posted : 08/28/2016 7:43 am

i can control my acne with diet, but how to cope with acne just know its going to get better sooner or later. try to stay positive we all have to deal with it some point time of our lives. good luck also you said your acne is hormonal have tried adjusting your diet also working/yoga?

MemberMember
(@cassie-sara)

Posted : 08/28/2016 8:17 am

29 minutes ago, KenHarrison said:

i can control my acne with diet, but how to cope with acne just know its going to get better sooner or later. try to stay positive we all have to deal with it some point time of our lives. good luck also you said your acne is hormonal have tried adjusting your diet also working/yoga?

Im vegan so i figured that my diet isnt an issue. I used to work out more but havent seen any improvement in my skin so i stopped.

MemberMember
(@kenharrison)

Posted : 08/28/2016 10:10 am

lol being vegan doesn't have to do with anything you can be an unhealthy vegan, n besides its more of a life style if you would say. yeah working might not be helping your acne but its helping your body as a whole.

MemberMember
(@psychedelicate)

Posted : 08/28/2016 4:04 pm

I realized a while back that the way I see my skin problem isn't how everyone else sees it. I guess I just decided that I should stop worrying so much about it and go about my life. I've actually managed to completely clear my acne and am now about 70% done with clearing my scars and hyperpigmentation. I also believe that I developed some mild form of body dysmorphic disorder from all the years of intensively observing/obsessing over my face. Funny enough, I'm sure everyone's skin looks bad if you're constantly staring at it in the mirror with harsh bathroom lighting. I just gotta stop caring too much.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 08/29/2016 5:02 am

21 hours ago, Cassie Sara said:

How do you cope with acne? Because i feel like i cant take this no more. Im 25 years old, ive had acne for the past 13 years, ive tried almost every solution out there, drugs and all. Its supposed to be hormonal acne, but even with treatment my skin still breaks out, and i start to pick at it and it turns into a full on disaster. I try to cover it with foundation but you can still see it. I cant stand going out knowing people are looking at it and judging, im ashamed of my face, i cant stand it anymore. I cry at night, i feel like hiding somewhere and be alone all the time. I have no one to talk to. It s awful... How about you?

I am not judging you. I accept you just the way you are.

MemberMember
(@cassie-sara)

Posted : 08/29/2016 6:17 am

14 hours ago, psychedelicate said:

I realized a while back that the way I see my skin problem isn't how everyone else sees it. I guess I just decided that I should stop worrying so much about it and go about my life. I've actually managed to completely clear my acne and am now about 70% done with clearing my scars and hyperpigmentation. I also believe that I developed some mild form of body dysmorphic disorder from all the years of intensively observing/obsessing over my face. Funny enough, I'm sure everyone's skin looks bad if you're constantly staring at it in the mirror with harsh bathroom lighting. I just gotta stop caring too much.

this is kind of true. Whenever i try to tell someone how i feel about it they laugh at me and tell me that im crazy or im exaggerating.