Notifications
Clear all

Burning, bumpy rash or maybe burn? Picture

MemberMember
(@redfacedandraging)

Posted : 08/26/2016 10:48 am

Hey guys, so I recently used a benzoyl peroxide on my face one time and... Well it's not good. I only used it once but here I am a few days later and I am facing a constant burning sensation and idk what to do. My face is really hurting and I just really need some help. Thanks all

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@sosickofzitz)

Posted : 08/26/2016 3:17 pm

ouch, that is not supposed to happen. stop using it. and put some ice on it. maybe take some benadryl. I hope it feels better!

MemberMember
(@carlasmiles)

Posted : 05/27/2019 2:59 am

I have the very same problem right now on my cheeks, chin and forehead! Could anyone let me know how long it takes for the red patches to clear up?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/08/2019 3:03 pm

Definitely an allergic reaction or sensitivity issue. It will take a while to go down. You could try benadryl cream or something that does not contain steriods in it. Your skin is angry but given time, it will bounce back. In the meantime, no makeup or other active ingredients. Water only or water and a gentle cleanser such as cetaphyl or Cerave .

MemberMember
(@earlgray27)

Posted : 07/16/2019 3:27 am

Stop using it since I think it's not really compatible with your skin.

MemberMember
(@nassab)

Posted : 01/26/2020 10:12 pm

It'snormal for benzoyl peroxide to burnor sting just a little bit when you apply it. Your skin may also get red and a little itchy. It's just typicalbenzoyl peroxideside effects, especially during the initial stages of treatment.
True
benzoyl peroxide allergiesare very rare. For people who areallergic,benzoyl peroxide
can cause itching, swelling of lips, tongue, or throat, hives, and trouble breathing

MemberMember
(@nikitacommandorocksyahoo-com)

Posted : 03/19/2020 8:34 pm

This happens to me too - with both benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. My dermatologist told me to avoid both of them if it happens.