Notifications
Clear all

I have finally given up

MemberMember
(@faunballet98)

Posted : 08/27/2016 2:08 pm

I've had acne (mainly cystic) for over 2 years even though my skin was never really clear and always quite congested. It's now gotten to the point were I have tried everything under the sun, except acutane. Nothing has ever cleared up my skin, no prescription from a doctor or natural remedy. My skin makes me feel so low that I don't go outside or have any friends anymore. My skin is covered in scars and suffers really badly from hyper-pigmentation

I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm vegan (mainly for ethical reasons) I drink a smoothie every morning and get plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables and I don't eat processed food. I stay away from oil and sugar. I also found out last year I had food intolerances to wheat,yeast,dairy and soy. When I cut out those foods my skin got a little better but didn't clear up. I try to get 20 mins of sun on my face everyday and I don't pick or touch my skin. I use black African soap which is one of the only things that has helped and a natural moisturiser that doesn't irritate my skin compared to past ones I've used.

I take b12 supplements a multi,zinc and magnizum which don't have any added fillers in them. I also use macca powder which regulates my periods

Sorry for the long post but I feel like I'm doing all the right things but not getting anywhere. My skin is filled with whiteheads,blackheads, milia and at least a couple of cysts that come and go like a whack a mole game. My skin even brakes out when I have panic attacks I feel like even breathing makes my skin brake out.

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 08/27/2016 7:45 pm

Yeah I understand some of your pain. My acne is worse than its been in over a year and I have some acne scarring and post inflammatory erythema to top it off.

Why haven't you given isotretinoin a try?

MemberMember
(@loftydonald)

Posted : 08/27/2016 9:20 pm

try carlys tamanu cream, really helps with the annoying red maeks after a pimple, by far the best product ive tried for it. i totally understand what your going through, keep in mind your friends like you for your personality and wont care if they see your acne, if they do theya rent great friends. Also you probably know this already but drink tooons of water everyday, that really helped me clear up my cystic acne.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 08/27/2016 10:02 pm

Sameeee here. For a while tretinoin was working for me, but Iv'e decided to just stop topicals all together and move on to accutane and finally end it once and for all.

MemberMember
(@lilmexicana)

Posted : 08/27/2016 10:48 pm

DOn't give up! Give it time and you will find the right solution for you and your skin type! Don't give up hope. The right treatment is out there... just keep trucking and staying healthy. You will find it!

MemberMember
(@faunballet98)

Posted : 08/28/2016 3:37 pm

19 hours ago, acne scar obsession said:

Yeah I understand some of your pain. My acne is worse than its been in over a year and I have some acne scarring and post inflammatory erythema to top it off.

I would love to tryIsostretinoin but i live with my mum who only wants me to cure my skin naturally and is very anti pharma. I will look into it though!

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 08/29/2016 9:25 am

17 hours ago, Faunballet98 said:
On 8/28/2016 at 8:45 AM, acne scar obsession said:

I would love to tryIsostretinoin but i live with my mum who only wants me to cure my skin naturally and is very anti pharma. I will look into it though!

Show her accutane before and after pics, and the many published studies regarding accutane. That should be enough to convince her.

Also, tell her how you really feel about your skin, and how its affecting you. It'll really help out the decision.

MemberMember
(@prayingforcure)

Posted : 08/29/2016 4:53 pm

Being Vegan may actually be part of the problem. I work in IT and a lot of my colleagues are Indian and many of them are vegetarian/vegan. One thing I've noticed is that a lot of vegetarians/vegas tend to have severe acne or scarring from acne they once had. I think the lack of vitamin A and certain other nutrients from meat based diets may be a contributing factor. Accutane, or other sources of vitamin A or whatever else you are lacking in your diets might help a lot.

MemberMember
(@ironmotivation)

Posted : 08/30/2016 10:11 pm

I believe someone's acne was caused by vitamin B12, have you noticed a change after starting it?

MemberMember
(@helldell)

Posted : 08/31/2016 6:14 am

Donot lose hope. Try using vitamin B12.