Notifications
Clear all

25 years old and no signs of stopping!! (picture attached)

MemberMember
(@nmsunflower)

Posted : 08/27/2016 8:39 pm

I cannot believe it. Even after going dairy free, taking a daily multivitamin/fish oil/probiotic, using flouride free natural toothpaste, exercising daily, using clinique tinted sunscreen instead of makeup, using benzoyl peroxide (1 year of use and came back), clindamycin phosphate (4 month use and came back), salicylic acid (seemed to cause more acne), washing my face with gentle face wash and motion, drying my face gently with paper towels, using fragrance free detergent, never touching my face, drinking only water and not staying out all night......I have the worst acne I've ever had in my entire life! What...the....hell....is....going....on. My poor boyfriend. I'm so glad he loves me for my personality hahaha!

In all seriousness I found out that iodine in multivitamins can cause acne so got rid of those and really working on eliminating any high sugar foods that can mess with my insulin levels. I love sugar but hopefully limiting myself to one treat a day and then hopefully to one every three days. Anybody else have had success with no sugar diets? I am so sad! haha. I am tired of trying everything and being diligent and my skin always being so pissed.

Btw my acne (which is mostly 85% around my chin) looks so much worse in person than in this picture! Currently I am festering a huge red painful cyst that literally showed up within hours.

20160827_193339.jpg

MemberMember
(@loftydonald)

Posted : 08/27/2016 9:15 pm

ive had a similar situation, i would see a dermatoligistand have them help figure it out. drink tons of water every day, really helps flush out toxins this has really helped with my cystic acne. for products ive found carlys tamunu cream to work really well for the red marks and actually seems to help reduce the cysts.
good luck!

MemberMember
(@nmsunflower)

Posted : 08/27/2016 10:47 pm

1 hour ago, LoftyDonald said:

ive had a similar situation, i would see a dermatoligistand have them help figure it out. drink tons of water every day, really helps flush out toxins this has really helped with my cystic acne. for products ive found carlys tamunu cream to work really well for the red marks and actually seems to help reduce the cysts.
good luck!

Thanks LoftyDonald I will have to see if I can get a sample of that cream! Until then I just leave these babies alone until they go away on their own. Leaves a hyperpigmentation spot but no ice pick scars so far! Crossing my fingers lol

MemberMember
(@nmsunflower)

Posted : 08/28/2016 1:20 am

3 hours ago, CP. said:

How did you use the benzoyl peroxide

CP I followed Dan's regimen religiously for a straight 3-4 months. it cleared up but I toned down the regimen just a bit to take a break from the discolored towels, bed sheets and dry sensitive skin. Slowly my acne started to come back, seemingly worse than ever. Granted, I know I should have just gone back on the regimen and learned how to maintenance my skin better after it cleared up but I was frustrated. I don't mean to vent but I get so scared that my skin is going to have to rely on a system like that to stay clear and meanwhile the acne is going to get stronger if I were to take a little break. I would rather work on the source of the acne but I guess it hasn't got me that much farther either.

MemberMember
(@cassie-sara)

Posted : 08/28/2016 3:04 am

Hello, I'm 25 also and struggle with acne. Mine is hormonal but whatever i do it just wont go away. I take hormonal treatment and it helps a little, i guess its not as bad as it used to be but I hate it and i hate myself. I tried everything but the skin still breaks out. Is it to much to ask for a clear skin? It doesnt have to be perfect... Whenever i feel like it looks good and its healed...well my skin prooves me wrong and 5 zits show up in no time. Ugh... I've just bought zinc supplements and im hoping this will help with the healing. I'm too ashamed of myself to even go out and see people, but i gotta go to work so this sucks.

MemberMember
(@acnesufferer353)

Posted : 08/28/2016 5:31 am

Benzoyl peroxide breaks down into benzoic acid and oxygen though it kills p.acne but it also oxidizes the skin lead to more "unnatural" dead skin cell and clogged pores.

Fish oil has a lot of unnecessaryoil in it try those dry vitamin A. Or Omega3/6 for inflammation?

Acne is very weird as there is still no permanent cure for it. Yea sugary stuff, dairy products, spicy foodand oily food all linked to acne. Sometimes hard to resist those food.

MemberMember
(@nmsunflower)

Posted : 08/28/2016 10:21 am

5 hours ago, Acnesufferer353 said:

Benzoyl peroxide breaks down into benzoic acid and oxygen though it kills p.acne but it also oxidizes the skin lead to more "unnatural" dead skin cell and clogged pores.

Fish oil has a lot of unnecessaryoil in it try those dry vitamin A. Or Omega3/6 for inflammation?

Acne is very weird as there is still no permanent cure for it. Yea sugary stuff, dairy products, spicy foodand oily food all linked to acne. Sometimes hard to resist those food.

Yes this is why when I was on the regimen, I looked forward to moisturizing my skin, though for me it still didn't prevent painful irritation in some spots and made me oily in others, might have been using the wrong kind of moisturizer. That is very interesting you mention "spicy foods" because yesterday morning I had potatoes, chicken and hot green chile for breakfast. Soon after, my face started to hurt and that cyst literally popped up. I'll definitely have to do better tracking of my food in the future. What is your take on the theory of delayed reaction to food triggers. For example I eat potato chips and two weeks later I get a cyst.

MemberMember
(@nmsunflower)

Posted : 08/28/2016 10:54 am

33 minutes ago, CP. said:

I use BP, and I am clear. I'd rather treat my acne than spend time trying to figure out what causes it. Also I don't think the Regimen caused your acne to return stronger.

This is why I came on here after so many years, I need logic in this mess I call acne haha. Maybe next paycheck I can purchase the regimen again and give it a proper go this time.

MemberMember
(@nmsunflower)

Posted : 08/28/2016 11:52 am

11 hours ago, Cassie Sara said:

Hello, I'm 25 also and struggle with acne. Mine is hormonal but whatever i do it just wont go away. I take hormonal treatment and it helps a little, i guess its not as bad as it used to be but I hate it and i hate myself. I tried everything but the skin still breaks out. Is it to much to ask for a clear skin? It doesnt have to be perfect... Whenever i feel like it looks good and its healed...well my skin prooves me wrong and 5 zits show up in no time. Ugh... I've just bought zinc supplements and im hoping this will help with the healing. I'm too ashamed of myself to even go out and see people, but i gotta go to work so this sucks.

Cassie, I totally feel your pain! I'm going through the same thing. I worry whenever i go out in public or when I hang out with friends they are thinking I eat like shit and don't take care of myself because of my skin, if not just think its absolutely disgusting to look at. You are not alone but its a great test for us to overcome and have extra confidence and love for ourselves in the end. Plus I know its hard to think about, but I've been having to remind myself the past month with this current flare up that I grateful to have only acne and no other serious health conditions. My body is doing a pretty dang good job but my skin needs time and help to heal from stress, genetics, and the American diet we have to abide by at times to fit in with others i.e birthday parties, girls night in etc. Those are the nights I choose a mcdonalslds hamburger, a small fry, or a few beers instead of the water and salad it needs. But I live on such a strict diet it is necessary to have these treats once in a while in order to stay sane and not have my eating disorder come back. Please PM me if you ever need to talk, you sound like such a cool gal!!

p.s. good luck with the zinc supplements those actually helped me a bit but if you can cut them into quarters and take one quarter at a time throughout the day. one zinc tablet is too much for the stomach to handle, you don't want to find that out the hard way like I did!

MemberMember
(@psychedelicate)

Posted : 08/28/2016 4:00 pm

At any point did you stop using BP? I stopped using BP after clearing my acne and it came back. I recommend sticking with BP even after your acne is gone.

MemberMember
(@ironmotivation)

Posted : 08/28/2016 4:10 pm

Are you allergic to seafood/fish? I have read of a connection from the allergic reaction to some fish oil that might be causing it, cutting it out helped me a little

MemberMember
(@nmsunflower)

Posted : 08/28/2016 10:04 pm

5 hours ago, psychedelicate said:

At any point did you stop using BP? I stopped using BP after clearing my acne and it came back. I recommend sticking with BP even after your acne is gone.

Yeah I understand. I used it perfectly for about 3=4 months and my acne cleared. Then for about 6 months I only used BP every other day or as a spot treatment. I stopped the treatment completely for a while but my acne seemed to come back stronger than ever after a while. I didn't restart it because its hard for me to accept I'm going to be red and raw while I get used to the BP again. I am so glad you found something that works for you!! I will seriously consider trying it again.

5 hours ago, IronMotivation said:

Are you allergic to seafood/fish? I have read of a connection from the allergic reaction to some fish oil that might be causing it, cutting it out helped me a little

I don't believe so. I've stopped all of my oral supplements in the meantime because truly I have a really good diet and probably don't need anything extra right now. I've taken fish oil pills before and they didn't seem to do any harm but we will see.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 08/29/2016 4:52 am

You are a very beautiful girl. I wish my back looked like your face.

MemberMember
(@cassie-sara)

Posted : 08/29/2016 6:09 am

18 hours ago, NMSunflower said:
Cassie, I totally feel your pain! I'm going through the same thing. I worry whenever i go out in public or when I hang out with friends they are thinking I eat like shit and don't take care of myself because of my skin, if not just think its absolutely disgusting to look at. You are not alone but its a great test for us to overcome and have extra confidence and love for ourselves in the end. Plus I know its hard to think about, but I've been having to remind myself the past month with this current flare up that I grateful to have only acne and no other serious health conditions. My body is doing a pretty dang good job but my skin needs time and help to heal from stress, genetics, and the American diet we have to abide by at times to fit in with others i.e birthday parties, girls night in etc. Those are the nights I choose a mcdonalslds hamburger, a small fry, or a few beers instead of the water and salad it needs. But I live on such a strict diet it is necessary to have these treats once in a while in order to stay sane and not have my eating disorder come back. Please PM me if you ever need to talk, you sound like such a cool gal!!

p.s. good luck with the zinc supplements those actually helped me a bit but if you can cut them into quarters and take one quarter at a time throughout the day. one zinc tablet is too much for the stomach to handle, you don't want to find that out the hard way like I did!

I sinceriosly hope my skin will heal asap. I take 50mg of zinc a day. I currently have a few lesion on my face and i really dont know what to do about it , how to make the skin heal faster because it looks really bad.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/05/2016 1:32 am

I'm also 25 and still have acne. Every time my skin finally clears up, something pops up again. I've tried Accutane but it never really cleared my acne (went on 2 separate treatments.) Now I'm not taking any meds, and have switched all my face/skin products to La Roche-Posay cause apparently it doesn't irritate skin as much. Hoping to see results |

MemberMember
(@nmsunflower)

Posted : 09/08/2016 12:14 pm

On 9/5/2016 at 0:32 AM, ec56 said:

I'm also 25 and still have acne. Every time my skin finally clears up, something pops up again. I've tried Accutane but it never really cleared my acne (went on 2 separate treatments.) Now I'm not taking any meds, and have switched all my face/skin products to La Roche-Posay cause apparently it doesn't irritate skin as much. Hoping to see results |

EC good luck! I recently bought La Roche Posay sunscreen for my face, I'm hoping it doesnt make me as oily as my Coppertone sunscreen does. The company states its non comedogenic but I think it actually is lol. 

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 09/09/2016 7:25 pm

It doesn't look too bad, but if the regimen worked in the past I would get back on it asap and stay on it.

I thought I could wean off the harsh acne treatments when I was 25 and it came back full force. I went back on it and am clear this year (26). My derm and I agree Ill be on a regimen for the majority of my life.

MemberMember
(@tyuchaf84)

Posted : 09/14/2016 12:53 am

I hate to be the one to break the bad news to you but I'm in my 30's and still get acne. Basically your genetics mean you'll never be free of it. I'm at a point where I never leave the house except for work. Prepare to have your life ruined.

MemberMember
(@user532889)

Posted : 09/14/2016 7:40 am

On 8/29/2016 at 2:52 AM, AlexanderJ86 said:

You are a very beautiful girl. I wish my back looked like your face.

I'm sure you meant well with that comment...but it just sounds weird and funny as hell lol

6 hours ago, Tyuchaf84 said:

I hate to be the one to break the bad news to you but I'm in my 30's and still get acne. Basically your genetics mean you'll never be free of it. I'm at a point where I never leave the house except for work. Prepare to have your life ruined.

Well I'm in my 30's as well, and it took me a while (nearly 14 years) but I no longer get acne. I had it BAD....on my back, chest, neck, head, face. But with a lifestyle change and plenty of research I've been clear for a few years. Look at my post under Diet/Holistic Health if u want some info.

NMSunflower and Yola4 liked
MemberMember
(@tyuchaf84)

Posted : 09/15/2016 1:58 pm

Why? So I can give myself more false hope and push myself even closer to suicide? No thanks!

MemberMember
(@kenharrison)

Posted : 09/15/2016 5:28 pm

3 hours ago, Tyuchaf84 said:

Why? So I can give myself more false hope and push myself even closer to suicide? No thanks!

NO NO NO, its to give hope. yes we all have this f up gene but we all have differently it. It might go away for some but maybe not for others. you should speak for yourself n stay of this site if you really believe it won't go away, no point n spreading false/truth information around. Acne is an unknown cause, just like some people get cancer and some don't.

MemberMember
(@tyuchaf84)

Posted : 09/15/2016 11:53 pm

What false truth am I spreading?? There is no cure for acne. Fact! Deal with it!

MemberMember
(@beautyqq)

Posted : 09/16/2016 3:10 am

On 28 August 2016 at 9:39 AM, NMSunflower said:

I cannot believe it. Even after going dairy free, taking a daily multivitamin/fish oil/probiotic, using flouride free natural toothpaste, exercising daily, using clinique tinted sunscreen instead of makeup, using benzoyl peroxide (1 year of use and came back), clindamycin phosphate (4 month use and came back), salicylic acid (seemed to cause more acne), washing my face with gentle face wash and motion, drying my face gently with paper towels, using fragrance free detergent, never touching my face, drinking only water and not staying out all night......I have the worst acne I've ever had in my entire life! What...the....hell....is....going....on. My poor boyfriend. I'm so glad he loves me for my personality hahaha!

In all seriousness I found out that iodine in multivitamins can cause acne so got rid of those and really working on eliminating any high sugar foods that can mess with my insulin levels. I love sugar but hopefully limiting myself to one treat a day and then hopefully to one every three days. Anybody else have had success with no sugar diets? I am so sad! haha. I am tired of trying everything and being diligent and my skin always being so pissed.

Btw my acne (which is mostly 85% around my chin) looks so much worse in person than in this picture! Currently I am festering a huge red painful cyst that literally showed up within hours.

20160827_193339.jpg

try chemical peel. My  acne problem solve after 3 section. Drink at least 3 L water per day. That's the most important. Good luck 

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 09/16/2016 9:30 am

Go to a dermatologist. Could be a hormone issue. Also start using a niacinamide serum

MemberMember
(@nmsunflower)

Posted : 09/17/2016 10:32 pm

On 9/16/2016 at 2:10 AM, BeautyQQ said:
On 8/27/2016 at 7:39 PM, NMSunflower said:

20160827_193339.jpg

try chemical peel. My  acne problem solve after 3 section. Drink at least 3 L water per day. That's the most important. Good luck 

Beauty QQ thanks for the advice. My skin is so irritable and sensitive that the less I touch it or put any harsh ingredients on it the better!! I envy others who can do masks and exfoliants without looking like a bumpy pizza afterwards! :(